Boston Consulting Group - IT Product Manager | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"IT Product Manager"

Current Employee - IT Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - IT Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best work and life balance, amazing benefits, amazing people and most importantly a people first focused company. What else can you ask for?

I’ve been working at BCG since November 2016 and it’s been the best place I worked at so far. I’m married and I have two kids. They are my life and BCG gives me the flexibility to spend as much time as I can with them by allowing me to work anywhere. At BCG “work is not a place you go it’s a thing you do”. I truly believe that concept.

Cons

There are no cons I can think of. Any company you work for has things to improve. We are currently focused on our digital transformation. We are improving every day.

Advice to Management

Let’s keep our eye on the big picture. Build on our work ethic and ensure that work will remain a thing you do not a place you go.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Grateful to work at BCG"

Current Employee - Project Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Boston Consulting Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

++ Amazing co-workers - learn a lot from them and fun to be around
    ++ Access to professional growth opportunities - constantly stretching; unique opportunities to shape some of the world's largest organizations
    + Fast & (mostly) transparent promotion trajectory, relative to other careers
    + Benefits & perks - world-class health insurance, generous T&E policy in some US locations
    + Competitive salary - Comparable to other top-tier consulting firms
    + "PTO" program baked in to cases to help proactively address work-life balance & other case experience issues

Cons

- Work-life balance can be challenging, depending on the project
    - Upward feedback seems to carry little weight, meaning terrible managers occasionally get promoted
    - Staffing model is more regional relative to McKinsey, making it slightly harder to get staffed on projects outside of the US (but easier than e.g., Bain) - this may be more of a pro for some folks

Advice to Management

Make upward feedback a more critical input into manager promotion decisions to weed out the bad ones

In an increasingly more competitive selling environment, share best practices among partners to sell & scope cases with appropriate resourcing as to not overburden teams

Continue to find ways of integrating acquired groups (e.g., digital ventures) with BCG consulting core

2. "Career launching pad"

Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Boston Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The most fantastic coaching and development you'll find at any company.

Cons

A monomaniacal devotion to clients has its downsides. Long hours, constant travel, and a culture of insecure overachievement make it easy to burn out.

Advice to Management

Many thanks.

Discover more reviews about Boston Consulting Group.