US Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,557 Interview Reviews

2.1

13b Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Said sign me up and they handed me paperwork and I wasn't off to job training five days later. All you need is your family background info and your own and then fill out packet and take ASVAB

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gillette, WY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Gillette, WY).

Interview

The interview process for the military is very extensive, when compared to other processes. There are the moral qualifications that you must pass, the mental aptitude, and medical screening. While there are a few exceptions and a common saying is that there is a waiver for everything, you still must qualify. Most of the time it is easier to get into a career or college then it is the military.
    After you have your phone interview, which only lasts about 5 minutes, you will come in for a face-to-face interview that will last about an hour to an hour and a half. During this time, you will see if this is what you are really wanting to do, and if you do qualify. After your face-to-face interview if you are selected to move forward, you will have to then take a four-hour test known as the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery test or the ASVAB. One you pass this test you will then have a medical examination that is paid for by the employer, that is very intensive and lasts about 6 hours. Once you pass all qualifications and are still interested in employment as a military service member then you will select an occupation from a list you qualify based off your ASVAB score and the needs of the military at that said moment.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever now or ever in your life been arrested, detained, or held by the police, FBI, or any other U.S. Government official for any reason?   1 Answer

Enlisted Military Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Medina, OH).

Interview

Streamlined, mostly the same for everyone, mostly tests and paperwork to determine eligibility to enter military and jobs you would be a good fit in. Job placement is based off aptitude and potential.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from the recruiter and then face to face interview with personnel at the branch office. Once there I had to take an electrician's exam. The interviewers reviewed my resume and offered a higher position that was not yet open

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The interview for the military, was basically they asked what you would like to do in the military. Do you know anything about it? They you that there is a test, so this would show what jobs you qualify for.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about it?   1 Answer

12B Combat Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kannapolis, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Kannapolis, NC).

Interview

The process was quick, friendly and entertaining. Met a lot of people at the in-processing station. It was fun to interact with so many different personalities from all over. Many who never experienced cold, snow or even very hot weather

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to be a Soldier   1 Answer

HUMINT Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

There is an extensive process where the Army verifies that you are capable of entering the service. This includes a physical, drug screening, and various other tests. Once you are cleared to work for the Army the recruitment process is fairly quick.

UAV Operator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army.

Interview

Took a test called the ASVAB and scored a 120 GT score. Then the recruiter pulled up a list of available jobs for that score. Then once I picked the job I wanted, the paperwork was started.

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

No interview, go to a recruiter and they will take care of you. As long as you are not a convicted sex offender or felon then you will be good to go.

Solider Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meadville, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Meadville, PA).

Interview

Do research and find a recruiter, then contact said recruiter, then go to recruiting office and talk to the recruiter, then answer questions, then turn and go to MEPS after answering questions, answer more questions, sign paperwork, get looked at by doctors, go back to the recruiting office, sign more paperwork, wait for ship out date, then leave to basic training, then AIT, then go to unit after trained, start work.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been a drug dealer or an escort?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been convicted of a felony?   1 Answer