FireFold.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Firefold Review"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Concord, NC

Pros

The owner is very good to people whom do great work for him. Mostly a family feel type of job.

Cons

Inconsistent management. Too much given away for free. No overtime even when there is work to be done.

Advice to Management

Spend smart money. Be consistent with discipline so employees respect the way things are done. Weed out the bad eggs.

2. "If you're wanting part time work then this job is for you"

I worked at FireFold.com part-time

Pros

Easy work. Flexible schedule. Warehouse associates are awesome.

Cons

Everything about the Sales management. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Sales management needs major improvement

3. "Great people and casual Environement"

I worked at FireFold.com part-time

Pros

You will definitely make some friends, casual for the most part just, company has socials, management willing to listen.

Cons

Can be stressful, plan on being customer service, no real opportunity for advancement, be prepared to do more than what your title says you will do

Advice to Management

Continue to grow but also understand that you still don't know everything. Condescending at any level is still a big no.

4. "Growing...."

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Concord, NC
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Concord, NC

I worked at FireFold.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was given the chance to join the FireFold.com team upon moving to North Carolina. I stayed with the company for about 1 year before going to what I thought was a good opportunity (now kicking myself). Chris has a vision and is willing to listen to ideas you have and will let you run with them if he believes in you.

Cons

The only thing I can think of was that it was a younger group in the MGMT rolls. Not a ton of experience, but seemed to be willing to learn.

"Good Place"

Pros

good work environment
    good co workers
    good benefits

Cons

low pay
    a lot of changes and favoritism

FireFold.com Response

Oct 27, 2014 – Controller

Thank you for your feedback. Various changes have been made as various tasks needed to be delegated among the team. Employees are given the opportunity to take on new tasks and learn even if they... More

6. "It was Okay."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

I worked at FireFold.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was with the company off and on for a long time. Had a lot of great coworkers that became friends, relaxed environment, easy to talk to management when I needed something

Cons

there was definitely favoritism, which is probably why half the employees will say it was a good job, and half will say it's a terrible place to work. Some people were definitely underpaid for their jobs and skill levels. Sometimes management was young and inexperienced.

Advice to Management

treat all employees equal and pay them what they deserve. That's the only way to build a team of a company that wants to stick around and see the company excel. You can't pay someone like an intern and expect professional work.

7. "Good Job.. I'll miss it"

Pros

I really liked working here! I got great pay, benefits, and the work environment was great. I'm moving and need to find a different job, so that's why I had to leave the company. I'm leaving this review, to say goodbye to the company in a positive way that will benefit them.

Cons

None. I will miss this place. But at leave I will leave with good memories of having fun and working with my coworkers.

Advice to Management

Good job.

"Solid Place to Work"

Pros

Benefits are good. Environment is relaxed. Opportunity to advance is there if you want it.

Cons

Negative and lazy co-workers tend to dampen the work environment.

Advice to Management

Better follow through is needed with decisions.

"Lots of work for little pay"

Pros

If you want to be kept busy it is a good place to go

Cons

Very little advancement, low pay

Advice to Management

might want to rethink pay scale

FireFold.com Response

Sep 4, 2013 – Controller

Individual meetings are held quarterly and our employees are given the opportunity to voice any and all concerns. If pay is an issue, it would have been addressed, if it was brought to our attention.

"Motivated people will go far with FireFold. If you don't want responsibility, this may not be your ideal career."

Current Employee - Web Design in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Web Design in Concord, NC

I have been working at FireFold.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

[Take note of what I like to call"The Yelp Effect", where only the extremes (very disappointed vs. very delighted) will post to ratings sites like this, and this can eclipse balance, while ignoring middle ground and simply content ratings.]

I get to have toys and posters all around my desk. While I work, I listen to music and podcasts. Every day is completely different, as some days I'm a writer, programmer, designer, or a social media dude, or all. During lunch, I get an hour of reddit, video games, and coffee! Hell, sometimes lunch is free, thanks to FireFold. Thousands of people see my work, and that's kind of cool that so many get to use what I make, which is bits and pieces of FireFold.com and all kinds of aspects of user experience.

I've learned more at this job than any other, mostly because of hours of practice at skills I've hoped to hone in on, greater responsibility, and also because of awesome problems I get to solve all the time. Because I've seen it all (kinda), my experience and self-value has increased substantially, and that alone is priceless. While some of these negative comments have talked about losing their jobs, I've never understood how one could let themselves lose a job here. I've seen raises without even asking, while some haven't been able to keep a simple job. Should my day come where I can't keep a job here, I would know it's purely my fault, and would take it as a time to learn from my own mistakes, and reflect on why I would have allowed myself to become inferior, rather than post negative, vague comments here online. Most importantly, I don't care much about money. While I've been employed here, I've actively turned down far higher paying job offers that other people would kill for. I just remembered, I don't even need a job; I could be self employed again, no prob. Those jobs would simply bore me to death, however. All I care about is being happy, and that's it. FireFold makes me happy.

Disclaimer - I've been thinking about writing one of these reviews for a while, and I've chosen this timing as an obvious reaction to recent negative reviews, to at least give a point of view of someone who enjoys being here. I've Intentionally shared things that would make who I am very obvious, except for the fact that I left out that I have a Legend of Zelda sticker on my window, and Rainbow Dash on my telephone. Anonymity is for the weak/predictable.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I can't wear tshirts on Friday anymore, since a recent dress code kind of change, but it's close to Winter now, so I won't mind again until next Spring. I might even forget by then. If/when I'm in a situation where I can employ my own employees, I'll have a dresscode where employees have to wear video game/8-bit clothing. That'd be so cool.

We were just notified of a Halloween costume contest, and there's no way my Minecraft creeper costume will win, with such short notice. I've already heard tell of a witch, Adventure Time, and Joker costumes as competition.

Advice to Management

It'd be cool if each department or employee could have a super small budget each month, specifically intended for art/plants/toys for their desks and office. That would increase happiness, and in theory, increase positive productivity in so many ways.

We could live in the "real world", or we could live in the Awesome World!

$20 an employee for cool wall art and desk plants each month? I know it sounds crazy, but that'd be the best idea in the history of ever. It may seem like a joke, but really, that would be game-changingly awesome.