Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2018
1,444 Interview Reviews

3.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I had a brief 20 minute phone interview. Then was asked back for an hour and half interview where I interviewed with three people. They explained the job and talked up the business. Pretty formal. They asked many questions about client services and how you interact with people.

Interview Questions

• They asked to provide an example where I problem solved on the go   1 Answer

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

1st Round: HR phone screen
    2nd Round: Take home case study to test data analysis and presentation skills
    3rd Round: Phone interview with the hiring manager, including a live case study.

Overall, the interview process was stretched too long (~2 months) and was ended abruptly. I was told case study is the hardest hurdle, which didn't seem very hard to me and shouldn't to you as well, if you have decent data analytics skills. The feedback from the hiring manager for not moving forward didn't seem genuine and was just a subjective opinion. If they care about their employees and the potential ones, they should really start valuing a candidate's time and have a more objective process of evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Simple straightword HR questions.

Case study was quite time consuming.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was called within a week or two of applying. I interviewed with three team members and received a full tour of the office. The process took about 4-6 weeks, but the team definitely kept me updated as the process continued on so I was never left out in the dark.

GST Role Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Broken HR Process. Internal recruiters do not provide timely feedback and if they aren’t going to make an offer, they disappear. Extremely unprofessional especially when candidates go through many rounds of interviews. Advice: this is a great company but unless the HR process is fixed, your brand as an employer of choice will erode!

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied and within two weeks a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone call. I promptly responded then didn’t hear from her for another 3 days so I reached out again and she got back to me saying she was sorry and very busy. We had the phone call a couple days later, which I thought it went very well, it was all very positive and she told me she’s just starting the process so it might be a week or two before I hear from her again. I sent a thank you and then reached out to her after 2 1/2 weeks and I still haven’t heard from her and it’s now been over a month. At this point I assume they went forward with other applicants but it would be nice to be told they’re not interested instead of leaving me hanging. Unfortunate because I was very excited about this position and was really looking forward to hearing more about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in HR   4 Answers
    • How did you handle a difficult situation   2 Answers

Expense Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through a college career board. I was immediatly (that evening) contacted by a recruiter who urged me to schedule a phone interview with him the next day. We had a positive phone interview where we discussed what opportunities I was fielding, the company, the role and next steps. We spoke about the compensation and I asked if there was room for negotiation to which he responded very defensively and negatively.

The recruiter was very eager and asked multiple times if I needed to have the process expedited because they wanted me to come in for an in person interview. On the phone he mentioned that he wanted to schedule an in person interview for the next week (the call was on a Friday). I follow up the following Monday with my availability for the week and never heard back.

The recruiter never responded after multiple attempts at contacted him. The entire interview, he spoke about urgency and how I was a good candidate and how he wanted to get me in as soon as possible for a face-to-face, then he just ghosted me. Extremely unprofessional, extremely inefficient. For someone whos sole purpose at the company is to attract talented people, this recruiter made me not want to work at the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting. Got an email from a recruiter from Atlanta within 2 hours asking for a phone interview.

Set up the interview for the next day. Overall just general questions about my background, recruiter in Atlanta stated that could be over qualified. Regardless he said a few times it went well and he would put my application through. He told me to expect a formal application later that day.

I proceeded to never hear from him again, I emailed him to follow up and never got a response. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and this is not indicative of the culture at BCG.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2018.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter that got me an interview with the manager. A second interview then took place with members of BCG which ultimately turned into an offer. The process took about 3-4 weeks in total.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Houston, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

I did phone interview and first round of set of 2 interviews with case studies each.

All they are looking for is MBA frameworks which I have never studied. I am very good at problems solving but cannot speak in MBA terms.

I was upset for the waste of time since all they are looking for is "frameworks" and I am not an MBA.

Why even bother?

Interview Questions

• Case study questions and traditional fit questions.

The second interviewer did not even bother with traditional fit questions. He just wanted to know more about my field (UX) and UX teams worked.

I think the best thing was HR took time to let me know interviewers' feedback on me, but it was only on my performance for case studies (even though I specifically asked about other aspects). So even though they say everywhere it is not the only important thing, I think it definitely is the most important thing.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview follow by a series of in person interviews. It was followed by a call from my recruiter who gave me the job offer.