EZlocal Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Jim Tracy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Giving Thanks For A Wonderful Career"

Current Employee - Sales in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Lombard, IL

I have been working at EZlocal full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I crash landed here at EZLocal 14 years ago after 26 long years working in the grocery store industry. Over the next 14 years I have held multiple positions, given many individual tasks, and have received generosity, trust, laughter, comradery, and love from this company. The owners have never once failed to be forward thinking and have extremely short memories for any of the faults I've exhibited over the years. In fact, having had nothing 14 years ago and today supporting a wife, a mortgage, and all of the responsibilities of fatherhood to 2 children has been the blessing that has never been lost on me. I hope I've not been remiss in verbalizing and demonstrated these blessings that God has provided me with by placing me in the office of EZLocal from the day I interviewed for this company.

Cons

In 14 years I honestly have no criticisms.

Advice to Management

THANK YOU FOR KEEPING US MOVING FORWARD!

2. "With new management, company would be amazing!"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at EZlocal (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outside sales and meetings, just saying....

Cons

Inside sales and management, those two needed help....

Advice to Management

Bring back outside sales....

"Leaving EZLocal Was A Regret"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Willowbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Willowbrook, IL

I worked at EZlocal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for EZLocal a couple years ago and must say from the managers to the team leaders to the guy sitting next to me...everyone was willing to help me. Jim is an excellent boss who was always very generous with giving extra bonuses and cash incentives almost on a weekly basis. I left there after a little over a year, and I regret it every day!

Cons

I walked into a new job after EZLocal doing sales again, but was not aware that I would be walking door to door selling women's cosmetics. I can't explain how frustrated I was at the mistake of leaving EZLocal. I was a 27 year old man making a nice hourly wage with great bonuses and commissions at ezlocal. Then I was told I'd be making $65,000 my first year and ended up leaving after a week of walking the hot summer streets of Chicago going door to door selling mascara, lipstick, etc. for this new company and they lied to me. I wish I never left EZLocal!

Advice to Management

Please take me back! You have a great sales atmosphere and AMAZING SERVICES. I truly regret leaving

"An African American Male's Perspective"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Lombard, IL

I have been working at EZlocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When I first started at EZLocal I had minimal sales experience but a very positive attitude about my opportunity. I was given the opportunity to work with a variety of different people and to gain different perspectives. Over the course of my 3 years working here I have earned additional responsibilities regardless of my lack of experience prior to starting at EZLocal. WIth the assistance and guidance of management and advisors I have worked my way into becoming a Sales Manager and now I've given the chance to help others achieve their goals, as I have mine,

Cons

Rush Hour Traffic...LOL. I love working for EZLocal.

Advice to Management

I look forward to obtaining more goals as we continue to grow!

"Best Work Environment"

I have been working at EZlocal full-time

Pros

This was my first sales job I have ever worked at, and I was welcomed in the company with open arms. When I walked in on the first day, I felt very comfortable. Everyone was really nice and was ready to help and answer any questions you ask. They train you with some amazing people who help bring out the best in you. They help you individually and as a group to become the best you can be at your job. The work environment is far from dull and boring! The President Jim is a huge fan of Chicago sports fan and has the office decorated with style. He enjoys input from his employees on what ideas you may have to make the office a pleasant place to work as well. For example: we have a library, game room, and Jenga games around the office to play whenever to blow off steam. Jim is honestly one of the best bosses I have ever had. His office door is always open to come to him if needed. He is a very generous man and truly wants his employees to succeed. I would highly recommend this workplace to anyone. All ages, race, and gender work here and feel like family. One of the best companies to work for hands down!

Cons

There honestly isn't anything that I can think of. I speak proudly about my job to my friends and family. I wake up excited to come to work for the first time in my life. If you show up on time, work hard, and treat your fellow employees with respect, you will fit right in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

"Best Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Lombard, IL

I have been working at EZlocal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You start at ground level and you can work your way up the corporate latter. What I love most is EZlocal promotes from within. The training that is provided and there is always someone you can ask for help and get the answers you need. I have worked here for approximately 4 years, I started as a appointment setter and after learning and studying the products and my manager Tina she insisted that I become a closer and she pushed me and helped me in every way before work after work and she was my mentor I became assistant manager then when the time came I became the manager of my own department. i have nothing but good things to say from just being an appointment setter to where i am today, In such a short time I have achieved so much and I never went unrecognized. Great place to work!

Cons

There's really nothing to say about cons we even have the weekends off.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, WE ARE GROWING AT A STEADY PACE.

"The best company that offers stability."

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at EZlocal full-time

Pros

Managers are great they care about every one of their employees no matter what department you work in. Always there to help. Most of the employees on the sales force has been employed here over 1 year but as much as 14 years. Talk about stability! Love this place wouldn't work anywhere else. This is a fun place to work and you are treated as an adult not a child. I've never been yelled at or cursed at ever and I been working here for 6 years in sales.

Cons

You have to make calls to make sales (go figure) lol that's Sales for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great atmosphere and fun work work environment.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Administration in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Administration in Lombard, IL

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Some individuals abuse their power

Advice to Management

managers should not abuse authority nor brag about helping others with financial problems for legal issues. Yet they fail to disclose their own. Hmmmm . The loud ones have the most to hide

"Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Lombard, IL

Pros

Free soda, water, pinball room, hour lunches. Everyone there is awesome except the sales managers.

One pro is even if you do work for them you find out very soon that it is not the job for you so you don't waste a lot of time.

Cons

There is a reason why you always see their craigslist posts " Inside Sales - Hiring Now (Lombard) " They have a revolving door mentality at this place. People more often than not leave because the job is not what was advertised and the managers are not the nicest people (more on that later.)

The job entails calling businesses and trying to get them interested in buying. Making about 150 calls a day. Or appointment setting, setting appointments for outside sales reps. You will not have a headset, only closers have them. Even though Bluetooth headsets are not expensive. You can imagine how your hand and arm will feel after 8 hours and making 150 calls.

However they post the inside sales job under, it is telemarketing, cold calling businesses. They mention in the ad that the compensation is $100 per sale and up. That is completely false. The chances of you making at least $600 on your check is slim. Not even people who have been there years make enough sales to get that amount.

The training the managers provide is laughable. They let you know that (Name the holiday) is around the corner, "Don't you want to buy something good for your family?" Yelling at the employees for not producing. Not lying, one of the managers yells at her employees and gets extremely angry because they are not producing.

They all think that the employees are not motivated and at the many sales meetings they try to motivate people by letting them know about the moon landings, the gold mentalists at the Olympics, saying you can be great too if you want! I have sales training and when I started I was shocked at the lack of training they provide and the way they deal with people not producing. Even other people who have sales training and start there are shocked at the revolving door mentality and lack quality training.

When the sales managers are not yelling at their employees they are swearing and or talking bad about the customers while on the phone with them!

Bottom line is this! Why do you ALWAYS see their job postings looking for people! It is not because the people there are moving up! It is not because the people they hire suck! They go through people like water! They don't care either, they think the way they do things is ok. Maybe people would actually stick around longer if the management was useful, intelligent, professional, provided GOOD training and the company culture didn't reflect the revolving door mentality.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the management. I know at EZlocal you value sales over everything else. Sales > Ethics. Sales > Training. Sales > Professionalism Sales > Employees. I think someone with a sales background that is more professional would be a lot better. At some point they have to be accountable for poor sales, turnover rate and their unprofessional behavior.

"Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at EZlocal full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very thankful to be working at EZlocal. The team atmosphere and positive energy make it a win-win for anyone who wants to be rewarded for hard work. Management is inspiring, encourages individual growth, and ample opportunity to succeed.

Cons

I've worked with various companies but EZlocal has the best overall environment. There is a sense of community and entrepreneurial spirit.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.