Empower Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Jonathan Cronstedt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "There is no job or work family like Empower Network simply amazing."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empower Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth and the knowledge I have obtained. I have learned so much. Traveling to great destinations for Events and meeting the most inspirational and motivating people. Great benefits and tools provided to get the job done.

Cons

The really is not a negative thing that I can say. I enjoy what I do and the team I work with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.

"Actual former corporate employee. NOT an affiliate."

Pros

Decent pay, but that's about it.

Cons

There is an utter lack of communication from management and upper level corporate down to lower level employees. More often than not I had no idea what was going on and had no way to communicate to members who flooded the support inbox with questions. So many times the founder would announce the launch of a new product or an upcoming webcast and the support staff would find out along with the affiliates or sometimes afterwards. How are we supposed to effectively do our job if we don't have any clue about what is going on?

The constantly change made it difficult to keep up with and do job efficiently which ties into what I stated before. Instead of focusing on what they had that worked and perfecting it, they constantly were pushing new products, new compensation plans, new everything. Which sometimes would fall flat because they were horribly rushed. Promises were broken to affiliates constantly on dates when these new products would be launched.

There was just an uncomfortable feeling in my gut whenever "new and innovative" marketing strategies came out to attract new affiliates to the program. They definitely toe that ethical line and more often than not cross that line.

Management is just a mess. More often than not they were caddy and manipulative. When you start they make you feel like you're walking into a family and they're welcoming you with open arms. But after a few months I began to see how fake they were and that they definitely didn't have my back like they had claimed. There was maybe ONE good manager in the whole company, but they left as well.

Overall I never liked telling people what I did and who I worked for and constantly dodged the question because when I explained what the company did it sounded like the scam it is. And I never wanted to be associated with it. (You don't realize how much of a scam they are until it's too late and you're several weeks or months into your employment. It's a gradual eye opening process.)

Advice to Management

Learn how to communicate and perhaps go take some classes on how to be a successful and professional manager. Between lack of time management, constantly leaving employees in the dark on what's going on in the company and over all unprofessionalism there's A LOT of room for improvement.

"ACTUAL Former Employee with EN Corporate"

I worked at Empower Network full-time

Pros

-Great pay
    -Opportunities to travel
    -I worked with SOME genuinely nice people.

Cons

Before I get into it, I want to let you know that I am a former employee of Empower Network... not just a former affiliate nor someone who bought into their scheme and am unhappy with the results. I legitimately worked for their corporate office and was paid directly by EN. I see many reviews here submitted by people who are merely affiliates and do not truly know what is happening behind the scenes.

During my time with EN, I learned that a) it is 100% a pyramid scheme and the owner (Dave Wood) is sitting on the very top, raking in the money from his massive downline that pretty much encompasses anyone who has ever signed up. B) Dave Wood is the most unpredictable and aloof individual I have ever seen (not exactly the type of person I would want owning a company I'm giving thousands upon thousands of dollars to). He would often announce changes or new platforms, trainings, etc. and the corporate office would be completely in the dark about it. If at times it felt like the support agents or department heads had no idea what was going on, it was probably because they truly didn't. C) The environment within the corporate office was friendly on the surface however there were several spineless and two-faced individuals in every department that made things uncomfortable and sometimes even hostile. The management within the corporate office was disorganized, catty, and unprofessional and these were the people representing the company publicly. The lack of experience & professionalism within the corporate walls alone should be enough to make anyone wary of doing business with them.

I believe it is worth noting that word has gotten out that Dave Wood admitted that the company is in a bad spot. It's really not a surprise. Plus, rating Jonathan Cronstedt is pointless now because he jumped ship a while ago.

Advice to Management

Stop doing what you are doing. Get some proper training.

"A network marketing company"

Former Employee - Business Owner in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Owner in San Diego, CA

I worked at Empower Network part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting live events and lots of inspiring speeches are delivered. The message is basically the same. Sell more.

Cons

Way too many to list here.

"This Company Is A Total Scam, Inside And Out."

Pros

Good Pay, free dinners and free stuff all the time (no-one was managing all the money that was spent on unnecessary items), had lots of fun on the job (was able to get away with doing hardly any work), traveled a lot

Cons

This place was founded and is run by high school flunkies that have zero business sense. The owners of the company were so aloof; it was clear that they made millions in the course of 2 years without a lot of actual legitimate work, and it went to their heads. They were never in the office and were hardly aware of what was happening at the company. They hire people that are totally unqualified to have decision making positions they hold.

The business is based on a pyramid scheme, and this mentality pervades the business decisions and hiring process (lots of dishonest people work there). Most of the lower totem pole employees are fed lies, and they don't really seem to understand how much of a scam the company business model really is. I could tell stories of dishonesty that would appall, but there is not enough space to type. This company won't be around long, it's a sinking ship. Don't work there.

Advice to Management

Stop

6. "My experience has be very positive, insightful, and fun!"

Current Employee - Compliance in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Compliance in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empower Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team of coworkers, positive energy pouring from the pores of employees, growing and learning experience, travel to events every 90-days, amazing benefits!

Cons

nothing; well wait, we don't get our birthday off ;)

Advice to Management

Please continue what you're doing. I am a very satisfied employee and hope to further my future and career here at Empower Network!

7. "Growing & Evolving with Empower Network"

Current Employee - Training & Quality Assurance in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Training & Quality Assurance in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empower Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*The company treats all employees like family.
    *Most decisions within the company are made with employees in mind.
    *Opportunities for growth within the organization.
    *Flexibility with sick days, vacation, emergencies, etc.
    *Opportunity to travel all over the country, with expenses paid.
    *Casual work environment.
    *Everyone's ideas and input are considered when provided.
    *Constant innovation in ALL AREAS!

Cons

*Some decisions are made by company leadership without consulting other departments.
    *The above can result in miscommunication, confusion, and some clean up work.

Advice to Management

Free up the flow of communication to allow for all departments to share their two cents before new features are implemented, or big decisions are made. Different perspectives allow for a more dynamic and effective decision-making process.

8. "Amazing Company to work for!!"

Current Employee - Compliance Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Compliance Administrator in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empower Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits!! The opportunity to travel several times a year is a huge bonus as well. Also I have never worked with such a great group of people :)

Cons

There is no downside to working for this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Thank you for allowing me to be apart of this great company!

"Customer Support"

Former Employee - Customer Support Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Support Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

.....ummm.....nothing other than ok pay and benefits

Cons

Where do I start? Before the "Change" in the company it use to be an AMAZING place to work. However change in management really changed the whole environment of the place. Im trying to put this as professional as I can....It is a company ran by people who have no idea what they are doing. Mangers are a joke as they are barely out of high school and have no idea how to manage anything. The work environment is great if you love stress and no communication EVER from your boss or higher up. Im going to leave it at that. Work there if you want to, however everyone who was working their they fired them for no reason except that they could not mold those people into puppets or they quit due to the company it has turned into.

Advice to Management

Needs to get communication and some knowledge of what they are suppose to be managing.

10. "A+++++ Employer"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Empower Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Empower Network treats the employees like assets. Most companies will treat employees like they are recyclable and replaceable. EN promotes from with-in & invest a lot of time into training the employees into their new positions. We have an Awesome CEO & Founder. Our CEO provides lunch for us EVERY Wednesday to keep up the team mentality and to make sure we are all in the same room at least once a week. If you work hard at EN, you will go far.

Cons

I do not have one single complaint about my job or this company. I love the staff & affiliates!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! :)