Employee Review

Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Don't work for One Gas www.onegas.com

Jun 17, 2014 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

They can smile at you. Recruiter told me that everyone in IT knows each other here in town and not to worry about things. He knows that things are not going well. You will. give your life to them and they will lie and tell you the world.

Cons

Hired for 5 weeks promised work. No work. The IT department has no clue and they are blaming others. They are now on 3rd contracting company because the IT department does not know things like AD migration.. yeah

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent Company with Great Core Values

May 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Core Values Great Stability Competent Management and Leadership Always improving as a company and looking toward the future Good Benefits

Cons

Pay is decent but not the best; which is normal in the utility industry

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company to Work For

May 13, 2021 - Buyer II in Tulsa, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at ONE Gas for 3.5 years as a buyer. The benefits, the culture, management, etc were fantastic. I truly felt like my floor was one big family. Our senior manager every Tuesday during stand-up would always comment on how this is such a fantastic place to work and how he was so lucky to be able to come to work every day and was able to interact with such great people and I couldn't agree more. Our CEO was immaculate. He has such high hopes for ONE Gas and you can tell he truly cares about each and every person that works at the company. My direct team was great. My supervisor helped me grow tremendously within my position. I left feeling extremely confident as my ability as a buyer after the 3.5 years of coaching. My manager was also fantastic, we had great banter and I always felt like I could have open and honest conversations about issues I was having.

Cons

There was no room for advancement within procurement, we sometimes felt as though upper management didn't understand how important our job actually was, the salary for the amount of stress we were under and the amount that was expected from us was subpar. We were able to work a "flexible" schedule but we were clock watched. There were very little training opportunities or opportunities for us to go out to visit suppliers/etc so we could educate ourselves on what we were actually purchasing because the amount of work that we constantly had.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about ONE Gas.