FVM Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Paul Fleming

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company"

I worked at FVM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome people they do awesome work

Cons

Great company to work of

Advice to Management

Keep doing great work

2. "Account Executive"

I worked at FVM full-time

Pros

Laid back environment, nice people

Cons

High standards, with poor execution

"A Little Top-Heavy"

I have been working at FVM full-time

Pros

Good money if you're in "the club." Flexible hours, etc. All the stuff that you get at all the other shops. Young staff.

Cons

Really insulated aforementioned young staff. Not much idea of what's going on in the real ad world. You can't build an entire business off of hope and an old friend to flip you your largest account. Once he's gone, it's over. Don't put your eggs in one basket (or one person.)

Advice to Management

Let go. Let people free to build the shop in their own way. B2B is cool, B2C can pay bills.

"Nice people don't make for a nice company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at FVM full-time

Pros

Nice people (does not correlate with efficiency at work though), amazing amount of paid time off, super flexible, and very lax. Everything is pretty casual, everyone is pretty understanding. It's generally fun and easy.

Cons

Some seem to have bloated salaries and management positions, yet they fail to properly lead, and even seem uneducated about their "department" (not that such a small company even really has these designations). They also like to pretend that there is 'no room for ego' when that's all they manage to strut. The flexibility and lax environment really leads to lazy behavior, so it makes sense why they have very limited clients. There certainly is never a long-term plan, it seems to be pretty day-to-day...which explains letting go of 8 people and frequent turnover.

"FVM doesn't suck but it's not great either."

Former Employee - Developer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Developer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at FVM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) Competitive compensation and benefits. 2) Easy location with a reverse commute. 3) Flexible hours and parent friendly schedules. 4) Big focus on work life balance. 4) Talented coworkers.

Cons

1) Limited clients with one client providing about 70% to 80% of revenue. You're always living in fear of this one client dropping us. 2) Minimal feedback from management. Yes they offer year end performance reviews. However, little to no feedback is giving on a day to day basis. 3) A thick layer of middle managers with no real authority or ownership over projects. Since the client pool is so small everything must be given approval by one of two owners. 4) Excessive risk averse culture. 5) High turnover (at least in my tenure).

Advice to Management

Honestly, I don't have any advice. It's been my observation that both owners seem self-aware and in-tune with the culture within the agency. Everything I said is not news to them. The makeup, culture, and work outputted by this agency is by design.

"A pleasure and an honor to work here."

I have been working at FVM full-time

Pros

You'll be challenged, you'll be respected, and you'll grow your skills fast. There are high standards to be met here in terms of quality of work and the speed at which it's delivered. Everyone is serious about and dedicated to their work, but it's a lot of fun and everyone is equally down-to-earth and approachable. It's a trend here. I love coming in every morning -that's no small thing.

Cons

As I mentioned, you will be challenged. It can be an intense environment at times, but this is more of a pro to me than a con. Hard to find much wrong with this place. It is what you make it. If you're not organized and you don't want to be challenged, this is not the place for you.

"Small agency with emphasis on B2B accounts"

I worked at FVM full-time

Pros

FVM offers a flexible work schedule to accommodate working parents. Summer hours and holiday vacation are a plus.
    intelligent group of account executives and talented creative staff collaborate in a friendly office environment.

Cons

Heavy on middle management with almost half the staff acting as Directors.
    Limited client portfolio with a single account providing almost 80% of the revenue thus creating an unhealthy business plan.

"Great work/life balance but dangerous lack of more than 2 large clients."

I worked at FVM full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance. Very friendly atmosphere.

Cons

Only 2 or 3 real clients. If one leaves, the results will be catastrophic.

Advice to Management

Get more large clients.

"Fantastic people and smart work"

I have been working at FVM full-time

Pros

In terms of agencies, FVM is a rare breed: no egos; healthy work/life balance; long-term client relationships; and low turnover. The co-founders are great people with a lot of integrity, and they have built a solid, respectable B2B agency. People at FVM are smart, friendly and talented at what they do--we all work hard to deliver great results for our clients, and have a good time too. One of the best things about FVM is definitely the work/life balance--working late is rare, and you get a lot of vacation time too.

Cons

Any cons are nitpicks--the pros heavily outweigh them.

"Great place to work. Awesome people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at FVM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The thing that makes this place awesome is the people. Creative, skilled, organized, experienced, hard-working, smart, friendly and a nice age range. There's a collaborative philosophy, everyone pulls their weight and is serious about the work.

The owners and top management are approachable and seem to listen to ideas. The directors are young, driven and bring good energy. There's a good mix or larger and smaller clients, mainly technology, education, financial and chemical, with more new business coming in. Great digital, branding, video and advertising capability and genuinely strategic throughout

Work/life balance is also a major plus here. Everyone gets the work done and gets out on time, there's summer hours, birthdays off and flexibility when needed. Very family friendly.

Cons

The same as working at any agency, but nothing major. It's not in the city, but I don't hear anyone complaining about that. Certainly makes commuting easier for most people.

Advice to Management

Things are heading in the right direction. Stay open and forward-thinking