First Class Vacations Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey Nahom

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

What I've learned after living in Florida for over 30 years is that people in Florida don't want to work. They want a full time pay for part time hours. With that being said First Class Vacations has been in business for over 10 years. The reservations department is non stop all day booking vacations that their customers have bought and continue to buy over the years. The packages that First Class Vacations sells are of the utmost quality and every package gets fulfilled. Funny how the ones that complain come back to work every single day. I've been here for 3 years and have made over 90K every year. If you work hard you get to play hard. Don't believe everything you read.

Cons

If you don't like to work hard then that is a con. If you don't like change to improve your sales that is a con. If you don't like putting in more hours than required that is a con. Basically if you are not willing to work hard and put forth an effort then that is a con and you will never be happy anywhere.

Advice to Management

Keep everything simple and clear cut so everyone is on the same page at all times

"Fake Positive Reviews"

Former Employee - Management in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at First Class Vacations full-time

Pros

Nice office. Weekends off.

Cons

First, all of the positive reviews on here are fake. Owner makes all employees post positive reviews while working there. Management doesn't actually listen to advice. Management will "help" you until it's time to clean house. Management is very disorganized and changes policies and pay multiple times a month. It's literally a revolving door. Severely overworked and underpaid. Job responsibilities are constantly changing making it difficult to decipher which tasks are yours and which are someone else's. Management loves to take credit for others work. Employees and customers are treated poorly. Owner doesn't care about being sued or fined for harassment cold calls. BBB rating is automatic not earned. There is so much drama between management, it's a toxic workplace. Company cleans house of employees twice a year. Manager was publicly disrespectful to employee in a professional environment. Different upper levels love to assign tasks that are not part of your job duties. Commission pay structure changes frequently and randomly. Company has been open for 8 years and the longest anyone has stayed may be 4 years (like 2 people in management positions). Have worked in every position there. It is a horrible work environment all the way around. The duties are easy, but the overall enviornment is negative. It's not something you see on day one, but once you work there for a month or longer then it will just drain the life out of you. There are so many things wrong with this company in every single aspect. Treatment of customers, employees, management and ethics are all negative. They love you "sell you" this ideal job with "lots of room for growth" and "great" pay with "incentives." It's honestly a gimmick to get good people to start and end up in a crappy job. I've seen people quit on day one and I've seen people quit out of frustration after 3 years. I've seen people that work there for months and never receive their commission. I've seen the starting rate fluctuate from $12+ to minimum wage and everything in between. Just keep looking for another job, even if it takes another month. This is only good for people that only want this job for 2 months or less. Most people quit or get fired in less than 6 months. Not a long term job for anyone.

Advice to Management

Find someone who actually knows how to run a business. Being good as sales and owning a company is not equivalent to being a good leader or reputable business owner.

"Bad Start"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at First Class Vacations full-time

Pros

Nice people, nice lunch room

Cons

I just want to warn future employees. I found the listing of this company on Indeed, and I fell on the promise of making $100k a year. Well I thought it'd require a lot of hard work to get that amount, then I said I'll get it I have no problem with being a hard worker. The interview went fine. Now, what they promised was far away from what I expected. I should have asked first to look around the office before accepting the job as a sales rep. In my first day, I was given a script I had to recite in front of a seasoned employee. After several rounds, I went in the working office, and to my surprise what I saw was a typical call center, old furniture with old computers and sad faces making phone calls across the U.S from a list of random phone numbers, which they changed when they felt that was "burned". Pressure was obvious and you have to repeat the exact word from that "effective" script every time you caught someone willing to let you say your conversational script. Prospective employees, if this is what you want, this is the perfect place with a disorganized micro management. BTW, the script is designed for English speaking people only, don't try to sell to non-English speaking, that's not allowed as I was told.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

They pay every week. And they give free lunch occasionally.

Cons

Cons are everything about the job. I recently had a friend who just interviewed there and after he told me where he interviewed, I felt obligated as a citizen to warn any hard working person to stay clear of First Class Vacations. At first they come off in the interview process as such a great company and they sell you. Once you start working, it's a totally different ball game. I was there for about three months until I could no longer take it anymore. Management is all over the place. There are NO benefits. None, not one. No one seems happy there. Turnover is extremely high. I've seen so many people come and go.

Advice to Management

Stay consistent, there's no real structure. Also be honest about what your employees will be doing and how the pay structure works. Have trainers who have the time to train. It doesn't seem like you want to invest time into growing your employees. It seems like you're perfectly fine with getting rid of everyone.

"Sales associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at First Class Vacations full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work in a beautiful 10,000 square foot office in Boca Raton, Fl. Have many opportunities for speaking with qualified clients. Have high commissions. Sell an Exciting Luxury Cruise Vacation package to customers at an unbeatable price.

Cons

New employees don't give it a chance...turn around

Advice to Management

Keep up the new programs

"Very proudly working with this company,"

Current Employee - Online Project Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Online Project Manager in Boca Raton, FL

Pros

well, you always will be listen for your feedback and suggestions.
    a lot of meetings and consulting for better progress and ideas to serve customers!

Cons

good place to work and make money

Advice to Management

more investment is needed for more customers!

"The Best Company Ever"

I have been working at First Class Vacations full-time

Pros

We sell amazing cruise packages to clients across the world.
    Fun atmosphere, the days go by quickly.
    Beautiful office.
    Amazing Co-workers.
    Great hours.
    Competitive Pay.
    Great Location.

Cons

None that I can think of

"I worked at FCV Full Time"

I worked at First Class Vacations full-time

Pros

Overall there is good potential in this company. However...

Cons

The business structure is not there. They have been fighting to stay up to date with the business world changing and are unable to keep up. The management changes directions quickly every day, making it impossible for employees to understand what they should be doing and how they should be doing it. Very unorganized, quite unprofessional and a total chaos.

Advice to Management

Simply create a business plan and stick to it.

"Owner has Major ADD"

I worked at First Class Vacations full-time

Pros

Honestly cannot think of one pro about this company.

Cons

I am a professional with a college degree and was very misled on this company in my interview by the owner. He has grand visions and dreams (which change DAILY). He told me I would make XX amount with all of these bonuses. Once I started making the bonus goals on a weekly basis, he let me go for no valid reason. He told me I "made too much money." He changed direction of the company daily - with different packages that he was offering to customers. It is the most unorganized and unprofessional company I have ever worked for.
    They allow the seasoned sales people to continually lie to the elderly customers who don't remember that they just purchased a package from them. It is fraudulent activity and needs to be stopped.

Advice to Management

Stop with the "pie-in-the-sky" dreams. Your lack of focus, unprofessionalism, lack of character and daily lying to employees will never allow you to grow the way you want. Stop taking more business loans and quit while you're ahead.

"Do Not Believe These Positive Reviews"

I worked at First Class Vacations full-time

Pros

There are no pros at all.

Cons

The CEO forces current employees to write positive reviews on here.