KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Dwell Reviews

Updated Oct 22, 2021

Found 49 of over 55 reviews

2.9
Dwell CEO Zach Klein (no image)
Zach Klein
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Proof Is in the People

Oct 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dwell consists of talented, hardworking, and thoughtful individuals who are all a treat to work alongside. The environment is inspiring, and the company’s mission—to show how good design can bring about positive change—is at the forefront of every decision across all departments.

Cons

The organization is fairly small for the ground we cover, which occasionally leaves some stones unturned. Read: there is opportunity to both grow the company, and bring in new talent to both pick up slack and tread uncharted territory.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company to work for! Strong entrepreneurial spirit

Oct 22, 2021 - Director of Product Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Dwell is a fantastic place to work. The team is passionate, driven and entrepreneurial. We're a team of about 30 people, and growing. Our core teams are Product (which creates, maintains, and expands dwell.com), Sales (which takes our website and Dwell magazine to market for advertising), and Editorial (which creates the unique content that readers have loved for the last 20 years, for both the magazine and the website). I love working with this company because you very often get to collaborate across teams. No one is in the dark as to what the company goals and initiatives are, and I feel like everyone on the team knows the immense value they bring to the company. Dwell is all about good design and the positive impact it can have on personal life and society at large. It's a pleasure to work with my Dwell colleagues to execute on that company mission. My favorite part of working on the Product team: iterating on, and growing, our digital subscription, Dwell+. We launched it just a couple years ago and it has quickly become a rocket ship for our business.

Cons

I've been with the company longer than most of our current team has, nearly six years. I've seen various versions of Dwell as a company in that time. When I first joined, leadership and company strategy was simply not well enough defined or executed upon, resulting in some stumbles and impacts on morale. I feel like I'm in a unique and qualified position to say that Dwell has come an incredibly long way as a company in that time. The Dwell of today is simply a different, far better company than it used to be. So, while I don't have any "Cons" to speak of, I feel like the only thing holding us back from continued excellence is hiring more great people to join the team!

Continue reading
  3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great experience!

Jun 18, 2021 - Communications Coordinator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

creative, fun, and innovative job. lots of networking and meeting many people in the industry

Cons

low paying, not much room for growth.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best of Both Worlds

Feb 12, 2021 - Creative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company is design-driven and makes products that people love. Our NPS is 70+ and the glowing feedback we get from our customers is hugely motivating. I like that we compete as both a media company and a tech company: we still print a magazine, but also build apps that help people discover how to make great spaces to live.

Cons

Relatively small team so everyone wears a lot of hats. That can lead to a lot of interesting learning challenges, but it also stretches us too thin to achieve a sustainable work/life balance. That said, management is recruiting a large number of open roles this year to address this issue, and I hope they do.

5. 4.0

Good company

May 3, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great hour’s flexibility great management

Cons

None really I found it a good experience

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing space with such creative and kind people

Feb 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunities and growth are up to you, management will listen and help guide you. Everyone at Dwell is so kind, and willing to help train!

Cons

Understaffed so work can be a bit stressful but as a team we get everything done and meet deadlines.

7. 3.0

Appreciate your employees

Dec 26, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have a great mangement team.

Cons

Upper management needs to appreciate there employees

Continue reading

Dwell Response

Hello, we believe you intended this review for a different company. Can you please confirm you meant to review Dwell based in SF and NY that publishes Dwell.com and Dwell Magazine? If not, could you please remove this review? Thank you.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Solid!

Jun 17, 2020 - Associate Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very passionate about their work, and there's a lot of opportunity for growth. Zach Klein has really made Dwell a more cohesive, creative team.

Cons

Different departments can feel disconnected at times

9. 2.0

Blegh

Sep 2, 2020 - Social Media Editor in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

Honestly there are too many

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent and talented chief revenue officer

Cons

Constantly in flux, but to be expected for an independently owned company

1 person found this review helpful