"Worst Company Ever Worked For - Just Avoid"

1.0
    Former Employee - Office Staff

I worked at Solopress full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly can't think of one other than having an income

Cons

NO lunch breaks whatsoever - can't even imagine what it must have been like for the people standing all day downstairs in the print rooms without a break. Employees have either been working there for years and so are really clicky and rude, or they have just started and haven't got a clue what they are doing. Dated systems and software leading to constant issues with orders and unhappy customers. Customer service don't care about complaints received. No flexibility with hours (also have to clock in and out like it's the 90's). No atmosphere at all, hours would pass without any conversations as no lunch breaks to build relationships with colleagues. Only enough parking for top dogs, be prepared to park in a residential street and walk for 10 minutes to the office. Very much a 'fill the seats' culture, most employees haven't had any training and so have no idea what they are doing. The company just employ the first person that applies so they can carry on making money. Far too much emphasis on making a profit. Treating staff like cogs in the machine and spending the bare minimum in order for the owners to make more millions for themselves.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Forward-thinking company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Southend-on-Sea, England

I have been working at Solopress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ambitious, progressive company. Great office culture.

Cons

Parking is difficult, nowhere nearby for lunch

"It's fine but not great"

1.0
    Former Employee - Designer

I worked at Solopress full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good location Good variety of work

Cons

No lunch breaks Bad pay

Solopress Response

October 8, 2019Human Resources

Thank you for your review. Firstly, we're pleased to hear you were happy with the variety of work whilst working in our design team; Solopress' design team sees a huge variety of requests from our customers and we believe they are well equipped to supply to our customers' needs. We are however sorry to hear that you wouldn't recommend Solopress as a place to work. We've made some exciting changes recently which have been guided by asking our employees what they want to see from the business. As a result of this we have implemented a PAID break, which we have seen has been hugely appreciated across the company, along with our other changes which we hope will continue to improve our working culture.

Discover more reviews about Solopress.