Network Ninja - A great work environment | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"A great work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company operates remotely which gives employees a huge amount of flexibility. Employees move around the country to live where they're happiest and we collaborate online. The team is filled with talented, bright people who get along well and understand the industry. The company is growing fast and it's not always easy, but it's always a challenge and very rewarding.

I've been here five years and hope to be here many more. We've hired lots of people and very, very few have left, which I think is a testament to the work environment.

Cons

The nature of our product means that the technology doesn't evolve as fast as you might want it to. If you're a developer who wants to be on the cutting edge with the latest frameworks and technologies you'll be frustrated.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We're moving in the right direction.

Jan 31, 2017 – CEO

Are you the one that requested a VR headset "for Emacs, and stuff"? Seems pretty cutting edge to me.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Dream Job"

Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Fairfax, CA
    Current Employee - Web Designer/Developer in Fairfax, CA

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Network Ninja is a fully remote company, you set your own schedule, you can be wherever you want to be, as long as work gets done. This allows me to spend more time doing what I love: biking. I may even have delegated some work items via Slack iPhone app while riding my bike...

Cons

When I first started working at Network Ninja, they were just transitioning from a conventional office to a remote company. There were some communication hiccups, but most have been resolved due to collaboration tools such as Google Apps, Slack, GitHub etc.

Advice to Management

Let's continue to make some magic!

Jan 26, 2017 – CEO

“Dream Job” is awesome to hear. Thank you for sharing.

NOTE: I do not endorse using Slack while riding a bike.

"Wild Ride"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time

Pros

Supportive atmosphere, small teams of multi-skilled developers, lots of chances to make important decisions.

Cons

Lots of legacy code, demanding clients, not enough collaboration between developers.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire good people and narrow each's scope to their strengths.

Jan 25, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback, it is very much appreciated.

We will continue to work on the "not enough collaboration" problem, I agree with you, need more interaction and sharing - our first steps on... More

Discover more reviews about Network Ninja.