Enable Reviews | Glassdoor

Enable Reviews

Found 16 reviews

3.3
Lisa A. Coscia, MA
  1. "Review of Enable, Inc."

I have been working at Enable full-time

Pros

Enable is a friendly place to work with professional staff, mutual respect, and high energy. Working here has been a great experience and the health and safety of our consumers is our main focus. Looking forward to the future of Enable and the continued support we provide to consumers and families. I would recommend you to apply to work at Enable and be a part of the overall support to consumers and families.

Cons

Although Enable has had some change in the recent months, the changes have been positive and there is a strong vision for positive growth moving forward.

Enable2017-12-06
  2. "I enjoyed"

Former Employee - Job Coach in Somerville, NJ

I worked at Enable full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I worked for Life Skills Resource Center before it was bought out by Enable. Honestly loved the job. Co-workers were great and the clients were fun to work with. It was a challenging job to deal with behaviours from clients, but the good days made the bad ones worth it. It's been a year and I still miss it.

Cons

I mean, the pay isn't great, but it's about average for the industry. It's not something you go into for the money

Enable2019-02-02
  3. "Enable Review"

I have been working at Enable full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Genuinely cares about people with disabilities and having them live more independent lives in the community.

Cons

In the middle of a transition period but a change for the better as the company moves forward.

Enable2017-12-19
  4. "Low Pay, High Stress"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Enable full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The only thing that made this place remotely tolerable was the regular (non-management) staff. They were fantastic people and very hard workers.

Cons

-Low, stagnant wages & lack of upward mobility. -Top-heavy, penny-pinching, babyboomer-centric management (too much control and too far removed from the needs/wants of consumers and general employees; delineate WAY too much of their own work onto general staff because they aren't knowledgeable enough to complete their own assignments; spend 99% of their day in meetings and emerge with no resolutions; stuck in old marketing,...

Advice to Management

Acquire some much-needed new, sharper skills in leadership, effective communication, technology, marketing, and budgeting.

Enable2017-10-04
  5. "Great Work Environment"

Current Employee - Director of Special Events in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Enable part-time for more than 4 years

Pros

In my 3 years with Enable, I have found management to be supportive and there are many opportunities for advancement within the company. I love supporting the mission and feeling like I am making a difference in people with disabilities' lives.

Cons

Non-profit may pay less than corporate work but the culture is way better!

Enable2017-03-20
  6. "Community Living Specialist"

Former Employee - Community Living Specialist in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Enable full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great opportunity to work with individuals with developmental disabilities and to make a difference. Very friendly and relaxed work environment. Flexible schedules and coverage. Overtime opportunities

Cons

Organizational structure is terrible. There is no sense of leadership or management from he higher ups.

Enable2017-03-15
  7. "Horrible work environment"

Former Employee - N/A in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Enable full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Other then the individuals served and a few good employees there are very little pros

Cons

Upper management is toxic! If they don't like an employee they will set them up to punish them. Upper management does not at all manage the managers or employees below. No advice or guidance. Changes are made and not communicated.

Advice to Management

See the employees you have. Work on making them stronger with actual guidance. Management should actually spend time onsite to have a full understanding of the challenges rather then just sit in the office and ignore the issues. Have an understanding that life needs to be balanced but for everyone and not just management. Upper management should pay more attention to the games played.

Enable2017-03-16
  8. "Community Living Specialist"

I worked at Enable part-time

Pros

Gaining a lot of work hours

Cons

Very poor team work among coworkers

Advice to Management

None

Enable2017-02-10
  9. "Personal. Assistant"

Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Syracuse, NY

I worked at Enable part-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Loved working with the handicapped. The experience was wonderful and the employers were great people.

Cons

Some hours were bad for me. Never really had a problem with this employer or any other employees .

Advice to Management

Always keep your head high. Never let any one crush your dreams. Always look forward to what you can do for your self and some one else in the present and future. There are only a few good people left in this world.

Enable2017-01-18

"Community Living Specialist"

I worked at Enable full-time

Pros

-Great to get started in the industry -Clients are generally appreciative, and great to work with -Coworkers are hardworking and fun to work with

Cons

-Disorganized management, disconnect between main office and staff -Very low pay -No promotion from within -Clients suffer boredom due to lack of funds for activities

Advice to Management

-Please care more about the staff you hire, consider paying a living wage to retain competent staff

Enable2016-10-26