Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2018
1,357 Interview Reviews

3.7

Consultant Interview

Interview

2 cases with behavioral questions at the beginning, then 2nd round is 2 more. With the cases, they really push you on brainstorming. The 2nd round is less formal and more unstructured than the 1st round.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk? What did you learn from it? What would you do differently in the future?   1 Answer

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, both in person and over the phone. Be prepared for several behavioral interview questions. I was asked to describe my work background in depth going back several years.

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

- I was there for the first round interview - two 45 minute behavior and case combined interview. Both were cases from the same industry. The math wasn't hard, but you had to understand the case perfectly, or else you would go do all sorts of crazy calculations in the wrong direction. I messed up the math for one of my cases. Behavior was what you expect. They ask you about your resume and experiences overcoming hardship. Both interviewers were highly professional, personable, and great to meet.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Participated in off-cycle recruiting and went through two rounds of interviews, both on-site. Second / decision round interviews consisted of a written case and a standard case format with a principal and partner. One of the two interviews definitely wasn't perfect, but it's important to lay out your reasoning and make sure to support with quantitative data to the extent possible. Extremely positive interaction with everyone I've met during the process.

Interview Questions

• Why make the transition to consulting? Time you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Summer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 rounds, 1st with consultants/project leaders, 2nd with principals/partners
    1st round typically on school campus, 2nd round at office.
    Interviews are back to back starting with a short behavioral section then the case

Consultant Interview

Interview

Two rounds, both consist of two interviews back to back each. both rounds were quite similar with behavioral questions followed by a case discussion. the second round is usually at the office you applied to

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict within a team. how did you solve it?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

15 min fit interviews and 30 min case interviews, plus a 5 min session for questions. Fit includes reasons for joining BCG, choosing consulting and things from resume, cases include business cases through their real experience

Interview Questions

• 3 words to describe the most important characters a new consultant should have   3 Answers

Expense Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

This company is an entire farce. They "said" my resume was incorrect and that there were spelling errors but I used the same resume from past applications AND the candidate profile created through the career portal. They are a sham and instead of admitting that their application software is faulty and does not export information correctly, they blamed it on my spelling and grammar. I have never in my entire life of existence experiences such unprofessional behavior. Mind you, I applied for another position back in December with the same information, how is it that now it is incorrect? Then the recruiter had the gall to imply my attention to detail was insufficient--NO. Your firm's technical ability is severely lacking and I hope you don't consult on such matters if HR can't grasp a on boarding system.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Boston, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

I guess this is a mismatch of expectations. The interview had nothing to do with solution architecture, but more about low level features of languages such as JavaScript, Java etc. To be honest, I think the role they are looking for is senior programmer/developer.
    There were no questions on the scope, big picture, customer experience etc, but more about how do you code using a particular technology. My understanding is that architecture is about the solution,and although you do need to know about different technologies, the focus is not on the technology, but how effectively do you solve the problem. I think they are horribly confused about the type of role they are hiring for. The technical group at BCG has been disappointing to me.

Interview Questions

• write code to hit a httpp page, coding questions from entry level developers handbook.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Very timely in their responses. Everyone was professional and seemed genuinely curious about my experience. Overall, I was impressed with the firm. The interviews were focused on cases that were chart heavy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with turmoil in your last job?   Answer Question