Network Ninja - Amazing people doing amazing work | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Amazing people doing amazing work"

Current Employee - Content & Marketing Manager in Atlantic City, NJ
Current Employee - Content & Marketing Manager in Atlantic City, NJ

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The true measure of any company is in its people. Network Ninja is filled with friendly, talented, hardworking people, making it a joy to work here.

Everyone has a "team-first" mentality, so there's always help available when you need it. Management also makes sure to recognize individuals for their great work.

Working remotely is another huge plus. I have two young children at home, and my spouse works full time as well, so flexibility is very important to me.

In summary, Network Ninja well established, well run, and populated by people passionate about what they do. Software companies can sometimes be cold and impersonal, but I've found the exact opposite here - and I plan to stay for a long, long time.

Cons

Everyone is super busy because the company is growing.

Advice to Management

You've built something special here. Keep up the great work!

Network Ninja Response

Apr 13, 2018 – CEO

Happy to have you here, and fully agree: it's wonderful to be surrounded by people that can impress you so often, for so long.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Extremely Fulfilling Job, Excellent Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lapeer, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Lapeer, MI

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

By far the best thing about working at Network Ninja is the people. Their turnover is very low, and I can guarantee that's because our teams like the people they work with. This isn't an office politics type of environment. We don't throw each other under buses. We back each other up, and we're real with each other.

I came to Network Ninja 10 years ago, and I frankly thought this would be a transition job due solely to the fact that it was programming in PHP, which I didn't think would be enough of a challenge. I very quickly realized that the challenge was not only there, but it was very fulfilling.

We solve business needs and can immediately see the benefits we give to our customers. We get a lot of instant gratification in feedback that I've never had with any other development position.

The benefits at Network Ninja are amazing, and the pay is very competitive.

Developers have complete freedom. The management is generally non-technical, and this is the type of environment where a developer who enjoys architecting, implementing, and supporting his or her own solutions will shine. This is not a micromanagement situation in the slightest, and management trusts its development teams implicitly.

Cons

Sometimes there's more work than is realistic to finish.

Sometimes customer-dictated deadlines are not realistic.

As with any remote position, sometimes work hours blend into personal time.

It's a very flat company structure with little room for promotions of title. This isn't a con for me, but if your intent is to work your way to the top, you might be disappointed when you realize the top is one or two levels above you when you're hired in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Never hire anyone you're uncomfortable with. The way you seek out our opinion on everything is very fulfilling. One of the things that management understands is that their employees are experts in their field. Keep allowing your developers to work freely.

Network Ninja Response

Jan 29, 2018 – CEO

"Keep it up." is very fulfilling feedback, thank you - and thanks for the honest thoughts and effort you put into this.

2. "Exciting Company To Be A Part Of"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Network Ninja full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Small Company (allows for diversity in the type of jobs you can perform)
    - Work Remotely
    - Growing year after year
    - Great company culture
    - Compassionate leadership
    - Interesting clients

Cons

- Not a lot of in person interactions

Advice to Management

- Keep looking for more great talent
    - Continue yearly company meetings. (great for moral)

Discover more reviews about Network Ninja.