First Beat Media Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2021

3.9
First Beat Media President Rafael Wynn (no image)
Rafael Wynn
Pros
  • "Work from home options are a good thing(in 19 reviews)

• "Work remotely, Flexible working hours, Excellent people, Good compensation and perks(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No place for growth in company, working hours are horrible(in 11 reviews)

• "Working hours (16-00 in Serbia), very small salary increase (5% per year no matter of performance)(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Telecommute Company Ever!

Oct 15, 2015 - Language Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly workplace, great work hours, paid time off (which is something very rare nowadays). Bonus payments are given to employees in December. It is not an "Old Boys Club" like other big telecommute companies/jobs. They are very straightforward in regards to their expectations. And you do have a chance to grow inside the company.

Cons

There is too many departments - leading sometimes to miscommunication and confusion, but it is not a big deal since over 90% of the employees are very friendly indeed.

HR Director

We are happy to hear that you enjoy the friendly workplace, bonuses, hours, benefits and growth opportunities. We always are striving to increase interdepartmental communication and will pass along this feedback.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was nice experience for me.

May 9, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly and supportive team.

Cons

Stressful job personally for me.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Conditions Varies with the Current Company Performance

Aug 29, 2018 - SEO Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

If the department that you are team with performs well, this Company may comforts you well with the nice payment package and remote jobs opportunities.

Cons

If the department that you are team with unperformed even for one quarter, and even if the real reasons are not due to the luck of the team effort but due to the external circumstances, the owners are very prone to resolve issues by cutting that whole department over night.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The best company I have ever worked for

Feb 17, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The owners are so generous with their team members. Once a month we have paid company events ( happy hours, comedy club, paint ball etc). The dress code is relaxed- we can wear sandals, jeans etc and be comfortable as we work. The company invests in our professional development. We can take unlimited training courses and even sometimes attend conferences and the company will pay. The people who work here are friendly and knowledgeable in their field. Everyone cares so much about the company because the company cares so much about us.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a place where hard-working people will be rewarded with advancement opportunities.

Feb 17, 2014 - Customer Support in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

1- Friendly atmosphere - From the company owners to your coworkers there is an emphasis in being as helpful and welcoming as possible. 2 - Company perks - Whether you are in the US or abroad, the company is always thinking of ways to thank employees for all they do. 3 - Opportunities for advancement - If you do your job properly, have good working habits and the skills needed, you can go from entry level to a promotion in no time. This is a growing company, so the opportunity is there. 4 - Flexibility - Most positions are remote. A person can start working with us in Serbia and then move to other country with no problem. The company will forward your payment any place. 5 - Timely pay - Never I have had any issue with my paycheck. Whenever there has been an error, Accounting jumps to correct it. Nobody has left here being owed a penny.

Cons

Having to deal with some former employees' negativity. A few people with bad working habits, who right after they accepted the clear information related to the job, the pay, the hours, turn around and say they were never told. Then, they believe that because they are working remotely nobody will notice they didn't touch their workload for the day, and when they are let go, they make the most creative stories about how unfair the company was to them and how everybody should be running out of this company. It's well known that misery loves company, and those people who don't seem to be able to keep a job anywhere due to their own doing, want others justifying their decisions, and are willing to make up any lie to achieve this. Anybody worried about transparency in this company, just needs to ask. Information is shared with all in a timely manner, and records of that are kept. So before joining the group of the disgruntled unemployable out there, talk to the many employees who have been promoted within months of hiring. Ask all the questions you want before accepting a position, while being trained and during your employment. Everybody is treated with respect. Ask yourself, do you want a company that keeps employees who don't do their work and expects you to do it for them? Do you want a company that is going to keep employees who are bullying their coworkers? I will bet the answer is NO. Well, if you are a person willing to work honestly, this is the company for you.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you for you this feedback. We are so happy that you have had such a positive work experience with FBM. We pride ourselves on a friendly atmosphere, company perks and timely pay.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best job ever!!

Feb 17, 2014 - Head Bookkeeper in Plantation, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented. To be able to work in your field and receive kudos for work well done is very gratifying. You can work from home and still maintain that office atmosphere. Meeting people from all over the world is enlightening while you are dealing with different cultures. The company makes it very easy to take courses and further your knowledge. There are so many diverse projects going on and you can learn something new every single day. I look forward to coming to work every morning.

Cons

Can't come up with anything

HR Director

We do value and recognize the importance of professional development. We should all always strive to be the best that we can be at work.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Young and Innovative Online Company to Work For!

Feb 17, 2014 - Supervisor of A Department
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work online, flexible hours, amazing management that understands and listens. International colleagues, supportive and resourceful HR. A company that rewards hard working individuals and wants their team members to advance, succeed and progress. The best company I have ever had the honour to work for.

Cons

None, unless you like to chatter by the water cooler on break.

HR Director

Thank you for your praises. We always strive to be the best company to work for.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Place To Work

Jun 9, 2015 - Project Manager in Miami Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

These people treat their employees like family. The atmosphere is relaxed and you get the ability to really push your ideas into something tangible.

Cons

With some people working remotely it can be an adjustment to get used to not having someone face to face all the time.

HR Director

We are glad you felt like FBM was a family. That is what we strive to achieve. While working remotely is an adjustment we do our best to have skype meetings with video regarding project updates. We also try to have company wide meetings again over skype with video a few times a year with the company owners so that everyone stays up to date. For those who do work from home internationally, we do provide a budget for company sponsored events so that individuals can have social interaction with their team.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best Job I've ever had.

Feb 17, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to work from home. Great benefits and perks like concert tickets, catered lunches, gift cards on your birthday etc. Relaxed atmosphere and casual attire. Friendly co-workers and managers. Fun and interesting projects.

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say about this company.

HR Director

We are always looking for ways to celebrate our employees. We are happy that you like the perks that we offer.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Athosphere and helpfull working culture!

Feb 18, 2014 - Language Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very supportive and helpfull working culture. My superviser is very nice and flexible. Lot of different kind of tasks. Also my colleagues are very helpfull and team spirit is super good. I also like managents attitude that most important is that you are developing all the time.

Cons

Somethimes projects could be very long

HR Director

We do encourage management to have a positive attitude at all times and to develop their team members. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the atmosphere and culture.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 58 Reviews