Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions

Interviews at Emergency Medical Associates

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Four step process:
    1. Phone interview
    2. In-person interview with typing test, transcription test, and medical terminology test
    3. 2nd In-person interview with management
    4. On-site interview

Interviewers were all very warm and welcoming. They were all fairly painless. I'd say the hardest part was the medical terminology test. I'd brush up on terms before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does a CIM do? Why should we hire you instead of anyone else?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

First met with the hiring manager who was really nice. Asked the generic interview questions such as availability, strengths, what experience you want to gain from the company, etc. Then you take a medical terminology quiz, two scribing tests, and a typing test. The interview was fairly normal, nothing you wouldn't expect.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were faced with a problem at a job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview, an online webcam interview, and a typing and note taking test. There was also a drug test once you got past all of the other hoops. The initial phone interview was short and asked a few basic interview questions. The typing, note taking and medical terminology test had certain score requirements.

Interview Questions

• One of the interview questions asked was how much do you want this job on a scale of 1-10 which threw me off a bit.   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up an interview two days later. Quick and simple phone screening. The one position I applied for was already filled by the time they interviewed me, yet they continued to interview potential employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Paterson, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was invited to do an in-person interview at a company office location in New Jersey. The interview was a combination of a written exam to test basic medical knowledge, such as acronyms, and general interview questions (i.e. why do you want this job).

Interview Questions

• Basic medical acronyms, had to listen to a paragraph that was read out loud and write a concise, accurate summary of what I had heard.   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

Interview process is a bit lengthy however, they are extremely thorough and very professional. Three tests are taken after first round of interviews. You can choose in person or through webcam. Transcription, typing and medical terminology test. Transcription test is fairly simple but you must copy word for word, medical terminology is simple as well but make sure to prepare a head of time (there are many quizlet study guides)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that can benefit this scribe position?   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

First interview - phone with basic questions
    Second interview- in Parsippany with basic interview questions, medical terminology test (very difficult if you did not take a medical terminology course--review before you go!), and typing test from typingtest.com
    Third interview- with regional manager
    Fourth would have been at the hospital but did not make it to this round

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 to 10, how interested are you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2018.

Interview

So far I have received a brief phone interview where she just basically asked what I thought a scribe did and if I had 100 hrs of experience. I then did "the first official round" of interviews where she asked me some situation questions, asked what my weakness was, and my plans for the future. I then did the three tests (medical terminology test, typing test, and transcription test). I studied for the medical terminology test through quizlet, which I thought was sufficient. The typing test was directly from typingtest.com and the transcription test for me was to listen to an audio clip while I took notes, and then I had to answer questions regarding the audio I just heard. I heard back about this interview maybe a week later notifying that I made it to the next round. I have not had it yet, but I do know that it is with the Regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you didnt agree/get along with a colleague.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in November 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was one of the most professional I've ever been involved in. From the initial recruiter contact, to the site interview, I felt things went along very smoothly with communication going both ways. I never felt as if I couldn't get feedback to a question I had within a timely manner.

Negotiation

Relatively painless.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was overall an organized and stress free process. After answering a few questions concerning my interests and availability an interview was scheduled. I was able to meet with everyone on the same day which was time efficient and greatly appreciated. I received an offer the next day and my questions concerning my contract were given attention promptly.

Interview Questions

• The credentialing process was awful. The credentialing specialist that I was assigned to didn't seem to know what she was doing and did not respond to my emails for several days and was rarely available by phone. I was asked for the same items repeatedly despite having turned them in. Once I had stopped working at my former full time job and had the time to track behind her and get the information needed, I was finally credentialed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy process. My questions were answered promptly and changes were made without an issue.