Executive Jet Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 1, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Brian Hirsh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Flight Center is a fast paced environment. The job can be challenging, but you leave work each day feeling accomplished and I certainly feel valued by each of my managers. If fact, all the managers are good human beings, care for their employees and just like us have a challenging position. The company is poised for good growth and the benefits / pay is good!

Cons

Some negative attitudes in the company, but a large majority are great people who work hard. You'll find the negative people and underperformers anywhere really. I anticipate management will probably be weeding these people out soon. Everyone knows who they are.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and weed out the underperformers who blame everyone else under the sun but themselves.

2. "captain"

Current Employee - Captain in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Captain in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Professional and safety conscious organization.

Cons

The pay scale is average to slightly below average- not near the top of the industry standard.

3. "Don’t Listen to the Naysayers, it’s a Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The company is investing time, effort and money in the employees through management training, which I’ve found very valuable, bonuses and career development.

- I’ve been given the opportunity to represent the company at industry events, which was a little nerve-racking, but overall a good experience.

- I feel valued by my department and specifically my Team.

Cons

- It’s a tough location if you want to leave for lunch, as there aren’t many options in the area.

Advice to Management

If you have employees that aren’t performing and are miserable (like several reviews on here) encourage them to leave. It brings down the morale in the department and we’re all too busy already to pick up their slack.

4. "Not a good place anymore"

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Free lunches occasionally. Backed by Birk

Cons

Leadership - or should I say lack their of. Having been here close to 10yrs I can honestly say most of the negative reviews here are mostly accurate. Company is understaffed in many areas most “managers” are that in title only and do nothing to run their departments as they should. They recently sent them through manager training with a 3rd party and that seems to have done nothing and I’ve heard many of them bashing it and dreading attending the classes. In many departments the majority of the people are unhappy and looking elsewhere for work. There is no collaboration between departments and as a whole the company is very inefficient and no one knows who does what.

Zero development - if you want to move up you just better stay on ride side of management cause there is zero development or succession planning here. Almost everyone with tenure in the company has bailed out and moved on in the past year. Almost everyone in my dept has been applying for new jobs cause there is no future here. Most departments have zero training programs to teach from which only makes it worse. Employee reviews are between a joke and non existent and no mater what you score you will get the same crappy raise that someone who was at the bottom got.

No projects gain traction long enough to work, with the revolving door of CEOs since I’ve been here the direction of the company is constantly changing. The suits in Columbus strangle this company and prevent it from growing or developing as a normal company would. Pretty sure if AJ could “undercover boss” this place he would be mind blown at how dysfunctional it really is.

Technology - plain and simple there is none which is mind blowing for this size company this day in age. We are advanced as a 10yr old copy of MS Office.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you are soo good at what you do, get out and truly engage the employees and find out what it’s really like. At the rate things are going I think it’s a real possibility this company does not exist in a few years. People here are tired of the BS from management in the meetings we see what’s really going on daily and we are no buying your BS.

You wouldn’t need to send out employee surveys if you were in touch with employees and actually had a clue of what really goes on in each dept and how people felt.

EJM was once a great company full of wonderful talented individuals but now it’s a stepping stone along ones aviation career journey.

5. "Upper Management is the worst."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people who work there are dedicated and are a joy to work with.

Cons

Management - the worst upper management I have ever worked with. EJM; to change there overall dynamic, needs to purge the ineffective, inflexible to change upper management team. (other than what NETJETS tells them - and most of the time NJA has no idea of what we do at EJM, our upper management are too scared to act on there own. therefore, most of the decisions NJA makes on our behalf are not made to the overall benefit of EJM-and our management (EJM) just lets it happen.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and meetings with each other and engage the employees that work for you. LISTEN to them. And if you want EJM to be the company it used to be (awesome), you need to stand up to the shear stupidity of NETJETS....don’t be so scared.

6. "Lead Flight Attendant"

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salaried, health benefits, 401k, corporate card, company phone

Cons

lack of flight attendant representation, double standard between flight attendants and pilots

Advice to Management

strengthen company core values by strengthening representation and communication with and for client and crews

7. "Not a good company"

Current Employee - Grunt in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Grunt in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get a pay check

Cons

This company lies to you from the moment you talk to a recruiter. They told me I was applying for a new "combined" position..... then after I was hired I was told by my managers that the position was no longer happening and that I was stuck in this position that I didn't sign up for. HR is useless and doesn't care. I wouldn't apply to this company, they have no direction. Their executive team does a lot of preaching, but doesn't walk the talk and thinks it's everyone else but them. People are leaving in mass from this company hence all the positions that are available on here.

They have departments who push their own agendas. OS and Charter Fulfillment namely who treat others in the company like dirt and rarely see beyond the walls their confined in. A lot of what they do goes unchecked so be prepared to have them try to nail you for something while they remain faultless. They think you are there to serve them. One male in charter fulfillment that needs to be looked at closely and how he talks to people over the phone from other departments. I heard they are managed by someone in CMH but the employees are based here in Cincinnati, How does that pass the smell test!?

The company's technology is dated and they change directions constantly from what I can tell. They just spent a year researching a technology only to reverse course and start over again and remain with a tracking software that is doss at best.

Best to just steer clear of this company. I've been here two years and this isn't a place you want to get settled into. I'm looking..

8. "Mediocre at best"

Current Employee - FOC in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - FOC in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great FOC team. Pay is decent however, now with competition in CVG needs to step up their game.

Cons

Poor flight operations management. No constituency, FOC management, Other department dump their garbage for the FOC to deal with. No one hold other departments accountable. Work schedules are horrible, seniority gets you stuck working a weekend yay

Advice to Management

Stop saying you care about your employee's, when your actions say otherwise. Please review some of the management in the FOC, one in particular should not be managing people. Stop blaming staff for a system that you know is broken in FOC. Start making other departments do their job instead of dumping it on our department. Hard enough to do my job without having to do OS work too.

9. "Terrible"

Pros

The everyday employee's that work there are great.

Cons

Terrible, terrible and terrible Sr. Management (20 words cannot describe)

10. "Review"

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

It's extremely difficult to move to another account for career advancement.