- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
An Endless Game of "Who do you Know" in a Glorified Pyramid SchemeJan 26, 2016 - Financial Representative in Houston, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Flexible schedule. - Ability to create your own income (although commissions are below industry average). - Above average reimbursement program for marketing costs. - Not-for-profit company that gives a lot back.
- Corporate leaders are out of touch and rarely helpful, but push advisors to attend corporate meetings. - Extremely high turnover rate can be de-motivating. - All advisors are pushed to sell annuities and life insurance over any other financial planning tool. - Compensation is unethically higher on Insurance products. - You will feel like you are pedaling annuities. - Little to no recognition for brokerage and investment business. - Production minimums on Life, Health, and Annuity products. - No leads are given to you, you will be calling your friends and family and networking. - Marketing techniques can be degrading and demotivating. - Do not take this job if you are looking to be a financial planner. You will market yourself 80% of the time and create plans 20% of the time. You will feel that your plans must include variable annuities or life insurance. You will find yourself feeling pressured to sell annuities for the wrong reasons.Continue reading
- Current Intern★★★★★Nov 8, 2022 - Office ProfessionalRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
great office environment, very flexible schedule
I don't have any cons.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Nov 23, 2022 - Financial AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
-People are great -Mission is second to none -Some very competitive life insurance products -Action teams really make all the difference -Can definitely make a great living if you bust your butt for a few years
-Training provided is to get a meeting, not to understand products and how they help people -You need to start with family and friends -Very micromanagement-type environmentContinue reading