KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Current Employee

One bad game away from the studio shutting down

Jan 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Relic has a talented and hardworking engineering team that is the backbone for keeping Relic up and running. - Reasonable annual bonuses have been provided even though the studio hasn't been profitable. -Overtime isn't crazy for the most part outside of the necessary crunches before a milestone or game launch. - Solid history of successful and well-known games in the back catalog. - Good effort at promoting social events from the big events like Summer BBQ and Xmas Party and small ones like movie and gaming nights. - Nice central location in Yaletown close to transit hubs and restaurants, but the office itself isn't great as there's always funky smells from the restaurants below and a lack of office perks like ping-pong, massage chairs and casual spaces.

Cons

- There's a lack of career growth opportunities with no structure or guidance in place to help people advance their careers. - Annual compensation increases for cost of living and inflation are very poor (around 1% or less each year) - There's no great office perks or benefits to take advantage of aside from the gym membership discount. - There's some serious cultural and people issues that need to be addressed (see advice below).

Continue reading
    59 people found this review helpful

Relic Entertainment Response

General Manager

Hey, First, I want to say thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, I really do appreciate it. Many of the points laid out here we’re aware of, but you’ve given me a lot to think about as well. We’ve been growing a lot as we gear up for our new projects. This is a really great thing for the future of Relic, but with that comes growing pains as well. I totally hear where you’re coming from regarding the dynamic with your leaders and managers. I’m not happy that you (and likely other employees) feel that you’re not being heard. Our games are the product of each and every person in the studio and I don’t believe we can be successful if we aren’t listening. Given that you’re a current employee, I have a favor to ask of you – keep the feedback coming! Speak up at our AMAs, we can go grab a quick coffee, or you can just send me an email. I always want to hear your thoughts, not only about the good things, but also where we can improve and if I’ve let you down. Especially if I’ve let you down. I’m proud to work with some of the most talented people in the industry, and it really will take all of us to keep Relic great. Justin

Other Employee Reviews

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Pay and Benefits - Excellent Team - Management Could Do Better

Jul 11, 2018 - Former Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay. Good Benefits. Great Employees. Generally pleasant work environment.

Cons

Customer wishes are often ignored. Though treated well, the concerns of employees often at least seem to be ignored. Note: I left the company for personal reasons, my leaving the company does not in any way reflect negatively on the company.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work at

Aug 24, 2021 - Development Tester
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are great. From those that you work closest with, to the highest chain of command. Everyone cares about the work being done. - Great benefits - Pretty decent pay

Cons

- Not enough 'dones Fridays' (doughnuts) after switching to remote work. - But seriously, perhaps not enough variety in games being made. If you love RTS, then Relic is right for you.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Relic Entertainment.