Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2018
1,430 Interview Reviews

3.7

GST Role Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Broken HR Process. Internal recruiters do not provide timely feedback and if they aren’t going to make an offer, they disappear. Extremely unprofessional especially when candidates go through many rounds of interviews. Advice: this is a great company but unless the HR process is fixed, your brand as an employer of choice will erode!

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I was called within a week or two of applying. I interviewed with three team members and received a full tour of the office. The process took about 4-6 weeks, but the team definitely kept me updated as the process continued on so I was never left out in the dark.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied and within two weeks a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone call. I promptly responded then didn’t hear from her for another 3 days so I reached out again and she got back to me saying she was sorry and very busy. We had the phone call a couple days later, which I thought it went very well, it was all very positive and she told me she’s just starting the process so it might be a week or two before I hear from her again. I sent a thank you and then reached out to her after 2 1/2 weeks and I still haven’t heard from her and it’s now been over a month. At this point I assume they went forward with other applicants but it would be nice to be told they’re not interested instead of leaving me hanging. Unfortunate because I was very excited about this position and was really looking forward to hearing more about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in HR   4 Answers
    • How did you handle a difficult situation   2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

Submitted my resume through university recruiting. Got an email from a recruiter from Atlanta within 2 hours asking for a phone interview.

Set up the interview for the next day. Overall just general questions about my background, recruiter in Atlanta stated that could be over qualified. Regardless he said a few times it went well and he would put my application through. He told me to expect a formal application later that day.

I proceeded to never hear from him again, I emailed him to follow up and never got a response. Hopefully this is an isolated incident and this is not indicative of the culture at BCG.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2018.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter that got me an interview with the manager. A second interview then took place with members of BCG which ultimately turned into an offer. The process took about 3-4 weeks in total.

Expense Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through a college career board. I was immediatly (that evening) contacted by a recruiter who urged me to schedule a phone interview with him the next day. We had a positive phone interview where we discussed what opportunities I was fielding, the company, the role and next steps. We spoke about the compensation and I asked if there was room for negotiation to which he responded very defensively and negatively.

The recruiter was very eager and asked multiple times if I needed to have the process expedited because they wanted me to come in for an in person interview. On the phone he mentioned that he wanted to schedule an in person interview for the next week (the call was on a Friday). I follow up the following Monday with my availability for the week and never heard back.

The recruiter never responded after multiple attempts at contacted him. The entire interview, he spoke about urgency and how I was a good candidate and how he wanted to get me in as soon as possible for a face-to-face, then he just ghosted me. Extremely unprofessional, extremely inefficient. For someone whos sole purpose at the company is to attract talented people, this recruiter made me not want to work at the company.

Associate Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview follow by a series of in person interviews. It was followed by a call from my recruiter who gave me the job offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied in February 2018 and completed two rounds of interviews in April 2018. The recruiting team and interviewers were all professional, friendly, and helpful. While tough, interviewing with BCG felt like a smooth process thanks to their clear communication and welcoming attitude.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2018.

Interview

Was referred by employee at BCG. Applied online, had phone screen, then heard about interview one week later. Had three weeks to prepare for first round, two interviews each 45 mins long. Then another week before 2nd rounds, also 2 interviews 45 mins each.

Interview Questions

• What are your three main weaknesses and how are you actively working on them   Answer Question

Enterprise Systems Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

The phone interview was a pleasant and wide-ranging discussion of my background, interests, and knowledge, given by a senior recruiter who knows what she is doing. I am in that waiting period to see what happens next, but in any case I wish that all interviews were like this

Interview Questions

• She stepped me through my resume asking about my jobs, starting with the most recent. What I did in detail, how many staff reported to me, what we accomplished, and what I'd like to do next.   Answer Question