KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Complete lack of caring for the well-being of their emplyees

Aug 29, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I formed amazing relationships with the dogs, learned a great deal about dog behavior and body language, formed good relationships with coworkers initially. My dog loves getting to play in the rooms.

Cons

There is a complete disregard for the well being of the employees and dogs here. There have been a number of dogs that have attacked other dogs, and sent them to the vet, but not been dismissed. The evaluation process is a joke here. There have been several times where I, or other employees, have told the front desk and managers that a dog was too aggressive to be passed, and then been ignored, including a dog that bit 2 different people before it even got into the playroom. There are fights daily, and we are always blamed for them even when we've told them that a specific dog has behavior problems. At one point I was bit and had to go to the ER, only to find out when I returned that the dog that bit me had not only already bit another coworker, but had a known history of aggression. As if that wasn't bad enough, at one point my personal dog was attacked and I was not able to leave to take him to the vet, and they tried to convince me he was fine. I had to have my brother drive 40 minutes to come pick my dog up, only to find out that he had a deep puncture in his leg that needed staples. Even the cleaning practices are causing problems. The primary cleaning chemical we use (a bleach solution) says not safe for use around children or domestic animals on the label, and even if properly diluted, everything I've read online says that it should not be used with animals in the room and outside of a well circulated area. Due to the filthy fans, high humidity, and poor circulation in the rooms, I had an ongoing bought of bronchitis for two months that resulted in my needing of an inhaler (I have never had asthma). I brought in a doctors note saying that it was caused by prolonged exposure to bleach, and even still they refused to change the chemicals. One manager genuinely said it was because this was the cheapest option. Aside from all of the health risks here, I have never once felt valued by front desk and management. I have never received a raise, and any time I have mentioned a concern it has been completely disregarded.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Dogtopia is the Place for Me

Aug 28, 2022 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Days full of dogs and pet parents who are friendly

Cons

Long hours, employees who use us as a stepping stone

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Easy if you actually understand that dogs require patience

Sep 22, 2022 - Canine Coach in Falls Church, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

dogs dude learn more about breeds and how they behave required sanitation, the more you clean the less you complain about the mess

Cons

pay greed to put more dogs in rooms

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Dogtopia.

Dogtopia Careers

Cover image for Dogtopia

The world is embarking on an exciting chapter in pet ownership as more people have the opportunity to experience the joy of owning a dog....More

• Dogtopia Culture
  • Become a Dogtopian
  • Dogtopia Foundation
  • Own a Franchise

Dogtopia Photos

+ Add Photo
Dogtopia photo of: Dogtopia dogs are separated into playrooms based on both size and temperament.
Dogtopia photo of: Dogtopia’s professionally trained team goes the extra mile to calm both dogs and their parents.
Dogtopia photo of: Dog safety and wellbeing is our first and foremost priority.
Dogtopia photo of: A caring team that will treat pups like their own.
Dogtopia photo of: Pups are always at the perfect temperature during play time, and nap time and help keep the air fresh and clean.
Dogtopia photo of: Our Canine Coach training is a custom curriculum designed by a registered canine behaviorist.
Dogtopia photo of: We offer free tours so you can determine if Dogtopia is the right fit for you and your pup.

Dogtopia Job Seekers Also Viewed