Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Complete lack of caring for the well-being of their emplyees

Aug 29, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

I formed amazing relationships with the dogs, learned a great deal about dog behavior and body language, formed good relationships with coworkers initially. My dog loves getting to play in the rooms.

Cons

There is a complete disregard for the well being of the employees and dogs here. There have been a number of dogs that have attacked other dogs, and sent them to the vet, but not been dismissed. The evaluation process is a joke here. There have been several times where I, or other employees, have told the front desk and managers that a dog was too aggressive to be passed, and then been ignored, including a dog that bit 2 different people before it even got into the playroom. There are fights daily, and we are always blamed for them even when we've told them that a specific dog has behavior problems. At one point I was bit and had to go to the ER, only to find out when I returned that the dog that bit me had not only already bit another coworker, but had a known history of aggression. As if that wasn't bad enough, at one point my personal dog was attacked and I was not able to leave to take him to the vet, and they tried to convince me he was fine. I had to have my brother drive 40 minutes to come pick my dog up, only to find out that he had a deep puncture in his leg that needed staples. Even the cleaning practices are causing problems. The primary cleaning chemical we use (a bleach solution) says not safe for use around children or domestic animals on the label, and even if properly diluted, everything I've read online says that it should not be used with animals in the room and outside of a well circulated area. Due to the filthy fans, high humidity, and poor circulation in the rooms, I had an ongoing bought of bronchitis for two months that resulted in my needing of an inhaler (I have never had asthma). I brought in a doctors note saying that it was caused by prolonged exposure to bleach, and even still they refused to change the chemicals. One manager genuinely said it was because this was the cheapest option. Aside from all of the health risks here, I have never once felt valued by front desk and management. I have never received a raise, and any time I have mentioned a concern it has been completely disregarded.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place

Sep 16, 2021 - Project Manager in Rochester Hills, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the Dogs there. Great Place.

Cons

Smells like Dogs and no 401k

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cooperate BS and Unqualified Employees

Sep 22, 2021 - Canine Coach, Rover
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work with dogs and learn about behavior. Flexible schedule It's fine if you're a kid looking for a part time job without any desire to advance.

Cons

They tend to open new locations with brand new people... not a good mix. It lend to some very dangerous situations, as well as one fatal one. Cooperate and HR only care about covering themselves and the salaried employees. They have little compassion for traumatic experiences. The idea of testing each dog before they are allowed in is excellent, but it is carried out poorly and they allow dogs in who should not be. The playroom can be extremely stressful because of this. There is not enough training done before working in a room by yourself with the dogs. Again, leads to dangerous situations.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Dogtopia.