Direct Interactions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - DR Agent
    Current Employee - DR Agent

I have been working at Direct Interactions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, always paid on time. Very flexible. Really easy customer service job.

Cons

At this moment cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

2. "They got sued for not paying workers"

Former Employee - Parking Enforcement Officer
    Former Employee - Parking Enforcement Officer

I worked at Direct Interactions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to choose your own hours. Team leads are nice

Cons

If you want to work at a job where every move is being monitored and your supervisor and QA constantly on your back telling you how stupid and bad you are doing. Welcome to this job.

You will be paid approximately minimum wage after you pay for own office, computer, ergonomic chair, desk, and everything else. By the time you calculate everything, your pay rate will be approximately 7.45 per hour. You will not be able to afford to buy a cup of coffee. Furthermore, you shall see that your co-workers, who just happened to be supervisor’s favorites although they make a lot of mistakes promoted into leads.

The call volume will be constant on most days. You don’t even have time to breathe during work hours. For 8 hours of work, the phone rang approximately 7.50 minutes. During the holidays, then management will release you early w/o paid. They don’t want you on the pay roll w/o taking calls.

You will constantly being trained on different things and everything is being nitpicked by management. The rules constantly changed, and you will have to follow or it is severe errors that would get you fired. The only trouble is, the training is on your own hours and not being paid. None of you, except the supervisors or leads would get any kind of benefits. No vacation, holiday paid or medical. You shall be human robots, but unfortunately at this time, the robots cannot replace you because they are not advanced enough yet. Once they are, you will be on unemployment line.

This job position will be at will. That means the company can fired you at any time for any damn reason. Most time, reasons not given.

Did I mentioned you don't even get a break? Oh yes, since you are contractors, you don't get paid-breaks. You can request for one, but if it is busy, you don't get one.

Like I said on the title, they got sued for not paying workers. If you still want to apply, have a go at it.

"Terrible management, broken promises, mediocre pay, favoritism shown"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Direct Interactions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to select your own hours week to week

Cons

This company is run by a bunch of rude and obnoxious women with a chip on their shoulders. The two owners could care less, and never respond to emails with legitimate concerns (even though they claim to always be available). Every call is monitored it seems and you cannot deviate at all from the script. Going out of your way to help a caller can actually get you in trouble, not worth it! I was with this company for several years. They always promised everyone that new accounts were coming on board and their would be chances for advancement. Never happened. The same people get rewarded with bonuses and "employee of the month". If you are not in with the supervisors, forget it. Lastly, you are treated and expected to work like an actual employee, yet when it is to their benefit they will tell you you are a "contractor". In summary, do not expect promises to be kept and certainly don't expect to make this a long term proposition.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the incompetent, rude women running the place. When every review complains about them, you know it's true! If you are going to always reward the same 3-4 people, stop with the charade of "employee of the month".

"An honest review..."

Current Employee - WAH Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - WAH Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Direct Interactions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First I want to say I'm not from management and I haven't been paid to give a review. I must honestly say the pros of this company definitely out-weigh the cons. I've been with this company for less than a year, but the work is really simple. Yes we take calls from motorists but it's mainly just taking payments and giving out information. If anything difficult comes along we literally pass it on to a supervisor. I have not had to do work for any other departments. I think the review that mentioned that must be referring to having to contact verifications via chat to verify forms, which is literally a 3 minute chat. So far I've been paid on time and for the most part everyone there has been great. Now I have noticed a few supervisors that are a little aggressive and pushy. They will try to call you out in the chat room, but that just requires you to respond back in an assertive manner and they will back off. Yes you do get to pick your schedule, but its based on attendance and adherence. So the ones saying they had to fight for hours basically built an unreliable reputation with the company and are placed at the bottom of the barrel for shift picks. Anyone thinking about applying I'd say go for it. This is the best WAH job I've had so far. The training is fast paced and somewhat self paced the first few days. Training lasts for about 1 week then you're sent to the phones. You definitely have to be a fast learner because a lot of information is introduced in a short amount of time. You only get 1 day basically to learn about the phone system but you do get hands on with the accounts for a few days.

Cons

Now for the cons.....well first of all I don't like the fact that when you have issues with their systems you won't be paid. Basically if you can't log onto their phones expect not to get paid and they count down to the minutes. Another con is the training they assign to you which is mandatory and unpaid!! Yes unpaid....also the pay dates the 10th and the 25th that's quite ridiculous. Also since you'll be an IC (independent contractor) you'll be invoicing the company but you have a 3 day window to get your invoice to them or you won't get paid until the next invoice period. So imagine the 10th passing by with no paycheck and having to wait until the 25th to get paid. The scheduling is horribly time consuming since you have to schedule yourself in 30 minutes blocks but I've had no problem getting hours and can schedule myself to work from 12pm to 2pm take a break and come back at 4pm to 8pm. It's complete freedom unless like I said before you've built up a bad reputation. The last con for me which might be good for other people is that you're pretty much treated like a baby in the beginning. They hold your hand through everything. Which is why the job is so easy. You will not be allowed to do anything on your own for the first few weeks. You need permission to even post notes on accounts. You'll basically only take about 2 calls per hour due to the amount of waiting you have to do to get approvals for each call.

Advice to Management

Start paying for training, we shouldn't have to use our own time to learn your new systems

"Horrible company and terrible management"

I worked at Direct Interactions full-time

Pros

There are no pros not even your pay check ...SORRY please don't waste your time. In Jesus name is prey that management fixes the ugliness and hateful way they have towards beautiful people that have love and light in there lives. If you have a beautiful voice forget about it they will hate on you. There is someone in management who sounds like they are choking on a car burarator and he/she sorry no pun intended but I never seen this person and can't tell over the phone if it's a she or he but they have a dentist in there heart and needs to fix it instead of bringing issues to work.

Cons

I don't have enough time to write the book of "cons" please people I'm begging u stay away this is a mess hole of a place to work for with horrible management very grade school like mentality. Don't waste your time you have been warned!!

Advice to Management

Please keep your personal life at home..Trust me your issues get around and everyone talks. This place is like grade school and no one is passing your all failing,grow up and take responsibility for your actions..DO BETTER!

"Quality assurance Agent"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Federal Way, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Agent in Federal Way, WA

I have been working at Direct Interactions (More than 8 years)

Pros

I am paralyzed and personally blind. I received help from the Department of vocational services in my state. I love working part-time and from home. I receive dual benefits Medicare/Medicaid through program called Health Care for Workers with Disabilities. They do not count my assets just earned income. I received an excellent training and I did customer service 1st 6 years and quality assurance agent for 2 years.

I love the technical job I have. I transitioned smoothly from my previous job working in maintenance at Alaska Airlines.

Flexible hours excellent training good relationship with supervisors and owners.

Cons

No complaints at this time. Very good company.

Advice to Management

I am very blessed to have this job.Thank you for giving me independence so I can remain in my home.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Remote- Work From Home
    Current Employee - Remote- Work From Home

Pros

Dedicated to their values, supportive atmosphere and focused on employee professional development. CEO and President are very active in the company.
    Allow you to make your own schedule that works around your life and other commitments.

Cons

Like any job, you have a few coworkers or managers that make things more difficult but overall an AWESOME company to be a part of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Wham, Bam, No thank you Ma'am"

Pros

Set your own hours around your life

Cons

I have never worked with mgmt staff as rude and unprofessional as this group. While in training they fired someone and announced it everyone stating the reason why. After you begin working the supervisors are rude and argumentative in the chat rooms. It's like the company thrives on these type of people

Advice to Management

Shut down start over with personable and professional people. Dont eat the Ginger.

"Not A Company of Integrity"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Seattle, WA

Pros

You can set your own hours, good for a second job not of priority.

Cons

You can not set as many hours as you want, you only get whatever picks are left. The Management does not care anything about your well-being, you get paid a low wage compared to how much work they want you to do. The work is very tedious, can be very challenging when they expect you to remember everything not to mention any new changes, you have to do work for other departments when they are closed but won't give you a red cent for the extra work. Bottom line you are over worked and under paid. The position is more like for college students who are at home with their parents, you cannot depend on this employment to pay your bills. They offer bonus shifts and pay an extra $1 to $3 an hour but you will not be paid until the 10th of the following month and you never get paid on the 10th it is always after.

Advice to Management

Learn what Integrity means, also learn what respect and common courtesy is. Stop being rude to your employees when they have to ask you a question and you expect them to already know the answer. Learn people skills.

"Work From Home Customer Service"

I have been working at Direct Interactions (More than a year)

Pros

It is a fairly easy call. You have to have good call control and people skills then the callers are not so irate. You choose your own schedule. People are very friendly, helpful and supportive.

Cons

Hours are cancelled on a regular basis if it is too slow (which I can understand why...it is hard to predict that kind of call volume). It is hard to get your hours cancelled if you can't work them so it messes up your schedule adherence.

Advice to Management

It would be really helpful if we could cancel our own hours if we are unable to work them (maybe with 24-48 hour notice). The process to email the manager to ask for them to be cancelled is not really working.