First Beat Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Rafael Wynn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from home, friendly people, easy going atmosphere over skype (in 15 reviews)

• great team building events, lots of opportunities :) (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • don't like the working hours from 3-11pm (in 9 reviews)

• Working time can be issue, since in Serbia working hours are afternoon, and it's hard to adjust to other people who work 9-5 (in 4 reviews)

1. "Best Telecommute Company Ever!"

Current Employee - Language Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Language Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly workplace, great work hours, paid time off (which is something very rare nowadays). Bonus payments are given to employees in December. It is not an "Old Boys Club" like other big telecommute companies/jobs. They are very straightforward in regards to their expectations. And you do have a chance to grow inside the company.

Cons

There is too many departments - leading sometimes to miscommunication and confusion, but it is not a big deal since over 90% of the employees are very friendly indeed.

Advice to Management

Keep the good work! It would be great if managers from different departments had a more close relationship, so they can easily sort things out.

2. "Fantastic Place To Work"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at First Beat Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

These people treat their employees like family. The atmosphere is relaxed and you get the ability to really push your ideas into something tangible.

Cons

With some people working remotely it can be an adjustment to get used to not having someone face to face all the time.

Advice to Management

Look for people who are trying to grow and nurture them into more responsibility.

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

We are glad you felt like FBM was a family. That is what we strive to achieve. While working remotely is an adjustment we do our best to have skype meetings with video regarding project updates. We... More

3. "Web Developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

Working from home, nice parties, some nice staff. Good salary for east Europe.

Cons

Some of the teams leaders focus on personal impose rather on professional performances. Too few days off.

Advice to Management

Be more human, after all we're all humans

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

Thank you for this feedback. Our paid time off does increase as people gain more tenure with the company. The amount of days that we offer for paid time off is very comparable to most USA based... More

"Tense"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Manager in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote, regular salary, great if you're not outgoing

Cons

Working hours are terrible, employees don't have enough time for life

Advice to Management

Change the working hours

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

The standard working hours are 40-45 hours a week which is typical of most American based companies. We do offer flexible schedules in an employee's time zone for many teams. That way people can... More

5. "Awesome company"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at First Beat Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company with amazing leadership and all of the things anyone could ever imagine. Great benefits, great compensation, great attitudes

Cons

Going through some bad times currently but they will make it through i'm confident

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

We take pride in our benefits, compensation and positive attitudes. Glad that you enjoyed your time with us.

"It's a place where hard-working people will be rewarded with advancement opportunities."

Current Employee - Customer Support in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Dallas, TX

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

1- Friendly atmosphere - From the company owners to your coworkers there is an emphasis in being as helpful and welcoming as possible.
    2 - Company perks - Whether you are in the US or abroad, the company is always thinking of ways to thank employees for all they do.
    3 - Opportunities for advancement - If you do your job properly, have good working habits and the skills needed, you can go from entry level to a promotion in no time. This is a growing company, so the opportunity is there.
    4 - Flexibility - Most positions are remote. A person can start working with us in Serbia and then move to other country with no problem. The company will forward your payment any place.
    5 - Timely pay - Never I have had any issue with my paycheck. Whenever there has been an error, Accounting jumps to correct it. Nobody has left here being owed a penny.

Cons

Having to deal with some former employees' negativity. A few people with bad working habits, who right after they accepted the clear information related to the job, the pay, the hours, turn around and say they were never told. Then, they believe that because they are working remotely nobody will notice they didn't touch their workload for the day, and when they are let go, they make the most creative stories about how unfair the company was to them and how everybody should be running out of this company. It's well known that misery loves company, and those people who don't seem to be able to keep a job anywhere due to their own doing, want others justifying their decisions, and are willing to make up any lie to achieve this. Anybody worried about transparency in this company, just needs to ask. Information is shared with all in a timely manner, and records of that are kept. So before joining the group of the disgruntled unemployable out there, talk to the many employees who have been promoted within months of hiring. Ask all the questions you want before accepting a position, while being trained and during your employment. Everybody is treated with respect. Ask yourself, do you want a company that keeps employees who don't do their work and expects you to do it for them? Do you want a company that is going to keep employees who are bullying their coworkers? I will bet the answer is NO. Well, if you are a person willing to work honestly, this is the company for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up visiting our employees around the world, and listening to their feedback. Continue supporting all the meet ups that help remote employees meet each other in a relaxed atmosphere. Continue compensating the honest and hardworking employee.

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

Thank you for you this feedback. We are so happy that you have had such a positive work experience with FBM. We pride ourselves on a friendly atmosphere, company perks and timely pay.

7. "The best company I have ever worked for"

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owners are so generous with their team members. Once a month we have paid company events ( happy hours, comedy club, paint ball etc). The dress code is relaxed- we can wear sandals, jeans etc and be comfortable as we work. The company invests in our professional development. We can take unlimited training courses and even sometimes attend conferences and the company will pay. The people who work here are friendly and knowledgeable in their field. Everyone cares so much about the company because the company cares so much about us.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. I love the blog, the private facebook group, and the monthly webinars that keep us in the loop. HR is always available to answer any questions that we might have.

8. "Best job ever!!"

Current Employee - Head Bookkeeper in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Head Bookkeeper in Plantation, FL

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family oriented. To be able to work in your field and receive kudos for work well done is very gratifying. You can work from home and still maintain that office atmosphere. Meeting people from all over the world is enlightening while you are dealing with different cultures. The company makes it very easy to take courses and further your knowledge. There are so many diverse projects going on and you can learn something new every single day. I look forward to coming to work every morning.

Cons

Can't come up with anything

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

We do value and recognize the importance of professional development. We should all always strive to be the best that we can be at work.

9. "The Best Young and Innovative Online Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Supervisor of A Department in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Supervisor of A Department in Remote, OR

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work online, flexible hours, amazing management that understands and listens. International colleagues, supportive and resourceful HR. A company that rewards hard working individuals and wants their team members to advance, succeed and progress. The best company I have ever had the honour to work for.

Cons

None, unless you like to chatter by the water cooler on break.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome! FBM is unique because of the caring and open-minded management it has, and the dynamic opportunities it offers within the company.

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

Thank you for your praises. We always strive to be the best company to work for.

10. "Excellent Opportunity, Work Environment & Salary + Benefits"

I have been working at First Beat Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Opportunity For Growth
    -Great Family-Type Atmosphere
    -Perks Are Second-To-None
    -Generous Salary & Benefits

Cons

There are no cons to mention.

Aug 18, 2015 – HR Director

Thank you for your praises.