Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and the interviewer was very friendly. It lasted about twenty minutes. Basic interview questions were asked. I was not surprised by the content of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call in less than a week. I spoke with a woman on the phone who asked me about my qualifications etc. We then set up a date and time for an in person interview that took place last week in Parsippany, NJ. I waited for a little while and then was brought into the interview room. Everyone was extremely nice! We talked for about 20 minutes or so about my qualifications again and she asked typical interview questions. Afterward, I was asked to take the medical terminology test. (Words: arrhythmia, TB, ICU, IBS, MI, excessive sweating, breast bone, hypertension). The test isn't too bad as long as you review the day before and have some previous experience with medical terminology. I then took the transcription test, which is what I was worried about the most. The interviewer plays a 60 second audio clip of a doctor dictating a patient's encounter. I was asked to take notes during the clip, and then type word for word what was said during it. Spelling counts and spell check is disabled. You also get a practice round before! Lastly, I took a typing test directly from typingtest.com. They want you to be able to type at least 60 wpm. I average at around 99 wpm so this was most likely my strongest skill during the interview. I thought everything went smoothly! I received a call 3 days later (today) stating that they would like to move onto an interview with the Regional Manager of the CIMs. I'm interviewing via skype because I'm not super close to the headquarters.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses and how will this position help you improve?

Talk about a time you had to work with someone who you didn't get along with. How did you handle the situation?

Tell me about a time you were in a stressful work situation.

How do you deal with distractions at work?
      Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

First interview - phone with basic questions
    Second interview- in Parsippany with basic interview questions, medical terminology test (very difficult if you did not take a medical terminology course--review before you go!), and typing test from typingtest.com
    Third interview- with regional manager
    Fourth would have been at the hospital but did not make it to this round

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question

Clinical Information Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.com and received an email for a phone interview. Two days later, I received a phone call to move further with an in person interview with a recruiter at their office in Parsippany where I also did a typing test, dictation test, and medical terminology test. The medical terminology test was harder than I anticipated. The following day I received a phone call to interview with the CIM Regional Manager the following week in Parsippany again.

CIM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was nice, she asked basic questions. There are three types of tests, the medical terminology, the transcription, and the typing speed. You have to do over 60wpm for the typing speed. I did not receive an offer because I failed the transcription section, so if you are a slow writer make sure you practice before you go in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you were stressed out at work?

How bad do you want this job 1-10?
      Answer Question

CPT Coder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

On June 2, 2016, I received an email in regards to my availability for a phone interview. I replied with a date and at the last minute the date was change to another day and time. Finally, the phone interview took place on June 9, 2016 at 10:15am.

On June 23, 2016, I received a detail email stating my in person interview is set for June 27, 2016 and I needed to fill out an employment application thoroughly. In addition, provide three references either a current or former work supervisors, mentors, advisors, or co workers. Please give their name, email address, title and phone number. Additionally, please bring your resume and the office is fragrance free.

On July 7, 2016, I received an email stating that I did well with interview and she is now in the process of checking my three references however, she needs another one perhaps a current or former manager. So now that is a total of four references needed for a CPT coder position.

On July 20, 2016, I received a call stating that the salary will be $20 an hour and that additionally we will need another reference. If you agree with the salary, I will send you an email with instructions about the additional reference that is needed. I agreed and then I received an email stating please send me an additional reference contact that can attest to your work related to medical billing.

Now this will make five references, that was not originally asked for in the beginning and if you needed someone who can attest to work related medical billing. Granted, specific information should be noted in the original email on June 23, 2016, that three references is needed however, one of them need to be a manager. However, still giving this company a chance.

On July 29, 2016, I received an voicemail, but I was on vacation and could not return the call until Monday August 1, 2016. On Thursday August 4, 2016, my call was returned and she stated "The salary now will be $17 an hour and describing the benefits" I gladly declined offer and I stated to her you offered me a salary on July 20, 2016 of $20 an hour and now you decided to change it two weeks later after five references.

PLEASE EVERYONE BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND ANY VERBAL OFFERS . PLEASE REQUEST IT IN WRITING OR SEND A FOLLOW UP EMAIL.

Interview Questions

Please see interview process.

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up an interview two days later. Quick and simple phone screening. The one position I applied for was already filled by the time they interviewed me, yet they continued to interview potential employees.

Application

Interview

I applied through their website, a few days later I had a brief phone call with a recruiter describing my clinical experience, basic information, and goals. Then I set up an interview where they asked me questions, and gave me a medical terminology test, transcribing test, and typing test.

Clinical Information Manager (CIM) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was relatively painless. When you apply online, you usually first get an in-phone follow up from a recruiter to discuss your resume and experience. They would really like to see someone who has 100+ hours shadowing or interning in a hospital or clinical setting. I got called back a week later to schedule a 1st in-person interview at corporate. My recruiter was young, kind, and a good listener. Our interview was more of a conversation. The interview consisted of a medical terminology exam (my words were CPR, CHF, COPD, EKG, dypsnea, hypertension, patella, hyperglycemia, bradycardia, and clavicle). The dictation recording was very slow, so you have time to get word from word. They give you one time to practice. Lastly, you take a typing test that's straight off of typing test.com. My second interview will be at corporate again with the CIM regional manager. And I heard after this interview, you interview on-site at the hospital you initially signed up for.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, how much do you want this job?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses and how do you think this position will help you strengthen that weakness?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are capable of this job?   Answer Question
    • What was your favorite thing about your most recent experience (clinical setting)? And how does it apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • What's the latest you've stayed up working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

First, you're contacted by the recruiter via phone. You go through an initial phone interview, are asked to send in a cover letter, then invited for an in-person or skype interview. When you do the final interview (either in-person or skype), you have the "testing" portion which tests you on typing speed & medical terminology.