Dogtopia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

1.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dogtopia

Daycare Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dogtopia.

Interview

Very short. The person I was supposed to interview with wasn't there. They asked simple questions and told me to come back the next day in clothes that would be ok around dogs.

Room Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dogtopia in September 2016.

Interview

Sent in application, got call a week later and interview a few days after that. Came in and talked to manager about the job, got offer same day and started training the next week.

Room Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dogtopia in December 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took a couple weeks they called me in did the interview asked me basic questions like why dogtopia asked me if I'm good working as a team , took less then 10 minutes was in and out . Easy questions to answer .

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with dogs ? How do you handle a dog fight ? Would you live in an island yourself   1 Answer

Playroom Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dogtopia in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty quick watch a few youtube videos to BS your way through and they will hire you never worked with dogs before and all I did was watch a few dogs 101 videos to get an offer

Interview Questions

• How would you see if a dog was being aggresive   1 Answer

Room Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dogtopia.

Interview

I filed out an application online and heard back the very next day. I was first called in for a *very* informal interview with a shift manager. He asked me questions about virtually every single thing I wrote on my resume, mostly to tell him more about my former jobs, why I left, as well as many questions about dogs and my history caring for them. After the interview, he said I sounded like a good fit and set up a second interview with the manager. At first it seemed to be going well, we even talked about what days and times I would be able to work and when I would start. Then I asked him to go off the pay with me. He talked about the salary, and then I asked him when I would find out about the job. At that point, he mentioned he was interviewing a couple of other people, and he said, "we'll see" in regards to hiring me.

I never heard back.

I have lots of experience with dogs and experience working in retail, plus a college degree. He knew the salary was a concern of mine, and that may have been why he decided not to hire me. My advice: if you want a job here, don't let them on in any way that you have problems with the salary. I merely asked for clarification, and while I can't be sure that was the reason I wasn't hired, it seems likely.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would handle different situations, such as if there are two or more dogs fighting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bloomfield Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Bloomfield Township, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

They need people so you are a shoe in. The manager mentioned the high turn over rate. Typical "why do you want to work here" questions, then some weird random ones at the end. You have to come back and spend an hour in a room, but you do not get the full picture until you are alone with 30 dogs.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Herndon, VA).

Interview

fairly easy, Met the general manager then a shift leader in a second interview. Both asked the same type of questions 'Have you worked with dogs before?', "Do you own a dog?", both took down notes, a few days later they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with dogs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Waco, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very laid back group interview. There were around 12 people in one small break room while the manager talked about the job. Didn't seem like there would have been any training involved. I assume once you get hired you just start working with the animals. The fact that you can't say "no" or "down" to the dogs who jump was strange. There also didn't seem to be any policy for fighting dogs, other than to just separate the fight and then just walk away. Kind of a strange work policy. There was really no communication with the hiring manager at all. Talked about the job, took a couple of us in groups on a tour of the place and done.

Interview Questions

• Days available to work and day to start -- that's literally all the guy asked, and all I had to do was right it down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clarksville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Clarksville, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Super easy process - Clarksville, MD location doesn't even call references or care about a resume. Basically as long as you have reliable transportation and aren't allergic to dogs you'll probably get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the most number of dogs you've ever been in a room with?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Dogtopia?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay started out at $8.50 for 30 days and then increased to $9.00. However, once or twice a year they have reviews where they may offer a raise, depending on your work ethic, but not by much, mostly .25 to .50 cent increase.

Playroom Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dogtopia (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was pretty easy breezy, just talk about my experiences with dogs. The interview feels very casual, but the manager interrupts a lot to talk about her, so it was a bit confusing.
    I didn't get a feeling of what they looking for, must be the reason for no offer.
    I told her that I trained on Cesar Millan's method. She was excited to hear that and started telling me about Cesar's shows. At the moment it seemed like our values are on the same page, not sure what went wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your experiences with dogs.
      What's good customer service?
      Tell me about how you resolved a conflict.
      What trainings have you done with dogs? And walk me thru one specific example.   Answer Question