EventPro Strategies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 9, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jessica Browder-Stackpoole

Pros
  • Lots of opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced industry (in 3 reviews)

• The office has such a great energy, it is always a joy to come into work and see your fellow employees (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • You're expected (and told) to keep your work issued cell phone on you at all times (in 3 reviews)

• Getting paid is a bit of a challenge (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great opportunities for temporary work!!"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at EventPro Strategies part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of really cool events and great opportunities in California. All the internal employees are very friendly and helpful when needed.

Cons

Since moving to a new app it has been difficult to see events, get details about the event and check-in. I think the staff in the field are confused and need additional direction.

Advice to Management

More training and opportunities for your brand staff.

2. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at EventPro Strategies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful management style and consistent meetings to help employees improve on their performance. It is such a community, and management gives tons of opportunities to get credit for hard work or a great job. There are weekly meetings to make sure everyone is on the same page, and if there are issues, anyone is willing to help out.

Cons

There are no downsides for working here!

Advice to Management

Nothing! Everything is so great, and this company is truly wonderful!

3. "Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at EventPro Strategies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

EPS is a mid-size company, so every employee is visible. Those who show leadership and dedication are quickly recognized and promoted, as the company is growing quickly.

Cons

Extremely fast-paced industry means that you are busy. This company is best for people who are good at staying calm under pressure and keeping their eye on the 'prize'.

Advice to Management

Make sure employees know how much business EPS has in the pipeline so they understand the potential for upward mobility.

5. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at EventPro Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture that just keeps getting better! Lots of growth right now so exciting time to be at the company. Everyone is super tight at the company, and new people are immediately welcomed. Feels like you are going to work with your friends. Flex days are good. Casual environment, lots of pot luck lunches, fun events, and a company that believes in giving back. Weekly company meetings and tons of shout outs to show appreciation from everyone. I get to work with cool talent and clients from all over the country, and be involved in making killer experiences happen!

Cons

You will have your cell phone attached to you at all times . We are dealing with people. People can do things that are frustrating.

Advice to Management

Excited for you to figure out the nights and weekends rotations and other solutions.

6. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at EventPro Strategies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun people, casual environment. Everyone works hard, but they have a sense of humor. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced industry. Good pay and on the job training. Management is always around (in a good way) to answer questions and give advice.

Cons

No 401k yes, but Management seems to be working on getting one in place.

7. "Over worked and Under Paid"

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Chandler, AZ

I worked at EventPro Strategies (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary is good for entry level

Cons

Too much work for each person

Mar 9, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Hi - thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are glad you felt that the pay for your position was good. On your second note, there is no doubt that the event industry is extremely demanding ... More

8. "My review"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at EventPro Strategies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WORK IN FUN PLACES all over the place

Cons

Low hours now used to be full time

Advice to Management

Get full time back on track

Mar 17, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thank you for the input!

9. "Executive Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Excellent team. Business casual work evironment. Many opportunities for lateral position moves. Flexible schedules. Offered many incentives for employees to assist in company growth.

Cons

High employee overturn. Upper management did not pay enough attention to large details which at times affected employee/team morale. Beyond disorganized virtual filing system.

Advice to Management

Need to hold regular full staff meetings to ensure entire team is on the same page.

Jan 28, 2016

We appreciate your feedback regarding your employment at EPS. We are always working on ways to improve as a company and to provide our team members with a positive working environment that they can ... More

"TERRIBLE - DO NOT WORK FOR THEM"

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

The only pro was that another company that was involved with the event grilled them because no ambassadors got paid (2 got paid and shorted), and were threatening to not work the event anymore, thus they'd have no staff (1/3 of the staff is left).

Cons

TERRIBLE! They are so disorganized, their employees didn't set up my direct pay which I sent in 2 weeks in advanced, I worked with 4 different points of contact in 1 week. The employees do not care about people getting paid on time, they don't care about no shows, all they care about is covering their selves when they get in trouble by their boss!

They have NO screening process, I had two people come to work that were on drugs and didn't get removed until enough people emailed/called them to complain. They are so unprofessional, any company that works with them will ultimately be represented terribly!

It might be enticing if they say they'll pay you 20-24$ but I'm telling you, it is NOT worth the disorganization, horrible leadership, and late/no pay.

I will never work for this company again.

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a company - if you treat employees this way, you will get only the worst of the worst working for you.

Jan 6, 2016

EventPro Strategies apologizes for any negative experiences in working with us. Our internal teams at EPS are trained to acknowledge and relay the payment process after events have been executed. We ... More

11. "a whole fiscal quarter to get paid... really??"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I enjoyed the BA's/team leads I worked with and you can book some great events.

Cons

Event pro is a third party promotional company that hires brand ambassadors for local or national events. When looking at their site and your employment opportunities it would appear that you do not get paid for 30 - 60 days (which is a pretty long time). Most people, which included me, are patient and still accept the job postings. 60 days fly by and, could you believe it, your check has not arrived. You call and call and get cruddy answers from people who don't care. The general answer from employees is that they quote 90 day turn times for your check. I'm not sure when they quote that, but this must be some kind of small disclaimer because it often seems that nobody working for them expects it to take that long. I mean, common... an entire quarter to get paid?? that is just ridiculous!!! Don't quote me but it would seem as if EPS is holding our money for interest purposes and I think that is extremely shady business practices. No other promotional company I have worked for pays so inconsistently, and not to mention I worked extremely hard for EPS. I dont like being one to complain but this company boils my blood. I do not advise you work for them, or if you do, please don't expect to be paid within a reasonable time frame.

Advice to Management

Pay your brand ambassadors!!!!!!!!

Jan 28, 2016

We completely understand your frustration regarding the payment delays that we were experiencing in the third and fourth quarters of 2015. During that time, we were delayed on 8% of our program ... More