Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 10 years

Special Forces Engineer Sergeant

Jan 29, 2015 - Special Forces Engineer Sergeant in Fort Campbell, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Living by "big boy" rules, increased responsibility, more exclusive and much harder to get into, pay is much more than regular Army, general job satisfaction, insane amount of benefits.

Cons

Some of the higher-ups can be boneheads(just like any other job though), time away from family, sometimes you get put into dangerous situations.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Love it

Apr 22, 2021 - Clinical Ops
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love to serve my country

Cons

None besides deploying overseas although that’s fun as well

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Career with Doing

Apr 21, 2021 - Senior Adviser/Command Sergeant Major
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro, to me, is the challenge of the job itself. Every day is day one....once you learn a new skill or feel comfortable, get ready for a move to intellectually you again. Another unknown is that once you begin to be a careerists the pay is great!!! Go to an Army base and look at the lifestyle being lived. I know Soldiers who bought I home everywhere they went and now they own three to five houses. I did not do buy a house until recently. The point is, once you make SSG and up the pay keeps getting better and better. I make over $110,000 a year as an enlisted Soldier with 29 years of service. You will not make that much, when you come in, but hang in there and perform and you will. I am 46 and will retire next month (May 2021). I am set!!! Training--you will train your tail off....get ready. Leader development--the big green machine has a Soldier Life Cycle that is funded and I did not know about until I was old and crusty. You will go to institutional leader training for every promotion almost past E-4. Get ready. I can go on and on, but like any job there are cons--see below

Cons

Your time in the Army will fly by. You will not realize you are old until you are retiring. That said, it can be hard to find harmony with your personal life and the Army. You have to balance and harmonize your life with your duties in the Army.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about US Army.