Found 40,876 of over 43K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The benefits are great and being part of a team that cares about you is awesome." (in 5144 reviews)
- "Company will not fold; you may enjoy working with Soldiers and veterans; pay is good" (in 1456 reviews)
- "I met some great people and have done things I never thought that I would do!" (in 982 reviews)
- "You can get great training that will help you excel on the outside and also money for college." (in 981 reviews)
- "As long as you do what you are supposed to and do it well then there is great job security." (in 934 reviews)
- "Long hours and away from family and the pay doesn't fit the job you are required to do" (in 2934 reviews)
- "Toxic leadership in both the (senior) NCO and Officer Corps... double standards." (in 1994 reviews)
- "deployment and long hours of work away from family" (in 866 reviews)
- "No work/life balance or care if employees are unable to progress due to work requirements." (in 712 reviews)
- "poor management sometimes and sometimes poor execution" (in 252 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of US Army and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 29, 2023Field Artillery OfficerFormer Employee
Experience gained ahead of peers as an Officer. No one gets to lead a team at 22 years old
You do what you're told. Hold on for the ride
- 1.0Sep 16, 2023Quality AssuranceCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsDugway, UT
They will take anyone and somehow it will work. Retirement Benefits although not so much now. Leave Benefits yes... Health Benefits Yes although expensive now. Serving your country should be a patriotic duty not an emotional sacrifice.
Time Away from home; Ridiculous circumstances you deal with on a regular basis, drains your creativity. Government does not want you to solve problems, they want you to become a mental case. When I tell people what work is like, I say it is "ridicules". I have allot of examples/stories of the work "ridicules". I try not to tell the stories anymore. I have wasted my life (37 years uniform and civilian).
US Army Reviews FAQs
US Army has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 43,288 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at US Army to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
66% of US Army employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated US Army 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.