Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 26, 2018
1,412 Interview Reviews

3.7

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied and within two weeks a recruiter contacted me to set up a phone call. I promptly responded then didn’t hear from her for another 3 days so I reached out again and she got back to me saying she was sorry and very busy. We had the phone call a couple days later, which I thought it went very well, it was all very positive and she told me she’s just starting the process so it might be a week or two before I hear from her again. I sent a thank you and then reached out to her after 2 1/2 weeks and I still haven’t heard from her and it’s now been over a month. At this point I assume they went forward with other applicants but it would be nice to be told they’re not interested instead of leaving me hanging. Unfortunate because I was very excited about this position and was really looking forward to hearing more about the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in HR   4 Answers
    • How did you handle a difficult situation   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Interview

It started with a phone interview follow by a series of in person interviews. It was followed by a call from my recruiter who gave me the job offer.

Expense Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied through a college career board. I was immediatly (that evening) contacted by a recruiter who urged me to schedule a phone interview with him the next day. We had a positive phone interview where we discussed what opportunities I was fielding, the company, the role and next steps. We spoke about the compensation and I asked if there was room for negotiation to which he responded very defensively and negatively.

The recruiter was very eager and asked multiple times if I needed to have the process expedited because they wanted me to come in for an in person interview. On the phone he mentioned that he wanted to schedule an in person interview for the next week (the call was on a Friday). I follow up the following Monday with my availability for the week and never heard back.

The recruiter never responded after multiple attempts at contacted him. The entire interview, he spoke about urgency and how I was a good candidate and how he wanted to get me in as soon as possible for a face-to-face, then he just ghosted me. Extremely unprofessional, extremely inefficient. For someone whos sole purpose at the company is to attract talented people, this recruiter made me not want to work at the company.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2018.

Interview

Was referred by employee at BCG. Applied online, had phone screen, then heard about interview one week later. Had three weeks to prepare for first round, two interviews each 45 mins long. Then another week before 2nd rounds, also 2 interviews 45 mins each.

Interview Questions

• What are your three main weaknesses and how are you actively working on them   Answer Question

Enterprise Systems Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Seattle, WA) in April 2018.

Interview

The phone interview was a pleasant and wide-ranging discussion of my background, interests, and knowledge, given by a senior recruiter who knows what she is doing. I am in that waiting period to see what happens next, but in any case I wish that all interviews were like this

Interview Questions

• She stepped me through my resume asking about my jobs, starting with the most recent. What I did in detail, how many staff reported to me, what we accomplished, and what I'd like to do next.   Answer Question

Interviewee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

2 rounds, each round with 2 interviews, each interview case + behavioral. case interviews vary by topic but are very straight forward. behavioral section is just a few questions. interviewees can ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• the case questions were pretty challenging - be prepared to do numbers and think strategically   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

It took about a month for the whole process. A recruiter emailed me a week after submitting the application to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview a few days after that and she set me up with HR Assistant to schedule the next 2 video interviews. Those were scheduled at the end of the same week. I heard back the next week from the recruiter that I'll be moving on to the onsite interview. I was scheduled that same week for the onsite interview. All of the interviewers were very nice and they all made me feel comfortable. The video interviews didn't last long and they had a few set questions to ask. The experience was really good and everyone was easy to talk with.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Applied to summer program and was not given a position at that, but was offered a first-round interview in-person. There were many seminars that prepared you for your interview and case study. The in-person first round at your local office.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and asked me to describe experiences on my resume. First-round interview is short: 45 min with one person at the firm; 15 fit, 25 min case, 5 min for questions.   Answer Question

Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted my application online and about a week later asked to set up a video interview with a recruiter.

Recruiter interview lasted about 30 minutes and went over typical interview questions - why this job, what have you heard about BCG, why are you looking for a change, what are your motivations, and how do I work with clients. At the end of the interview I was then asked to do a video interview with the manager of the position who was in Europe, so via video interview.

The manager video interview lasted about 50 minutes and consisted of reviewing my background, my motivations and behavioral interview questions (i.e. Tell me about a difficult client experience and how you handled it) and a case study question.

I received an email 3 business days later on doing another video interview with a project leader dealing with the product I'd be implementing. Similar questions to the manager interview on how I would react to difficult clients, specific problems and another case study question. The interviewer gave constructive feedback with my responses, and the next day I was emailed letting me know I would not be moving on. While I was disappointed not to continue on, I was very satisfied at how promptly I received responses to emails and how professional everyone was during the entire process. I would absolutely apply and go through the process again.

Interview Questions

• Case study questions unrelated to business or software. Think "How many ping pong balls are on an airplane" type questions.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for a data scientist role at the Gamma Group. There were many individual interviews with recruiters, data scientists, a presentation, case studies, etc that spanned about 3 months.

On the whole, I could certainly understand why they would want to be thorough in their screening, but it's a lot of work on the interviewer and they made little to no accommodations for my schedule. In almost every interview, they would ask for my availability and then email me back later saying they needed to me interview at some other time that was difficult for me.

The data science project was straightforward but time consuming. They asked a lot of reasonable questions and wanted to see if you could present the topic to someone who was not necessarily technical.

For the most part, the interviews were straightforward and everyone was nice. The last person I talked to made a lot of strange faces during the video call and seemed to be in a bad mood and had some odd things to say about my personal life, which I thought was rude. This was the case study, but the format was very different from what was presented for practice online and he seemed to have no interest in going through the motions of it.

Overall, the process is long and most of the work makes sense, but they have little regard for their applicants. One unfortunate interview situation can invalidate the previous six over three months, and that's a lot of your time gone.

Interview Questions

• A straightforward but time consuming modeling project with presentation.   Answer Question