Brunel - Brunel - een internationaal georiënteerd bedrijf met een goede begeleiding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Brunel

"Brunel - een internationaal georiënteerd bedrijf met een goede begeleiding." "Brunel - an international oriented company with good accompaniment"

Current Employee - Accountmanager in Utrecht (Netherlands)
Current Employee - Accountmanager in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I have been working at Brunel full-time (Less than a year)

(Translated from English)

Pros

- professionele begeleiding;

- mensen met kennis van zaken

- groot bedrijf: breed netwerk van goede professionele ingangen

- naast het werk veel activiteiten die bijdragen aan de teambuilding.

-professionals accompaniment;
-people with knowledge of the business
-large company: broad network with good professional entrances
- a lot of team building activities next to your work.

Cons

- groot bedrijf: de grootte kan afschrikwekkend zijn voor sommigen

-large company: the size meight be deterrent for some

Advice to Management

Niets.

None

Other Employee Reviews for Brunel

1. "Senior project manager"

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Brunel as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Constant contact with Brunel's agent and pretty transparent communication.

Cons

Not enough of a market presence to ensure continued contract work in the market I was in. The work was good while it lasted but it was brief.

2. "Confusing Relationships"

Former Contractor - Category Analyst in Seabrook, TX
    Former Contractor - Category Analyst in Seabrook, TX

I worked at Brunel as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was paid on time.

Cons

The convoluted and disjointed way that the agreement between Brunel and the client I was contracted to was executed created a sense of dis-harmony and lack of morale. Reporting to a non-Brunel "line-manager" created a confusing situation wrt human resources. Although my very capable and intelligent client "line manager" did a lot to ensure I was content, and praised the many contributions I made, I didn't work for the client, directly, which, in turn, fostered a sense of resentment because I had made it clear that I was very much interested in working, directly, for the client. On an almost daily basis I received inappropriate, client employee HR, benefit(s), and other "non-contractor" email correspondednce, which only served as a reminder of being on the outside, looking in.
    Throughout the duration of my contract period with Brunel and Brunel's client, I was never recognized for my contributions, nor was I rewarded for good work by Brunel.
    Brunel offer me no development opportunities. Amongst my peers, I'm considered a very capable analyst, and staying on top of technology and business trends has enabled me to leverage those capabilities in service enabling companies I've worked for remain competitive. Brunel offered nothing wrt to continuing education channels.
    In the beginning of my contract with Brunel's client, I was challenged, somewhat, due to the fact that there were, practically, no processes in place to monitor the client's EPC contractor materials management performance, which, in itself was borne of a contract that exposed the client to a great deal of commercial risk to the rules of credit contract they engaged in. After it became clear that no amount of contribution was going to improve the materials management, procurement, or logistics issues inherent within the EPC contract, there were were no more challenges, per se, other than constantly having to justify the enormous amount of time it took for my pc to process the ill conceived, mal-formed and bad data that I was tasked with normalising. Due to the dynamic I mentioned, earlier, re: "client line manager", Brunel was completely unaware of these struggles which only added to my dissatisfaction and lack of morale.
    In conclusion, it's my contention that if capable people are going to stay, companies need to think carefully about how to treat them. While good employees are as tough as nails, their talent gives them an abundance of options. Brunel and I gave each other a chance, but in the end, they didn't make me want to work for them, nor did they represent me in a way that was engaging or constructive wrt the workplace environment.

Advice to Management

Rather than throwing a blanket "site visit" email over the fence, schedule regular, frequent, more intimate meetings between client reps, contractors, and Brunel reps. Brunel's "hands-off" approach lacks constructiveness.