KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 10 years

Extremely Fulfilling Job, Excellent Environment

Oct 9, 2017 - Senior Software Developer in Lapeer, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

By far the best thing about working at Network Ninja is the people. Their turnover is very low, and I can guarantee that's because our teams like the people they work with. This isn't an office politics type of environment. We don't throw each other under buses. We back each other up, and we're real with each other. I came to Network Ninja 10 years ago, and I frankly thought this would be a transition job due solely to the fact that it was programming in PHP, which I didn't think would be enough of a challenge. I very quickly realized that the challenge was not only there, but it was very fulfilling. We solve business needs and can immediately see the benefits we give to our customers. We get a lot of instant gratification in feedback that I've never had with any other development position. The benefits at Network Ninja are amazing, and the pay is very competitive. Developers have complete freedom. The management is generally non-technical, and this is the type of environment where a developer who enjoys architecting, implementing, and supporting his or her own solutions will shine. This is not a micromanagement situation in the slightest, and management trusts its development teams implicitly.

Cons

Sometimes there's more work than is realistic to finish. Sometimes customer-dictated deadlines are not realistic. As with any remote position, sometimes work hours blend into personal time. It's a very flat company structure with little room for promotions of title. This isn't a con for me, but if your intent is to work your way to the top, you might be disappointed when you realize the top is one or two levels above you when you're hired in.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Network Ninja Response

CEO

"Keep it up." is very fulfilling feedback, thank you - and thanks for the honest thoughts and effort you put into this.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing!

Apr 25, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, leadership and teamwork. If you are ready to communicate and work with a team, then this will be a great place to work.

Cons

Nothing really to say about it.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Team, Very Fulfilling Work

Apr 3, 2022 - Technical Support/QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% remote, but great communication between team members. Very supportive atmosphere and company culture. You'll have complete support and be cheered on to amass new skills in software development. Focus on products assisting non-profit organizations - everyone here cares deeply about how their work affects change with our User community/ industry. Consistent growth trends for over 20 years.

Cons

Zero. This is an amazing team actually making a difference.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Network Ninja.

Network Ninja Photos

+ Add Photo
Network Ninja photo of: Nick (our favorite hovering project manager), Josh, and Mike.
Network Ninja photo of: We ran out of chairs for this year's company-wide Meeting of the Minds.
Network Ninja photo of: The Collaborate team got a chance to meet Biz Markie at one of our client's fundraisers.
Network Ninja photo of: The LegalServer team really digs unicorns.
Network Ninja photo of: We failed to fly a hot dog kite.
Network Ninja photo of: We built a Rube Goldberg contraption during our annual meeting.
Network Ninja photo of: There's always room for dessert!