Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2018
1,460 Interview Reviews

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

Tough but manageable cases. Very dependent on the mood of your interviewer. Even if you ace all the cases, if one interviewer doesn't LOVE you you will not get an offer (words direct from the HR Director). Seems arbitrary, but they have had a lot of success in the past so who are we to question their methods. Do LOTS of case prep and know your behavioral answers cold before you go in.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you swayed the opinions of others.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

First-round interviews were on-campus and consisted of two 45-minute interviews. Interviews consisted of the usual behavioral questions followed by a case. The second case was very math-intensive. Interviewers were somewhat friendly but not the kind of people I would want to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I passed round 1 (which consisted of two case interviews with Consultants). The interviews were on Monday and on Wednesday they called me and said that I got into the final round. However, this was scheduled already for Friday, so I did not have much time to prepare. The final round consisted of three interviews with Partners. I did not pass one of those three interviews (I was told that I needed too much guidance), so I did not get the offer... Overall, it was a pleasant experience. The only downside was the short amount of time that I had to prepare for the final round...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Two sets of case studies & five-minute personal interview. Time for questions at the end. Cases were straightforward, all required integration of algebraic calculations at some step. Both involved segmentation of markets.

Interview Questions

• Name an instance where you put forth material that was not fully prepared, and defend why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Three interviews over the course of three hours (all one on one). Typical business scenario analysis, coupled with the typical interview questions (why us, why consulting, etc.). To those with a finance background, or those who have memorized Case in Point, these interviews will not be difficult. For a Biology major such as myself, they were!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in November 2011.

Interview

pretty standard - 1st round of a phone screen, then two 45 minute case interview and behavioral questions.

nice work culture - interviewers seemd like they really wanted to get to know you, the consultants seemed friendly.

Interview Questions

• 2 45 minute long interviews - 1st 15 minutes were case interviews

1st case interview basic profit loss analysis case where you had to find the variable versus fixed cost and when the company uped their prices gave reasoning for price sensitve customers to switch to low cost generic brand.   Answer Question
    • 2nd case - needed to find profitability within two different manufacturing plants. needed to find a way to utilize waste product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted for an on campus interview with BCG through my school's standard career services system.
    The first round interview was on campus and was comprised of 2 case interviews. Each case was done in a separate room with a Consultant (post-MBA) from the firm. Most of my interviewers had been at the firm for about a year. I was contacted about a final round interview within 48 hours of my first interview. At this point they would discuss what potential offices you might want to work in, and eventually decide which office you'd prefer to interview for.

The final round was in the specific office I wanted to work in, in this case New York. The final round is comprised of 3 case interviews with Principals or Partners. I received my offer the same evening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Two case interviews back to back. I bombed the first but not the second. Since the first guy was calling the shots they decided not to pursue. Cases were standard profitability problems with a few curve balls, nothing unheard of. My advice: prepare as many cases as possible with people who've done these, not with friends who will help you crack the case as they mock interview you.

Interview Questions

• Calculations of odd percentages within profitability case   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice. However I'm still waiting for response. I heard people usually get called the same evening or next day, but it's been 4 days and I haven't heard anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

First interviewed on campus. Two one on one interviews with Consultants and Case Team Leaders. Started with a couple fit questions and then a case. These cases were pretty quant heavy. There were many exhibitions that required the candidate to to analyze graphs and PnL statements.

Was called back for decision round interviews that evening, which took place the next day in the Boston Office. Those interviews consisted of 3 one on one interviews with mostly parters. Two were case interviews and one was fit.

Interview Questions

• How do you choose members of your team? What attributes do you look for?   Answer Question