The Buckle - Does not pay what they say it will!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for The Buckle

"Does not pay what they say it will!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Great discount and workers compensation package. Benefits can be shared with family and spouse. The atmosphere is friendly to work in and I enjoyed myself working with people there.

Cons

The main thing that bugged me about working here is that you do not make the income they say. I was working a job making 11.50 an hour. When I was being interviewed here, the Manager said that I can easily make 12/hr which is a hourly pay plus commission. The only thing they failed to mention is you need to, on AVERAGE, sell over $1600 in product every 8 hour shift you work. Retails have their slow days in the weekdays so you know you are not making those numbers. Come my first paycheck, after having some great sale dates where I sold more then $2000 in product and averaging highest with my co-workers, my pay was just 7 cents above mininum wage. I left because they lied about the income I would make... You MUST average 1600 or higher on an 8 hour shift to break double digits, just work the math out for yourself! Also remember, you will be working on some hours where you are strictly helping doing inventory and they might pull you back off the floor too. So you will not always be on the sale floor. About 1/3 of your time could be spent in the back or on off hours and these negatively impact your sales as well.

Advice to Management

You guys treated me well and you taught a lot of good things about the retail business but even though you put me in the Assistant Manager in Training program, its a shame you had to hide the pay structure from me and not tell me upfront.

Other Employee Reviews for The Buckle

1. "Fun starting job."

Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Jensen Beach, FL
    Current Employee - FREIGHT COORDINATOR in Jensen Beach, FL

Pros

The best reason to work at Buckle is the employee discount you receive, it's 40%. The people are friendly and the work is easy enough.

Cons

The downside of Buckle is that they pay minimum wage if you work in the back and you rely on commission if you work up front.

Advice to Management

The management is terrific, they are very personal and are helpful with anything you need. They give great feedback and keep you busy.

"Good place to work if you don't mind working hard."

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Make good money (commission), Fun place of work, huge discount on clothing, fun people to work with for the most part, travel opportunities, good benefits, it is good experience for someone straight out of college who needs something on their resume-it can lead to other opportunities in corporate retail.

Cons

Not a very serious job (unless you actually want to be a manager), tiring job due to always being on your feet, you have to work in a mall, terrible work schedule (weekends and nights), LONG holiday hours (I worked sometimes 60+ a week), you have to work hard every day to make a living there are no slacking days if you want to be consistent, there can be drama considering you are working with high schoolers, some of the district and area managers (or just managers) are really crazy - they are super hyper active and expect you to be fake like that also.

Advice to Management

Try to calm down some of the work drama. Be more professional.