Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boston Consulting Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017
1,285 Interview Reviews

3.7

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process was 1 phone, 2 video, and 1 in person. Everyone was very welcoming and easy to talk to, which made it easy to develop a rapport with the interviewers and each interview felt more like a conversation than a Q and A. It took less than two weeks from the time I applied to the time of offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

Two rounds of two cases. The first round was with a consultant and an associate and the second round was with two partners. Overall it was a good process and what I expected. BCG likes to show candidates graphs and see how candidates respond.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Very efficient. The whole process took 2 weeks. 2 back to back behavioral + case interviews with a consultant and a principal Everyone was very nice. Lots of non-evaluative mock interviews provided.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

BCG doesn't recruit at my school, so I had a current employee push my resume through. I got a phone call from HR to set up an interview. I then did a case interview in person. There were two cases, with two different interviewers back to back. Each case was about 30 mins with 15 mins of behavioral questions. The interview itself isn't difficult, but preparing for cases was very time-consuming. Both my interviewers, although friendly, made it seem as if I was wasting their time. This could be because I was applying to work at a different location than where I interviewed, or they looked at my school and noticed it wasn't as prestigious and other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you're here today.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

On campus recruitment from a top ‘feeder’ university. Hardest part is getting an interview with over 250+ applicants in school and only 20 interviews given, networking is of the essence. Two rounds of interviews. One on campus with project leaders, final rounds in office of offer with one principal and one partner. Both of first round consisted of case and fit. Second round consisted of a written case/fit interview and then a very relaxed brainstorming case and longer fit interview. Wonderful recruitment process!

Interview Questions

• Cass interview - profit increase and a M&A case.
      Fit - very experience based. Trying to get to know you as a person   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

1 phone screen with Corporate Recruiter, 2 video interviews with current employees who worked as an Admin Assistant at one point in time, 1 on site visit with the manager of the team

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a mistake, how did you fix it   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview

First round interview is two back-to-back 45-minute interviews. Behavioral and case with a focus on case. I got two pharma cases that were more quantitative and chart-heavy. One case was more difficult than the other. The interviewers were very friendly and patient, though- not intimidating at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked in a team and encountered a conflict.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Two interviewers, each with personal experience and a case. The whole process was very poorly organized. One of them is a Harvard MBA and project leader, who arrived 10 min late herself and urged me to wrap up the case after only 15 min. The second one is a PhD and consultant which I found easier to talk to and the case went well. Overall experience is less fluent than Mck.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you took a risk;
      Case1: A grocery cost reduction; Case2: Evaluate the threat of a new drug to the client   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Between my application and my final interview the process lasted from June-September. I had 1 initial phone interview, 2 video interviews, then 1 final in person interview. Everyone was very pleasant and the interviews were relaxed and conversational. I did ask for feedback as to why I was not given an offer and did not receive a response so I was a little down about that because I was told I could email them at any point about my interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group (Denver, CO).

Interview

Met with an interviewer on campus to learn more about the company and was asked to apply through their online platform. Invited for an interview in their Denver office and met with two consultants at the firm to go over cases.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you failed and what did you do to fix it?   Answer Question