US Army Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,693 Interview Reviews

2.1

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army (Omaha, NE) in January 2012.

Interview

interviewing one on one with a 3 star admiral. this was important. if you spend a lot of time with a primary your personalities need to mesh. your primary also needs to know that you have the mental fortitude to understand complex concepts they deal with and you will some times be called to help is a decision process.

Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at US Army (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Lengthy, but deliberate and concise. Military aide interviews are some of the most arduous and drawn out. Since, you're going to be aiding a General in his day to day activities.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest task you've had to get over in the Army? And Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter, they offer me a skill in infantry and I denied it due to I wanted to be an aircraft mechanic in a heavy lift helicopter. I did an IQ test which was easy, I also did a health physical, and a cursory background check to ensure I did not have any outstanding lawsuit or a criminal record.

Interview Questions

• The physical fitness test which consists of push-ups, sit-ups and a 2 mile run.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at US Army (Wichita Falls, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The Army recruiter that I spoke to was very friendly and helpful. I was asked what made me come in and talk to them. The interview process was very friendly and cordial. I was provided all the information that I asked in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• 1. Are you a US citizen? Do you have any proof?
      2. Why do you want to serve?
      3. What is the highest level of education you have attained?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Army (Tampa, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

You will sit down with a recruiter who will ask you multiple questions to ensure that you are eligible for the position. You will then take a test to see where you place on an overall scale of what jobs you may be compatible for.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever used illegal drugs   1 Answer

Commissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Snelling, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at US Army (Fort Snelling, MN) in July 2009.

Interview

Civilians seeking to gain a commission in the U.S. Army will have to complete the minimum standard on the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) with your Army recruiter, a background check, and a board review at your Military Entry Processing Station (MEPS). Once the board makes its recommendation you will ship off to basic training and then go immediately to Officer Candidate School

Interview Questions

• "What if I told you that you would deploy, be exposed to combat, and end up giving you life as a result, would you still take the job?"   Answer Question

Commissioned Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Army (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process for the military altogether is non-standard. It's a long process in which you're evaluated to determine your competency as a future leader. It's not a perfect process and incompetent individuals still get through, but the challenges in the process are still present.

Interview Questions

• What type of leader are you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only negotiation portion included competing for your Branch (line of business) of choice.

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Army (Newport News, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

It was very informal. They LTC wanted to get a feel for the type of person i am. What are my future goals and how they compare with unit I might command. The LTC spoke of different senarios and how i went about solving them.

Interview Questions

• What are you weaknesses? And what would you do to grow from them   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotations

Company Commander Interview

Interview

The hiring process differs in the Army compared to the civilian sector. Company Command is a necessity in order to advance to the next rank within the basic branches. Too often BN commanders evaluate the candidates based on their OERs, reputation, past performance, physical fitness, and year group. If a opening is available the candidate who is next in the seat, more often than not, will be selected. Once I was selected the BN Commander called me in his office for a basic meet and greet followed by a 3-mile run and 30 minute gym session the next mooring. He basically tested if I possessed the physical and mental fitness to lead his Soldiers.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult "I got you" question. I can't stress enough that Company Command is a necessity and approximately 80% of captains will be afford the opportunity to lead America's most valuable resource " The American Soldier".   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Army (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

the process was pretty easy, had to attend a board and the questions were not that difficult. I prepared before the interview and got advice from other people. it went well and the board was understanding of the situation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase