The Buckle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Buckle

2.2

Sort:

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle in April 2014.

Interview

I was shopping in the store and an assistant manager told me I had the Buckle look and asked me if I was interested in a job, I said yes. She introduced me to the store manager who was actually leaving for lunch but she was very nice and we talked for a little while like what I would be interested in doing. Then the assistant had me fill out some information on an ipad and she said the application would be sent to my email. I received the email a day later and filled it out (you have to take a test!) after that I called and scheduled an interview for the following week. I wore clothes from the Buckle to my interview. The manager asked to take a look around the store. (I don't know what the point of that was she wasn't doing anything, I walked around feeling strange for a whole 15 minutes.) The interview was on the sales floor in the middle of the store. She asked me questions and we got along really great. She complimented me on my outfit. She rescheduled me for my second interview the following week. I showed up and this time my interview was towards the back of the store and a different assistant manager was there. We talked some more and she made an offer. The job was a 40% discount! I was offered minimum wage was 3% commission. They had a sales goal of $150/hr and wanted 3 shopping appointments a week scheduled. All in all since it would have been a full time job I just can't live off of such unsure pay rates. The manager was very nice and is still nice to me and asks me how I've been when I come in to shop.

Interview Questions

• She asked me if I had any questions for her and I asked how she got her job and what would be expected of me. She asked me pretty basic questions including what were my favorite brands.   Answer Question

The pay wasn't enough for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Buckle (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Thorough, I had 2 interviews but was only told in the second one that they weren't actually hiring for asst. manager and just temp during the Spring Break season. The manager asked intelligent questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply at buckle?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

I applied online for the assistant manager position. I was called for an interview right away. I was interviewed for about 15-20 minutes thinking it was for the full time position, then at the end of the interview I asked for more details about the position. The girl interviewing me then told me that they were only hiring for part time cashiers. I explained to her that I had applied for a specific position and her response was that they just keep all their positions on their application. I wouldn't have had an issue if she had told me all of this in the beginning of the interview or over the phone so I didn't have to waste my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Buckle (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2018.

Interview

It was so weird we had a interview on the floor one of the associates were on their phones instead of working she interviewed me and said she had more interviews to do that week that she would contact me in a week literally as soon as I left I received a email saying I won’t fit for the job so UNPROFESSIONAL

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to be in the
      Manager career   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview was about 5 minutes on the sales floor. A girl asked me about 10 questions and I felt like she absolutely doesn't care about the answers. She sounded like a robot reading questions by the script and after every answer I gave she commented with "Definitely!"....after every answer!!! By the end of the interview, I told her it's too far for me and won't work, but I may consider closer location. After that, she said you need to apply again then, which I found extremely odd. Before I left I asked what is the salary and been told they can not say before they hire me. Well, why will I waste my time to do application again without even knowing what do they pay. This place is a joke. Don't waste your time if you want a real job!

Interview Questions

• How your previous manager would describe you?   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last employer?   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Buckle? Why do you want to work for Buckle?   Answer Question

The Buckle Response

Mar 26, 2018 – Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you very much for your interview review. It is very important for us to gain valuable feedback.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience and this information is being passed on to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (The Woodlands, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

The process started off great, my first interview went really well. Then my second was rescheduled and when I came in neither of the managers I was supposed to interview with were there. My third was with the SM, she seemed very unorganized..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Stockton, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Pretty simple application process. I applied, got an email to set up an interview, and I called to schedule one. This was a new store opening so I went during my scheduled time to interview. I had two interviews within an hour timespan. After my interview I was told more information about when I should hear back by, the continuing hiring process, and about the store opening. Well, the timeframe passed and I never heard anything. No email. No phone call. So I called the store to follow up. I was once again told that I would get an email or phone call within two days. Well, 3 weeks later and I still never heard anything either way. I tried to follow up once again and no one answered the phone. I’m honestly disappointed by the lack of professionalism that the employees of Buckle have shown. There is no consideration for the candidate that took the time to apply and interview. Overall this was a very negative experience and affected my outlook on the company itself. I won’t be at Buckle for my jeans anymore. I will look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here if your degree is in Sociology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was done on sales the floor. Interview is scripted they read off paper that is printed from corporate website. Iteview last about 10 to 15 mins. After the interview most get a call the same day or shortly after. For a management interview expect a casual final interview with a district manager for. If u get to that point it is usually a meet and greet. Still make sure u treat is as your interviewing for the first time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about previous experience where you did not reach a goal. What did you do to overcome it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Hoover, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Was shopping as a consumer, started talking to girl who was helping me, said she thought I had good style, should apply, she was a recruiter for Buckle, gave me her name to use for a referral for online application. Introduced me to the store manager

Interview Questions

• Do I see myself as a competitive person?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick. I filled out an online application and received an email back the next day. We scheduled an interview for a couple days later, where I had a pretty casual interview on the sales floor with the store manager. She was really nice and the whole process was fairly easy going. She told me she would have to speak with her boss about me and would get back to me as soon as possible. She called me two days later saying that the job was mine if I wanted it.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were personality based, such as "tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple tasks at once," or "tell me about a time you had to work as part of a team."   1 Answer

While the job itself sounded like a really great opportunity, the pay unfortunately was too far from what I wanted. Pay there is commission based, so you are offered a base pay and are expected to make up the difference with how much product you sell. The base pay they offered me was $6.00 an hour, with 3% commission (they told me with my commission, I should expect to make $11.00 an hour) This was far too low to be able to pay my monthly bills and to start making payments on my student loans, so I had to decline the offer.