Excel Midstream Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Piping Designer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Piping Designer in Houston, TX

I worked at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Flexible on work hours and very family oriented. Would work there again without hesitation.

Cons

I had no cons for this job at all.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing, wish you all well.

2. "Former Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with. Management really cares and dedicate themselves to their employees. Great pay, good benefits, challenging projects.

Cons

You find this problem at almost every company, a little bit of a buddy system going on.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"God Complex"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Katy, TX

I worked at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with
    High pay due to lack of benefits

Cons

Terrible Benefits
    President has a "God" complex, there is nothing that they have never done and a master of everything.
    If you are not personal friends (outside of the office) with the President, you will be the first to go, no matter who messed up.
    Environment is ruled by fear from the top. Be quiet and do as you are told.
    President expects all employees to sacrifice (personal time, family, kids, etc.) for the company, no matter what.

Advice to Management

No advice can be given to Management, they are the problem!!

"Great place to be, good working atmosphere, flexible to individual employee's personal life."

Current Employee - Design in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Design in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young company with many options for growth. Fexible working hours, good pay compensation, comparable benefits for the industry. Company has more than doubled in size in the first year of my employment.

Cons

No Cons. No complaints at all.

Advice to Management

Continue on the current direction and continue to grow the company into a midsize engineering firm. Continue with the open line of communcication with all employees.

"Excellent opportunity to help build one of the new stars in oil & gas engineering."

Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of meaningful work with some of the best managers, engineers and designers in the business. The standards are high but so are the rewards. The management has assembled an excellent team hand-picked from several other top firms. The atmosphere is friendly, slightly competitive and saturated with the confidence one would expect from truly competent professionals. As the industry is very fluid, most of these people have worked together earlier in their careers – resulting in excellent communications.

Cons

Work at a start-up company in an "at will" employment state may not be for everybody - you get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Keep carefully vetting prospective employees - we only want the best.

"Life is good."

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The wages, people and the atmosphere here at Excel Midstream Solutions are great! The owner and upper managment are very flexible, personable and really down to earth when talking to them. I really enjoy working here and look forward to a what my future holds with Excel Midstream solutions...

Cons

At work as in life you cannot choose family members, neighbors and in most cases co-workers. There are always a few bad apples anywhere you go. This place is no different...

Advice to Management

Please continue to weed out the bad apples around here. Thank you for allowing me to be part of the Excel Midstream Solutions Team!!!

"It is a wonderful place to work and a good family to be part of."

Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a young and smaller company, so you have that close relationship with your co-workers and everyone has to care about the product being sent out the door for the entire company to be successful. If you have a concern or issue the door is defiantly open to management, you are heard, and the situation is promptly addressed. They have a flexible schedule and are willing to work with each individual’s specific needs. The pay is good and over time is available if wanted. The company strives to use the latest technology and offers its employees many ways to learn new things.

Cons

The company only lacks a few perks that a larger company would have, but I am sure as it grows it will gain those perks and continue to be a very competitive employer.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"A Satisfying Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excel Midstream is a very nice place to work. The atmosphere even has a welcoming aurora as well as the employees making you geniunely feel pleasantly connected to each other. It's a place to advance, contribute to the development and growth and feel like it's truly appreciated by the management and staff. I hope to stay here until I retire!

Thank you Excel for opening up and welcoming me into your family.

Cons

We could use more automated processes/procedures to produce project reports and documentation, generate project AP and AR documents as well as personnel information to manage our records more efficiently.

Advice to Management

I applaud you for your persistence to develop this company and make it a place that is well rounded in it's abilities and personnel members; who possesses an array of skills, knowledge and experience that can enhance the success and productive growth of this Company.

"Very satisifed, great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excel Midstream is a very strong provider of oil and gas engineering services, that strives to be best in class while maintain a harmonious work environment for its employees. This is the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

As with most start-up companies, some of the work processes are still in development. These processes are expected to be in place next year which will help further support company growth.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the good work!

"Steadily growing but maintains the mom & pop shop feeling"

I have been working at Excel Midstream Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Flexible hours
    Vacation Time in addition to Sick Time
    Great Pay
    VPN
    Opportunities to learn different fields
    Most of all - Everyone is polite, professional, friendly and will stop what their doing to assit/guide in the time of need

Cons

The option to purchase stock via payroll deduct

Advice to Management

Not advice but more of a compliment - Considering what Mgmt had when they started and where they are today they have done a fantastic job!