Dogtopia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dogtopia Interview Questions

Interviews at Dogtopia

1.9

Canine Coach Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dogtopia in June 2020.

Interview

Everything went great! It wasn’t a traditional sit down interview. All she did was show me around a little bit and told me about the position I applied for. Everything was really promising until she told me I would get paid minimum wage. ($7.25 in Texas). I applied here not only because it’s a good company but I thought I was going to get paid more because I did my research and it said $10-$11 an hour for canine coach. You can move up positions to a rover and front desk but you have to work as the canine coach first. And who knows how long you have to work that position. This is a job for high school students for their first job who want pocket change. This isn’t a job for a college student like myself that has several bills to pay.

Canine Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dogtopia.

Interview

Very chill interview! Staff was so nice and helpful, and they asked fun questions while also getting to know you better! They asked traditional interview questions as well, and also maintained a really professional attitude even when I fumbled my words. Great place to work at.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2020.

Interview

Quick, and easy. The general manager was great and answered all of my questions. She made me feel comfortable and excited to work there. They called me soon after to tell me that I got the position. As long as you have experience there should not be much to worry about.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Dogs before?   1 Answer

Canine Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dogtopia.

Interview

Asked a ton of questions, very thorough. Started with a 30 minute phone interview, then completed a short personality test thing and then had an in person interview. Communicated mostly through email and responded pretty quickly.

Interview Questions

• Past leadership, how you manage time, experience with dogs   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Highlands Ranch, CO) in August 2019.

Interview

They emailed me and then scheduled an interview. You get there and fill out your availability and another form on what you know about dogs then she asks why you want to work there etc.

Playroom Attendant Interview

Interview

It was a group interview for the first round and after that screening, i was called in for a 0ne on one interview where i was offered the position. Interview was light and asked general questions.

Interview Questions

• How does some of your past experience relate to this position.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2019.

Interview

Interviewed 4 times and never even got to discuss salary till offer came. Then the company low balls you at very end on salary. Big waste for both parties time, energy and resources. I was actually super excited after interviewing with CEO Neil Guil but apparently his expectations and applicant offers do not match reality. I even provided analytical data to support salary requirements. If you expect the best, pay the best and make sure there is is clear communication on expectations during the interview process. The company did not have a clear overview of which position to place me due to my skill set fitting so many positions yet cant offer reasonable pay.

Interview Questions

• How do you think Restaurant business will compare to Dogtopia business.   Answer Question

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Interview

I applied for a front desk job at dogtopia, only to be told that everyone starts out as a groomer and you have to work up to being at the front desk. Why bother posting the job as a front desk receptionist if you're just going to hire them as a groomer? I noticed that the job had been posted 4 months ago, so I guess now I know why it's been empty this whole time.

Dog Groomer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dogtopia.

Interview

Not too bad. Was about to get the job, though they needed someone to work weekends. Expect to interview in groups and have at least some experience with dogs and dogcare.

Shift Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Alexandria, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was a behavior interview. There were a lot of what if questions. It was just the manager and me. Nothing too hard. They got back to me pretty quickly both to set up the interview and to tell me I didn't get the job

Interview Questions

• What would I do if two dogs were fighting? How would I handle a puppy parent who was mad about their dog being in the crate?   1 Answer