Disability Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ronald Miller

1. "Great Upper Management"

Current Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Managers and Team leads in this Dept are great. They are sensitive to your needs and flexible with your schedule. Its nice to work with a team of managers that really believe in helping you.

Cons

A lot of complainers, and people that try to pull off shady work. These are the people that create the most problems. If they spent as much energy doing their job they might not have to cheat and lie so much.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, we know youre in a tough spot sometimes.

2. "Terrible Management"

Former Employee - Hearing Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Hearing Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Mostly fun co-workers, nice break area

Cons

Poor management
    focus on the wrong things
    impossible caseload amounts
    terrible pay
    very hgh turnover - a tell-tale sign of a poorly run company.
    Owner is greedy and out of touch.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring just anyone. The time and energy it takes to train them only to fire them - or they quit out of frustration - is a time and money suck. Stop promoting people simpy because you like them, instead of seeing that they cannot manage a department full of people.

3. "A uneasy going environment"

I worked at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They had many fun events during work hours like ice cream parties and sing along events. The break room had a gaming system where you can blow of some steam from being on the phone all day.

Cons

There training was absolutely awful. Had to try to learn everything myself. The hours were terrible as well, 6:30am to 2:30am. The pay was absolutely awful as well.

Advice to Management

Please create a more efficient training program. I had to basically learn things as I went along. I had to ask for help at times from co-workers that are not even on my team because the ones on my team did not know anything as well either.

5. "I absolutely hated this place!!!"

Former Employee - Pre-Hearing Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Pre-Hearing Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some really great coworkers. Mostly new graduates.

Cons

SO MANY THINGS!!! The pay was awful! I hated doing the same mundane work every single day. The management was a joke! Management never took into consideration how the new changes affected the workers. I inherited a caseload that was poorly managed, and would receive "new" cases from my team members (I think my supervisor knew I would fix them) that were not being worked on, and was chewed out for not working on them fast enough! Best day of my life was when I got laid off from that place!!!! Advice to anyone looking to that place for employment..... DONT!

Advice to Management

Just close!

6. "Do not waste your time"

I worked at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free food sometimes
    paid parking
    some (very limited) good people to work with

Cons

Where do I start? I started working here optimistic of what was to come. After one month, I learned very quickly that those that are promoted are quickly fired, never even getting the chance to properly learn their new job. This company sets unrealistic goals for its employees in order for them to make money hand over fist, while simultaneously neglecting the people they set out to "help" and paying really low wages to over-worked, under-trained employees. I read all the reviews of this company and highly agree with the negative ones. Furthermore, I've worked with several placement agencies around Los Angeles who, upon noticing DGI on my resume, all immediately remarked on how sorry they were for me and that they repeatedly hear of the "difficult office environment." It's sad to me what a bad reputation Disability Group has in the corporate world, but the CEO of this company could not care less as long as he keeps making money by exploiting disabled people. This company is a high school ran by terrible management who doesn't know what they're doing, but have their jobs because they are good at deflecting blame. While I worked there I even saw upper management fired for no good reason. On that note, this company is so dysfunctional and unprofessional that they then go around telling everyone why someone was fired, even though obviously this is no one's business and reeks of unprofessionalism. I believe they do it as a scare tactic. When hired, I was told this was a rewards based company. That's how they get people in the door, when in fact, they are a fear based company. Proceed at your own risk.

Advice to Management

Take some responsibility. Wouldn't you like to work at a place where you're proud of what you're a leader of?

7. "This Company is a joke"

I worked at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I lfet and got a better job with out this on my resume...LOSERS

Cons

Where should I start... I'm sure only a good review of this company came from one of the lame Supervisors. This company is completely unrealistic with the goals they set for the employees and clients. I lfet DGI 2 years a go after only work there 3 weeks and I feel sorry for the people who haven't got out. BTW im sure there has to be some type of law against giving the new employees a PDF of the Ronald Miller's signature so we can "practice" it for signing docs.

Management is terrible/horrible/atrocious. I decided to leave this job even before I had another because it was THAT BAD. DGI stop hiring new employees because you're a joke and always will be, and to prospective clients...just choose Bender&Bender.

Advice to Management

Create realistic goals and focus on the clients you do have.

8. "Terribly run, low paying sinking ship"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They manage to hire really amazing people, who, despite being at a terribly run company, manage to be the bright spot of my day.

Cons

It's the people at the very top, who have no clue how the system works. Therefore they make decisions that hurt the client and make the employees' jobs harder

Advice to Management

Fire all of the management. Get people who actually know what they're doing.

9. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Case Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn tons about SSI and SSDI benefits. You see the way the government works a bit with disability benefits, and you learn how to handle sales.

Cons

When I was hired, no one told me that my job was based on sales. I was told that I would helping people. Expectations were not set right at the start. I was told that I would be helping people. The time I was there, they held multiple sessions on how to handle difficult callers, with different disabilites and situations. However, I was let go because I didn't make the sales goals for two weeks. My first two weeks I did, and I fell short the last two weeks. I didn't get a conversation saying that I needed to perform better. They called me into the office and told me I was terminated because I didn't make the sales goals. When they walked me out they started smoking cigarettes and told me to hurry up, because it was cold.

Advice to Management

Grow up

10. "Fly straight and keep to yourself!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full time hours, safe part of town, energetic/creative co-workers.

Cons

High lay off/termination rate, immature co-workers, office gossip and sneaky stuff going on with upper management where they play favorites. For example giving out appointments to CM they like and screwing over other CM's that are trying to advance, overall unprofessional Associate Directors: Some of the newer ones are irresponsible and lazy. Some of them are seriously out to terminate CM's they want out of the way and will stop your advancement.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the employees that are professional and make a hard effort to do the best they can everyday for this firm. Honestly, the firm needs all the good CM's it can get and DGI needs them badly right now: by this I mean CMs who don't waste time on silly tasks but instead are looking for critical red flags and being responsible with the information at hand. More time should be about getting Medical Records and getting medical updates. Period.

11. "Fun place to work and I like what I do"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Disability Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am fairly new and have made a lot of friends already. I like learning about the law all the medical terminology.

Cons

It is hard to deal with the mentally disabled clients sometimes.

Advice to Management

Hire more people so we can help more clients.