KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Does not pay what they say it will!!!

Apr 12, 2011 -  in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount and workers compensation package. Benefits can be shared with family and spouse. The atmosphere is friendly to work in and I enjoyed myself working with people there.

Cons

The main thing that bugged me about working here is that you do not make the income they say. I was working a job making 11.50 an hour. When I was being interviewed here, the Manager said that I can easily make 12/hr which is a hourly pay plus commission. The only thing they failed to mention is you need to, on AVERAGE, sell over $1600 in product every 8 hour shift you work. Retails have their slow days in the weekdays so you know you are not making those numbers. Come my first paycheck, after having some great sale dates where I sold more then $2000 in product and averaging highest with my co-workers, my pay was just 7 cents above mininum wage. I left because they lied about the income I would make... You MUST average 1600 or higher on an 8 hour shift to break double digits, just work the math out for yourself! Also remember, you will be working on some hours where you are strictly helping doing inventory and they might pull you back off the floor too. So you will not always be on the sale floor. About 1/3 of your time could be spent in the back or on off hours and these negatively impact your sales as well.

Continue reading
    7 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great

Nov 28, 2021 - Area Manager in Wichita, KS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Environment, Guest Focused, The people

Cons

None, None, None, None, None, None

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Career, Terrible Boss

Nov 4, 2021 - Part Time Sales Associate in Saint Paul, MN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Clear career path with plenty of room to climb the hierarchy. Lots of teaching and coaching, you don't need any prior work experience as long as you can prove your social and willing to learn. Competitive and non repetitive. Hours can be flexible depending on how staffed your store is but expect to work nearly every weekend as a high school student which personally wasn't bad for me. You get 40% off all products

Cons

The management can make or break the Buckle experience, I had a decent store manager but I've traveled to other stores with horrible managers who really ruin everything that makes it worth working at Buckle. If you want to keep working with the company trying to get a full time position can be difficult if your young. After working a year at my position and proving to my manager I was capable of everything they expected of me and more I was denied a raise and a full time position. I had the third best sales only behind the two other full time mangers while I was only working an average of 20 hours a week. I was responsible for the buckle card department and made it to the elite 50 at a small volume store, I helped train new employees, and I would consistently fill in for peoples shift. At first I was not sure why I was denied the position but one of the store managers who left told me they denied me because they did not want to give an 18 year old a full time position because it was "risky". Not a very diverse job either, very rarely hired anyone who wasn't a white women.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about The Buckle.