KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 78 of over 78 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Emergency Medical Associates

Emergency Medical Associates

Application

I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, starting with an HR representative, followed by the area manager, and then the particular site manager that you'll be working for. During each interview, they'll gauge your medical knowledge via quizzes during interviews, asking what certain acronyms are such as GERD, various symptoms, medical terminology, etc.

Interview Questions
  • What is the meaning of GERD?
    1 Answer

Application

Interview

Straightforward typical interview questions with regional CIM manager about teamwork, facing adversity and overcoming challenges. No trick questions. Ended with a "why you" question. Regional manager was very nice and not intimidating at all, making for a relaxed environment. Had prewritten questions and wrote down short handwritten responses based on my answers.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of the pros and con of working with a team? Tell me a time you faced adversity/challenges and how did you overcome? Why should we take you over other applicants?

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

2d

a

Registered Nurse

Looking for ideas for a slight "career change". I can't stand working bedside/acute care nursing anymore, officially burnt out. Does anyone have any experience with informatics based nursing jobs, or clinical documentation specialist positions? EMR auditing? Remote jobs? Pros/cons? Do you find there are part time positions available? I don't have my masters just my BSN/RB, nor do I plan on going back for my masters, would possibly consider a certification if really necessary.

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Emergency Medical Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in Aug 2018

Interview

So far I have received a brief phone interview where she just basically asked what I thought a scribe did and if I had 100 hrs of experience. I then did "the first official round" of interviews where she asked me some situation questions, asked what my weakness was, and my plans for the future. I then did the three tests (medical terminology test, typing test, and transcription test). I studied for the medical terminology test through quizlet, which I thought was sufficient. The typing test was directly from typingtest.com and the transcription test for me was to listen to an audio clip while I took notes, and then I had to answer questions regarding the audio I just heard. I heard back about this interview maybe a week later notifying that I made it to the next round. I have not had it yet, but I do know that it is with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a situation where you didnt agree/get along with a colleague.

Anonymous Employee in Passaic, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Passaic, NJ) in Mar 2018

Interview

The interview process took about 3 weeks total with 3 rounds of interviews. First there was a phone screening with basic questions about your understanding of the position, experiences, and availability. Then if you got invited for a second interview (I did mine in person) it consisted of some of the same questions asked in the phone interview but more about you, experiences and how your experiences will help you with the job. There were also 4 tests (typing test, 2 transcription tests and medical terminology test) that were not difficult at all if you can comfortably type 55 wpm and are familiar with common medical terminology, acronyms and abbreviations. Then, I got called back for a third interview with the regional manager. This one was a video interview and there were a lot of similar questions and they explained more about the positions at specific sites and what the positions entail in more detail.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

Interview

There were 4 interviews. The first was more just an initial vetting process. The second was more formal where there were tests also (medical terminology test and typing test). The third was with the regional manager and was more of a get to you know situation. The fourth was on-site at my top choice. It was more of an orientation than an interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in Feb 2018

Interview

Interview questions were standard and not difficult. The people I spoke with were professional and timely, and easy to communicate with over the phone and through email. The three tests during the second interview were ok, the most difficult was medical terminology (I had little background in this). Typing test was on typingtest.com and you needed a speed greater than 55 wpm. The note-taking test was specific, but straightforward. I had a phone interview, video interview, and another video interview with the regional manager is coming up.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a stressful situation at work and how you handled it? What is the role of a CIM? What are you most concerned about, working as a CIM? How have your prior experiences prepared you/make you a good candidate?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in Feb 2018

Interview

This process moved fairly quickly! I submitted my application and someone reached out to me within a couple of days I believe. After our phone call which essentially went over my resume, I scheduled a virtual interview with a recruiter and had to fill out additional paperwork online. My interview with the recruiter went really well and consisted of a typing and medical terminology test. A few days later she told me that I had moved forward to the next round and I scheduled another virtual interview with the site manager. A a few days after this interview, I was told that they thought I would be better as a regular CIM as opposed to a scribe supervisor and I was given some locations to choose from. After I called to say which location I had picked, I was told that the regional manager would be in touch for next steps by the end of the week. I instead got a call from my recruiter saying that the location I had picked actually didn't have any spots available and they weren't moving forward with my application which was really confusing as I thought they had already offered me a role as a CIM.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (New York, NY)

Interview

First interview was done over the phone about 1 week after applying, Next was at there head quarters in New Jersey which included there tests. They included a medical terminology test and typing speed test.

Interview Questions
  • What is the role of a CIM? What are your future plans professionally? Why would you fit this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in Dec 2017

Interview

applied online, got an email for an interview 2 days later, scheduled a follow up interview for one week later. The interviewer was very friendly and made the process less stressful.

Interview Questions
  • what is a CIM, what was a stressful situation and how did you deal with it, why do you think being a CIM is a good fit

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (New York, NY) in Dec 2017

Interview

Technically four interviews total. There is one initial phone interview, one with the recruiter, one with the regional manager, and then one onsite. Offer was made after the regional manager and the onsite interview was more of an orientation than anything.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 Interviews

Emergency Medical Associates Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Emergency Medical Associates according to 107 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.77%