Lularoe - Don't Quit Your Day Job to Do This!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lularoe

"Don't Quit Your Day Job to Do This!!"

Current Employee - Fashion Consultant
Current Employee - Fashion Consultant

I have been working at Lularoe part-time

Pros

You're able to meet interesting people.
You control your own schedule.
You can add some cute clothes to your wardrobe.

Cons

The cons outweigh the pros unfortunately!! This company needs to get its act together or it will tank as quickly as it arose!

As with any job in sales, you have to get out there and sell in order to see results. I understand that you can't just post photos of your inventory on your website and think customers will buy from you. You have to find your own customers......BUT,

This company is facing some real issues that they can't seem to handle and all I keep hearing is: 1) The company is still new and has only been around for 3 years and 2) be patient.

The company continues to onboard consultants daily, although they say they have slowed down a lot. Why not just stop onboarding period? It now takes at least 2 weeks to receive your inventory orders. The money leaves your bank account a day or two after placing your order, while you wait an additional 2+ weeks to get your inventory. How is a consultant supposed to continue making money this way?

Most of the time when you place an order, it will either be: 1) missing something or 2) on backorder. They've already taken money out of your account for these items that you hadn't received and will not see it for about two months. Then they tell you to open a ticket for these missing items, but why? No one ever responds to you! I've submitted tickets lately and no one has responded.

And let's not forget that while you have items on backorder, they are onboarding new consultants that have probably received the items that you now have on backorder. There are consultants with thousands of dollars in backordered items. I would think fulfilling those backorders should be a priority over onboarding new consultants. All backorders should be fulfilled before anyone else is able to receive that same item! We shouldn't have to wait two months or more to receive items that we've already paid for. And a newly onboarded consultant shouldn't have missing/backordered items either. Who wants to spend thousands of dollars up front on new inventory to start their business to only receive 2/3 of it! It's not right!!

Leaders tell you to reach out to your upline when you have issues....they don't have the answers and I don't expect them to. This is a problem at the corporate level!

No negativity on your team FB page. Everything cannot be all positive all the time!

I could go on and on! And it's really sad that we have to post here in order to be heard. Unfortunately, this is not going to be a company that I can stick with for the long haul. I don't have that kind of money to continue to tie up in this business. Thank goodness I still have my full time job!!

Advice to Management

Stop onboarding!! You don't think it's a problem, but clearly you can't keep up with the growth! If you keep onboarding, your issues will continue to snowball!

Deduct money from consultants' account when YOU ship not when they order!

LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN to your consultants concerns!!

Other Employee Reviews for Lularoe

"LuLaNOPE"

I worked at Lularoe full-time

Pros

I'm trying to think of some.
    I don't really have any that are valid. I wanted my experience to be a PRO, but I don't think it was. Do not base your whole families livelihood on this company/business. The owners are so out of touch of what's actually going on.

Cons

These are in no particular order:
    -You have to TRUST your sponsor, and hope that they're not out to only make a buck off you investing your hard earned money. OH do they not tell you that? That once you sign up under your sponsor, they'll start making a percentage off of your orders?
    -Once you sell an item, be ready to reinvest that profit... if you make any profit off of it... You will not make it in this company if you do not reinvest every penny you make. Your inventory starts out at 300 pieces! You're going to need to build your inventory to at least 1000 pieces to keep relevant.
    -The $6000 upfront is only getting you your clothes, that does not include all the hangers, wracks, shipping supplies ETC... you'll need.
    -Better hope you have a HUGE space in your house to be able to sell, since you're going to have SO much crap
    -What others have said- for every 40 pieces of UGLY you get you'll get MAYBE one or two nice patterns
    -Be ready for people to think you're Target
    -OH you decided to ONLY Sell on Facebook? Be ready to be glued to your phone/laptop/computer/tablet... or OK staying up until 2-3AM making sure everything is OK and you've answered questions, since there are SOOO many consultants, you have to be there to answer questions, for fear of them taking their business else where.
    -They lie! Not everything sells! Who wants to get stuck with 12 pairs of pastel flip cell phone leggings
    -The fact that it feels like the higher ups only care about their almighty dollar, and the rest of us who are blindly walking into the company, seeing them on vacations.. just makes them more out of touch with reality.
    -people will want to know why the clothes are so bag like, because the creators, are all about being modest, well some of us aren't, and I don't want to look like a bag lady!
    -You have to keep your opinion of patterns to yourself.
    -Yes the company IS new(er) but really, they've owned a business before... UM why are there so many hiccups with a company?
    -the quality control is awful! They say they only have XYZ in issues, but really, the quality comes AFTER a customer buys a piece and it gets holes in it!
    -They're growing WAY faster than they can keep up with.
    -The crap about you determine your own success, is just BS! Yes, if I want to take 20hrs out of the day to devote to making money, and only spend 2hrs sleeping, 1hr with my kid 1hr with my husband.. SURE I could have made this my full time job.
    -The NO control over what patterns comes to you is SOOO frustrating!
    -Having NO control over the actual sizing is annoying, if something says it should fit up to a size 12, IT SHOULD! not OH it could fit up to a 12! OR if you wear this size in a X you'll be a size A in X and a size B in X... seriously! stick to ONE way of sizing.

Advice to Management

stop with all the onboarding, until you get your inventory figured out!

"Invest in a bank not a scam and cult"

Current Employee - Fashion Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Fashion Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Used to be a fun place to meet other women/moms
    Used to be fun clothes that were QUALITY!

Cons

Quality control is HORRIBLE!!
    Backorder is a contestant and you might wait 2 months to see your product( however they show in stock and have yet to ship yours)
    If you voice your opinion you are seen as complaining and not following the Lularoe culture (huge red flag)
    OVERSATURATION has happened
    No longer can you do most of it online
    The "culture" of sisterhood is gone as consultants now scramble to make their "investments" back
    Money is made by building teams! You will be lucky to make your money back in a year( WHICH WAS NOT THE CASE 8 months ago so don't let the consultant give you some "success story" that is no longer the norm

Advice to Management

Stop onboarding at this insane pace! You have created market saturation and don't care the least! This is going to be exposed for the scam it is, sadly you took an excellent concept and allowed your greed to ruin it.