"A great work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company operates remotely which gives employees a huge amount of flexibility. Employees move around the country to live where they're happiest and we collaborate online. The team is filled with talented, bright people who get along well and understand the industry. The company is growing fast and it's not always easy, but it's always a challenge and very rewarding. I've been here five years and hope to be here many more. We've hired lots of people and very, very few have left, which I think is a testament to the work environment.

Cons

The nature of our product means that the technology doesn't evolve as fast as you might want it to. If you're a developer who wants to be on the cutting edge with the latest frameworks and technologies you'll be frustrated.

Network Ninja2017-01-12

January 31, 2017CEO

Are you the one that requested a VR headset "for Emacs, and stuff"? Seems pretty cutting edge to me.

Other Employee Reviews

"Amazing people doing amazing work"

Current Employee - Content & Marketing Manager in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time for less than a year

Pros

The true measure of any company is in its people. Network Ninja is filled with friendly, talented, hardworking people, making it a joy to work here. Everyone has a "team-first" mentality, so there's always help available when you need it. Management also makes sure to recognize individuals for their great work. Working remotely is another huge plus. I have two young children at home, and my spouse works full time as well, so flexibility is very important to me. In summary, Network Ninja well established, well run, and populated by people passionate about what they do. Software companies can sometimes be cold and impersonal, but I've found the exact opposite here - and I plan to stay for a long, long time.

Cons

Everyone is super busy because the company is growing.

Network Ninja2018-04-04

April 13, 2018CEO

Happy to have you here, and fully agree: it's wonderful to be surrounded by people that can impress you so often, for so long.

"Extremely Fulfilling Job, Excellent Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lapeer, MI

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

By far the best thing about working at Network Ninja is the people. Their turnover is very low, and I can guarantee that's because our teams like the people they work with. This isn't an office politics type of environment. We don't throw each other under buses. We back each other up, and we're real with each other. I came to Network Ninja 10 years ago, and I frankly thought this would be a transition job due solely to the fact that it was programming in PHP, which I didn't think would be enough of a challenge. I very quickly realized that the challenge was not only there, but it was very fulfilling. We solve business needs and can immediately see the benefits we give to our customers. We get a lot of instant gratification in feedback that I've never had with any other development position. The benefits at Network Ninja are amazing, and the pay is very competitive. Developers have complete freedom. The management is generally non-technical, and this is the type of environment where a developer who enjoys architecting, implementing, and supporting his or her own solutions will shine. This is not a micromanagement situation in the slightest, and management trusts its development teams implicitly.

Cons

Sometimes there's more work than is realistic to finish. Sometimes customer-dictated deadlines are not realistic. As with any remote position, sometimes work hours blend into personal time. It's a very flat company structure with little room for promotions of title. This isn't a con for me, but if your intent is to work your way to the top, you might be disappointed when you realize the top is one or two levels above you when you're hired in.

Network Ninja2017-10-10

January 29, 2018CEO

"Keep it up." is very fulfilling feedback, thank you - and thanks for the honest thoughts and effort you put into this.

Discover more reviews about Network Ninja.