Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Emergency Medical Associates Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

easy, laid back, few questions and typing test. did not ask hard questions. only met with one person. first interview was a skype interview. 2nd interview was an in person interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long. There was an initial phone call, which basically required walking them through your resume. The second interview was a bit longer and included three tests (medical terminology, transcription test, and typing test) Medical terminology test wasn't hard but does require a little studying.

CIM Interview

Interview

First round entails interview with recruiter and then testing: typing test, transcription, and medical terminology. Definitely study for the medical terminology using quizlets online. Then there was an interview with regional manager.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

I had a total of four interviews: a phone interview with one recruiter, an interview with a second recruiter at their office in Parsippany, an interview with the regional manager over video chat, and then a site interview with the lead CIM. All interviewers were very pleasant and professional. My phone interview was very brief and easy. The interview with the recruiter was the most formal of all the interviews. I was required to take three tests: a typing test that's taken on typingtest.com, a simple transcription, and a medical terminology test (know TB, MI, ICU, IBS, breastbone, excessive sweating, deep cut in the skin, arrhythmia, larynx, and hypertension - this is a comprehensive list of all the terms on my test). I found the other interview questions to be very typical of a standard interview. We discussed my qualifications and experience, strengths/weaknesses, availability, and what I would do in various hypothetical scenarios. In the interview with the regional manager, we mostly discussed my availability. The site interview was very informal and was more of an orientation to the site rather than an interview. Note: The company did call all off my references and an offer of employment was contingent on a background check and drug test. Overall, I found the process relative easy but lengthy. I heard back from each interview within a week, and the entire process took about a month. So far I've had a very positive experience with the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you did not get along with a co-wrorker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on Indeed.com
    Was contacted within a week by email to set up an over the phone interview. Passed that, and was moved on to the interview online (Gotomeeting). That interview was great, but the medical terminology test was very thorough. MAKE SURE You study. I did not, and therefore was not moved on to the last interview

Interview Questions

• Recall a stressful situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What part of the job do you think you will have the most trouble with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online a week later I receieved a phone call to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview I received another call to schedule an in person interview and to take 4 tests.... transcription, medical terminology, and typing.

Interview Questions

• What makes this position perfect for you?
      what is the rold of a CIM?   Answer Question

Medical Scribe Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

Interview process is a bit lengthy however, they are extremely thorough and very professional. Three tests are taken after first round of interviews. You can choose in person or through webcam. Transcription, typing and medical terminology test. Transcription test is fairly simple but you must copy word for word, medical terminology is simple as well but make sure to prepare a head of time (there are many quizlet study guides)

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that can benefit this scribe position?   Answer Question

Clinical Information Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a phone interview about two days after applying. Phone interview was fairly quick and simple, the recruiter just basically asks about your qualifications and goals. Was contacted a week later to schedule an in person interview. The interview questions themselves were similar to those in the phone interview. There were also three tests done in that interview; a medical terminology test, dictation test, and typing test. The medical terminology test was the most difficult test for me personally, and definitely requires some studying. If you do not pass one of these tests, you can not move on to the next phase in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to handle a stressful situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Emergency Medical Associates (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

My experiences were similar to the ones posted here on glassdoor.com. I applied online and received a phone call several days later. The initial phone interview was pleasant and basic questions were asked with detailed information about the position and training. After the phone interview, I was scheduled for an interview at the company's HQ in Parsippany. The interview was about an hour and included more detailed questions along with a typing test, dictation test, and medical terminology test. The recruiter was very professional and kind and I had a great experience. I received a call about a day later that I passed the tests, and the next step was to meet with the regional manager. The interview with the manager was less stressful, it was more of a conversation with a discussion of openings and info about the different sites. The final 4th interview is at the site of interest with a lead CIM. It was also a great experience and I am pleasantly surprised by the professionals working at the company. A drug test and background check are required when you accept an offer at EMA. The interview process along with training is lengthy, but I trust that EMA is a professional company and the experience has been great so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation at work. How did you handle it?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your career goals?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

ER SCRIBE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

Interview

The interview process was a bit lengthy for what the job is, in my opinion. There was a phone interview, an in-person interview that includes aptitude testing, another in-person interview with a regional manager, and if I had moved on to the next stage, another interview with the CIM Site Lead. I understand the importance of screening candidates, but the three interviews I had highly duplicated each other in content, which felt like a big waste of time. It was also very discouraging to interview for this job with 15 years experience as a pre-hopital emergency provider and another 9 years experience in EMS Documentation Quality Improvement and to not be employed for this job. It left me wondering what they were looking for in qualifications.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past work experiences will translate to working as a scribe?   1 Answer