Arby's - Arby's is a good place to work if you just need a job, but if you expect raises or promotions, don't work there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Arby's

"Arby's is a good place to work if you just need a job, but if you expect raises or promotions, don't work there"

Current Employee - Fast Food Worker in Woodstock, GA
Current Employee - Fast Food Worker in Woodstock, GA

Pros

The reason I have stayed with arby's so long is because it is a friendly enviroment and the managers are very understanding and flexible when it comes to schedules. I go to college full time and my availabilty changes every semester.

Cons

I've worked there 3 years. I recieved all my training within the 1st year and was certified for a team trainer. I have also recieved above a 3.0 on all of my evaluations. However, I have only recieved one single raise of 10 cents in my entire Arby's career and the management was not happy about having to give me that little bit of a raise. I recently brought this bit of information to my managers attention because minumum wage is rasing and that would place me at the same pay as a new hire.

Advice to Management

It is managements jobs to see that employees that have earned raises get them.

Other Employee Reviews for Arby's

1. "If you have patience Arby's may be right for you."

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Warren, OH
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Warren, OH

Pros

It is a fun environment to work in except for the occasional customer who is convinced they are better than you because you work in fast food.

Cons

Disrespectful customers, sometimes long hours

Advice to Management

Listen to your shift managers and crew members they are there not you.

2. "Great place to work...let us run our stores"

Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

The pay, earned $8,000 in raises in one year! Benefits, health, dental, vision, life insurance available to all salaried management. Retirement (401 K) offered to everyone including crew members. Supervisor has an always there for you demeanor. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day both paid holidays for Salaried Management.

Cons

Something is always changing, can become stressfull. It seems like at times the focus is taken away from operations and put into paprework. Must cross your T's and dot your I's and at times I feel like that has beome more important than taking care of my customers. It feels like upper management sits at a desk all day trying to find things to give us to do without taking into consideration that we have customers, employees and vendors to take care of and restaurants to run.

Advice to Management

Let us take care of our customers and run our stores and stop shoving paperwork down our throats. We are restaurant managers. It isn't fair that everytime somone gets promoted in upper management ie: VP that we in store get thrown a new set of rules, kind of feels like a dog marking its territory.

l