Emergency Medical Associates - Scribe (CIM) position | Glassdoor

"Scribe (CIM) position"

Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC
Current Employee - Clinical Information Manager in Lumberton, NC

I have been working at Emergency Medical Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good learning experience especially if you are a student. You get exposure to all types of emergencies and learn more about the treatments and diagnoses associated with various signs/symptoms. You get great experience using medical terminology correctly and you'll be awesome at charting and being thorough if you decide to pursue other medical careers. Also, you get to watch procedures, examinations, and other interesting things.

Cons

It can be stressful at times, and there are definitely shifts where I only have time to take a 5-10 minute break for the entire 12 hours. You can't plan on getting off on time, either. It can also be difficult sometimes switching between and memorizing the way each specific doctor likes their charting to be done. Lastly, you'll learn that there are a few doctors out of the many you will be charting for that can be difficult to work with - some of them can be rude to the staff at times and create chaos when things get busy.

Advice to Management

I don't really have any ideas on things that need to be improved. I guess it might be nice if we were to get more feedback on our performance and what we can improve upon.

Other Employee Reviews for Emergency Medical Associates

1. "Clinical Information Manager"

I worked at Emergency Medical Associates full-time

Pros

Excellent environment to get feet wet in medicine in preparation for med school or PA school.
    They provided the best pay for scribe work in NJ as far as I knew.

Cons

A very select few employees were difficulty to work with but that's just the nature of working in an ER.

2. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Physician Assistant
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant

I worked at Emergency Medical Associates (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Teaching hospital where do one, see one, teach one is employed.

Cons

Salary and benefits were standard, but comparable.