The Buckle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Buckle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.2

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

The interview happened on the sales floor after i receives an email and called them to schedule one. Applied online. Very basic interview questions, the lady at first was very nice but she seemed to be unaware of my interview when I approached her. It was hard to tell employees from workers because they wear stuff from the buckle. She seemed disinterested in what I had to say and might has well checked me off for no offer before we even started. Maybe it was my availability or she just didn't like me from the get go? Anyway emailed me a couple days later (she said the max was gonna be 48 hours) no offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Went in & I formed them of my interview the manager & manager in training both interviewed me. It seemed okay at first, however, they asked me questions that had no relation to the position I was applying for. After giving my answers they gave me that look like"is she done yet" did not seem interested in me at all or getting to know me. Told me that they had other interviews and I would know in 24hrs. I got an email an hour afterwards saying "they decided that I wasn't a fit for the position and decided to go elsewere, & thanked me for being a valued shopper". Interview took 5 min.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Buckle (Columbus, OH).

Interview

It was very direct, asked basic interview questions, however they were very casual and informal. They seemed to focus more on being able to make sales and work on commission rather than be able to focus on the customer and be able to understand and work with them.

FREIGHT COORDINATOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Manhattan, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewer was late. Interview took place on the sales floor. Since the job was recommended by an associate she listened in on the interview. The interview questions were mostly about my life/ job experience. Towards the end of the interview she told me the position I applied for had been filled and asked if I wanted to work as a sales associate. This is kind of were I biffed it. She caught me off guard and I didn't really have time to retool my answers and ended up coming off as clueless towards the end.

Interview Questions

• What is my education.   Answer Question
    • Describe each job I've had/ the experience I gained. (This was asked twice in two different ways)   Answer Question

Sales Teammate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to call and schedule an interview at the store. The interview was quick with basic questions. Took place in the back of the store, standing, with the manager. I was asked about ten questions and the whole interview only lasted about 5 minutes, was told I would be contacted by email after the interview.

Availability

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle.

Interview

As very general questions and about your past experience.You interview twice before being hired. The assistant manager for the first interview then the store manager. They call to schedule interviews and give you the position. They will send you an email if you did not get the position, usually that day or the next.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer? Describe the situation.   Answer Question

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email saying to call to schedule interview. When I arrived for the interview, they questioned if I had to correct date. (Seems they are disorganized) She began to ask me to wait and look around while she head to the back. Afterwards, we interviewed in the back (standing). Finally she informed me I would receive an answer within 24 hours. I didn't get the job, although I thought I did fantastic job...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, Tell us about yourself, Name some brands, How are you up to date about fashion ( A lot of questions about fashion related questions ).   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Orland Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I arrived a 1/2 hr early, the person who was to be interviewed before me didn't show so she interviewed me early. She said THEY weren't looking for a visual person, even though that is what was advertised and what I applied for. She said another store may be looking for a visual merchandiser. She gave me options for other stores and said she'd get back to me the beginning of February.

Interview Questions

• Tell her of one of my accomplishments in the past 5 years.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview took place on the sales floor around other employees and customers with loud music playing right across from us! It was extremely distracting and quite irritating. Would have never thought that would happen....................

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Bakersfield, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a basic interview. The questions were neither too difficult nor too simple. It was definitely a more loosely conducted interview as it was done on the sales floor. The questions were your basic interview questions. Overall, business casual or dress with items from the store.