Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

This is the worst company to work for.

Mar 16, 2015 - Cashier in Pensacola, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only benefit was getting a discount on groceries, but it was still more expensive then other stores.

Cons

The management was terrible, they didn't care what anyone was doing. They just sat in the office most of the time. The pay was low. The store had a weird smell to it. I never received my W-2 form and now I have to pay $10 to get a new one.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Winn-Dixie Response

Specialist, Talent Attraction

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. At Winn-Dixie, the associate discount is only one of many company perks our associates receive. We are constantly working to improve prices in order to continue to offer our customers only the freshest and highest quality groceries. Our company offers industry competitive compensation. Each one of our stores is a family, and like a family, we may not always agree with each other, but we work together to deliver the best shopping experience to our customers. Our store leaders are hired and trained to coach and develop their teams to the best of their ability and lead their stores to success. We truly appreciate your feedback; we are always looking for ways to improve.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company to work for

Feb 18, 2021 - Butcher/Meatcutter in Brunswick, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay and benefits as well as bonuses

Cons

Not enough dedecated employers at winndixie

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0

Poor management, incredibly stressful

May 4, 2021 - NONE in Auburn, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a place that's always hiring

Cons

bad management, bad employee discount (only 5% off), they'll overschedule you constantly. don't care about the fact that many employees are students. customers are rude a lot of the time. despite what job you get hired to do you WILL end up doing stocking, unloading trucks, cleaning, any other thing they're too cheap to hire a separate employee for. Don't take sexual harassment claims seriously. Upon my concern that a fellow employee had quit because of being harassed by an old man who worked in produce (he no longer works there for separate reasons, i assume) I was told "well you don't know if that's true" and when I expressed concern for my safety working in close quarters to him (in floral, where stock comes in through the produce freezer) I was dismissed and told not to worry about it and to just ignore it in a very sarcastic tone.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Winn-Dixie.