First Beat Media Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2022

Found 61 of over 71 reviews

4.0
First Beat Media President Rafael Wynn (no image)
Rafael Wynn

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Since we work from home, it's almost always laid back and comfortable to work.(in 10 reviews)
  • "The team is great!(in 6 reviews)
  • "You work with qualified, intelligent and ambitious colleagues(in 6 reviews)
  • "If you are good your salary can get higher(in 5 reviews)
  • "'A great place to work is one in which you trust the people you work for, have pride in what you do, and enjoy the people you work with.”(in 5 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Telecommute Company Ever!

Oct 15, 2015 - Language Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly workplace, great work hours, paid time off (which is something very rare nowadays). Bonus payments are given to employees in December. It is not an "Old Boys Club" like other big telecommute companies/jobs. They are very straightforward in regards to their expectations. And you do have a chance to grow inside the company.

Cons

There is too many departments - leading sometimes to miscommunication and confusion, but it is not a big deal since over 90% of the employees are very friendly indeed.

HR Director

We are happy to hear that you enjoy the friendly workplace, bonuses, hours, benefits and growth opportunities. We always are striving to increase interdepartmental communication and will pass along this feedback.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was nice experience for me.

May 9, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and supportive team.

Cons

Stressful job personally for me.

3. 3.0

Conditions Varies with the Current Company Performance

Aug 29, 2018 - SEO Manager in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

If the department that you are team with performs well, this Company may comforts you well with the nice payment package and remote jobs opportunities.

Cons

If the department that you are team with unperformed even for one quarter, and even if the real reasons are not due to the luck of the team effort but due to the external circumstances, the owners are very prone to resolve issues by cutting that whole department over night.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

Fantastic Place To Work

Jun 9, 2015 - Project Manager in Miami Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

These people treat their employees like family. The atmosphere is relaxed and you get the ability to really push your ideas into something tangible.

Cons

With some people working remotely it can be an adjustment to get used to not having someone face to face all the time.

HR Director

We are glad you felt like FBM was a family. That is what we strive to achieve. While working remotely is an adjustment we do our best to have skype meetings with video regarding project updates. We also try to have company wide meetings again over skype with video a few times a year with the company owners so that everyone stays up to date. For those who do work from home internationally, we do provide a budget for company sponsored events so that individuals can have social interaction with their team.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee

Web Developer

Jun 7, 2015 -  in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home, nice parties, some nice staff. Good salary for east Europe.

Cons

Some of the teams leaders focus on personal impose rather on professional performances. Too few days off.

HR Director

Thank you for this feedback. Our paid time off does increase as people gain more tenure with the company. The amount of days that we offer for paid time off is very comparable to most USA based companies.

6. 3.0

Tense

Oct 27, 2014 - Online Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote, regular salary, great if you're not outgoing

Cons

Working hours are terrible, employees don't have enough time for life

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

The standard working hours are 40-45 hours a week which is typical of most American based companies. We do offer flexible schedules in an employee's time zone for many teams. That way people can work regular day time working hours rather than USA based times.

7. 4.0

Awesome company

Jun 8, 2014 - Project Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with amazing leadership and all of the things anyone could ever imagine. Great benefits, great compensation, great attitudes

Cons

Going through some bad times currently but they will make it through i'm confident

HR Director

We take pride in our benefits, compensation and positive attitudes. Glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a place where hard-working people will be rewarded with advancement opportunities.

Feb 17, 2014 - Customer Support in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

1- Friendly atmosphere - From the company owners to your coworkers there is an emphasis in being as helpful and welcoming as possible. 2 - Company perks - Whether you are in the US or abroad, the company is always thinking of ways to thank employees for all they do. 3 - Opportunities for advancement - If you do your job properly, have good working habits and the skills needed, you can go from entry level to a promotion in no time. This is a growing company, so the opportunity is there. 4 - Flexibility - Most positions are remote. A person can start working with us in Serbia and then move to other country with no problem. The company will forward your payment any place. 5 - Timely pay - Never I have had any issue with my paycheck. Whenever there has been an error, Accounting jumps to correct it. Nobody has left here being owed a penny.

Cons

Having to deal with some former employees' negativity. A few people with bad working habits, who right after they accepted the clear information related to the job, the pay, the hours, turn around and say they were never told. Then, they believe that because they are working remotely nobody will notice they didn't touch their workload for the day, and when they are let go, they make the most creative stories about how unfair the company was to them and how everybody should be running out of this company. It's well known that misery loves company, and those people who don't seem to be able to keep a job anywhere due to their own doing, want others justifying their decisions, and are willing to make up any lie to achieve this. Anybody worried about transparency in this company, just needs to ask. Information is shared with all in a timely manner, and records of that are kept. So before joining the group of the disgruntled unemployable out there, talk to the many employees who have been promoted within months of hiring. Ask all the questions you want before accepting a position, while being trained and during your employment. Everybody is treated with respect. Ask yourself, do you want a company that keeps employees who don't do their work and expects you to do it for them? Do you want a company that is going to keep employees who are bullying their coworkers? I will bet the answer is NO. Well, if you are a person willing to work honestly, this is the company for you.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for you this feedback. We are so happy that you have had such a positive work experience with FBM. We pride ourselves on a friendly atmosphere, company perks and timely pay.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I have ever worked for

Feb 17, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

The owners are so generous with their team members. Once a month we have paid company events ( happy hours, comedy club, paint ball etc). The dress code is relaxed- we can wear sandals, jeans etc and be comfortable as we work. The company invests in our professional development. We can take unlimited training courses and even sometimes attend conferences and the company will pay. The people who work here are friendly and knowledgeable in their field. Everyone cares so much about the company because the company cares so much about us.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best job ever!!

Feb 17, 2014 - Head Bookkeeper in Plantation, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented. To be able to work in your field and receive kudos for work well done is very gratifying. You can work from home and still maintain that office atmosphere. Meeting people from all over the world is enlightening while you are dealing with different cultures. The company makes it very easy to take courses and further your knowledge. There are so many diverse projects going on and you can learn something new every single day. I look forward to coming to work every morning.

Cons

Can't come up with anything

HR Director

We do value and recognize the importance of professional development. We should all always strive to be the best that we can be at work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews

First Beat Media Reviews FAQs

First Beat Media has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 71 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at First Beat Media to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, First Beat Media employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at First Beat Media. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

84% of First Beat Media employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated First Beat Media 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at First Beat Media to be management, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, benefits.

Popular Careers with First Beat Media Job Seekers