Cover image for Flockjay

77 Comments

Tech

630.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Flockjay~2402282
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Flockjay? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Flockjay employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Intense training in only 3 months time, if you don't get a job you don't have to pay for the class, very supporting team members, connections to hiring partners, access to class from the comfort of your own home, valuable insight to the industry and etc.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Working with the best team leaders in the industry.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Management is caring and understanding(in 3 reviews)
  • "Awesome and knowledgeable instructors and staff that arm you with usable skills for entry into the tech world.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Amazing CEO.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Flockjay and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best!

Oct 21, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flockjay is a 10-week, part-time, online tech sales training bootcamp. Students will learn to effectively qualify, prospect, and close sales within the tech industry, all while using software to build a repeatable process. The first 10 weeks of FlockJay’s courses teach tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, LinkedIn, ZoomInfo, Zoom, Drift, Slack, and Streak. Training is conducted through live, online classes where students will engage in real-time conversations as well as receive detailed, one-on-one reviews via live video. The final 2 weeks are focused on job placement. Flockjay’s mission is to make tech accessible to people from all locations and backgrounds with an emphasis on diversity. To achieve this, Flockjay offers classes at no up-front cost. Instead, tuition is paid only after employment.

Cons

None, absolutely loved each and every minute of my time here.

People Operations

We are so glad you have a positive experience with Flockjay!! We are excited to watch you grow and succeed!

2. 1.0

Stay Far Away

Dec 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One Friday off a month, great health insurance, phone, and gym reimbursement

Cons

Hired one of the worst bosses of my career, who I later found out was hated by many people. The Individual had no business being in a C-level position; she is responsible for the original demise of the company, in my opinion. The CEO, also an individual was an extremely narcissistic personality, decided to lay off workers after had completed a project the next day.

3. Join the Flockjay team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0

PLEASE DO NOT JOIN

Dec 5, 2021 - Civic Tech Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

Literally none. I’m not trying to be unfair but I just honestly after spending time thinking cannot think of any.

Cons

This is program is a total scam. The material is so basic you could learn it from a Google search or YouTube videos. They teach you to write the most basic emails, scripts, etc. stuff that is so bad you’d never use it in the real world. There’s this unauthentic cult like positivity vibe they try to give off that no one wants. You know what people do want? Jobs. Which you do not provide for them. They act like they get people jobs. The vast majority of my class was in employed 3 months after the program even though they act like they have so many hiring partners that want to hire you. Trust me they do not. The worst part is that even if you get a job yourself in another industry they’ll make you pay their ISA which is a joke.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run…Fast…

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, used to have a great team (still miss those still there)

Cons

The CEO will steal your ideas and market them as his own…without giving you credit. I have watched him so it over and over again. He will spin you a story to try to make you join. The team used to be amazing before he did his overnight layoff. He had tried to spin this as a great culture but it’s now just forced smiles and people trying to get away safely. He’s all talk and does not truly care about the underrepresented groups he claims he’s trying to support. To be honest, if he did he would have reconsidered the ISA setup. Especially after he changed the entire model of the company. It’s such a shame because it used to be such a special place to work and we all loved supporting the tech fellows.

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lies, Failing Up, and a Non-Authentic Mission

Sep 1, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perceived support Wellness and creative Fridays Was focused on Black and Brown ppl breaking into tech A big family

Cons

One day (out of nowhere - literally), the CEO pivoted from a mission driven company that was founded to support black and brown people break into tech to a SaaS product (that no one wants to buy) because it was too hard (lol) - typical privileged Ivy Leaguer - there's literally no more tech sales bootcamp. CEO just laid off my team because of $$, yet offered me and everyone else a bonus and larger salary right after he came back from a lavish trip...disgusting. Privileged bootcamp teachers and trainers can't relate to most of the students due to their white fragility Horrible supports for ppl from underrepresented backgrounds once they're placed in a tech company - how do you even pivot then this happens Too much leaning on 1-2 token people to uplift the brand This is the WeWork or Fyre Festival of the ed tech world - horrible leadership w/HUGE egos Lies lies lies - a TON of them

14 people found this review helpful

Flockjay Response

Hi, thank you for leaving Flockjay a review - we appreciate constructive criticism and take it seriously. We understand and empathize with your concerns, and this decision was a tough one that we do not take lightly. We believe that our new direction will still uphold our mission to support underrepresented and underserved sales professionals. If you are comfortable, we will benefit greatly from speaking with you directly to review the points in your review. We believe your feelings are valid, and a 1:1 conversation could help us learn more about your concerns to ensure we make actionable recommendations to our leadership team. Please reach out to hr@flockjay.com. Thank you for your feedback.

7. 2.0

Just being Honest

Nov 23, 2021 - Tech Fellow in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great trainers, focused and hands on program.

Cons

Purports to help underserved communities, but in the end creates more debt for the sometimes desperate and financially under equipped. 1.Program was thorough 2.Fireside chats with industry execs were insightful. 3.Most were encouraged to friend and leave good feedback for speakers on linked in. 4. Most speakers quickly unfriended as soon as you left them feedback or mentioned them and boosted their profile. 5. Career services was lacking. Certain counselors clearly didn't care at all. 6. A large percentage of us never land a job after graduation 7. you are sacked with the debt regardless. My advice is to steer clear and find a less expensive option, or just apply for a sales job on your own and get an entry level position.

People Operations

Hi, Thank you for sharing your direct and detailed feedback with us. Your transparency will help us continue to show up and serve our community. If you have any additional input, please reach out to us at hr@flockjay.com.

8. 5.0

Tailor Your Sales Skills for Tech

Jun 8, 2020 - Tech Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was looking to change the industry that I worked in. I have worked in sales for about 19 years now, never in tech. Flockjay gave me the skills and foundation for tech sales to build on what I knew. -10-week program / M-Th / 3 hrs a night 5-8PST I had no issue with the course changing the format from 12 weeks to 10 weeks. As working professionals desiring to get jump-started in a new career, the more compact and efficient the program, the better. -Learning from current leaders in the industry The program is training for a Sales Development Representative. The instructors have all been in this role previously, and are able to deliver the ins and outs of what is expected of the role and how to perform at the highest degree. -Insightful Fireside Chats Talks with Tech industry professionals, giving you an inside look to their career trajectories and how you can grow your career into what you want it to be. -It's a lot of work. Take it seriously. You get out what you put in. -Knowledge to hit the ground running. Just like in any job transition, nothing falls into your lap. However, you are equipped with the tools to conduct an efficient job search and position yourself as a desirable candidate. I received an offer within a month of graduating.

Cons

-Outcomes/ Job Placement was slow in communicating This is one of the most important things on everyone's mind when starting the program. Having an idea of how the process works from the beginning will assist in managing everyone's expectations.

6 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible

Sep 27, 2021 - Tech Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

What an amazing company. I’ve been in sales for a very long time and this is the most excited I’ve been since I was a rookie in the business. Having class from 8pm-11pm then having to wake up at 4am for work doesn’t bother me at all. It’s worth because the value I get from each class ever single night .

Cons

Absolutely nothing, honestly do not have one bad thing to say

10. 5.0
    Former Employee

Flockjay's caring and hard working team delivers results for students.

Aug 10, 2021 - Tech Sales Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wouldn’t have gotten hired at a top tech company with a life-changing salary without Flockjay. The access I was given to top-notch mission-driven trainers, a responsive and helpful student success team, and a well-connected and knowledgeable career services team has made Flockjay very much worth the financial investment. I received live interactive training for 8 hrs a week over 10 weeks from working professionals and leaders in the field. The trainers are not at Flockjay to make more money — they’re already very successful. The trainers are there because they care deeply about Flockjay’s mission of driving upward mobility, and it showed in every class. The career services team has been equally impressive. My career services manager consistently replied to my many inquiries within minutes and was always available for me. I couldn’t have hoped for a more empathetic, understanding, and supportive person to guide me through the hiring process. The career services team also gives you access to coaching from members of the team who have cultivated relationships with recruiters and stakeholders at the companies you are interviewing for, putting you at a huge advantage over other applicants. Since graduation, it’s been a joy to see my batchmates — people from all walks of life — accept positions at great companies over the past month. If you are determined to change your career trajectory at this point in your life, I encourage you to apply. You have so little to lose and so much to gain.

Cons

It's a startup so they are still iterating and figuring some things out! But this is not a bad thing, just something to keep in mind. The mission-driven startup environment drives the team to work really hard to make the student experience great.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent tech Sales training program - but career services is needs a lot of work!

Jul 11, 2021 - Tech Fellow
    Business Outlook

Pros

Instructors High quality training materials Fireside chats Tech stack Classmates

Cons

Career service needs an overhaul

8 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your feedback with us. We highly value learning what we are doing well and where we can improve. We’re glad to read that you enjoyed the sales training you received at Flockjay and thought it was valuable. However, we’re sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working with Career Services and that you felt like the Career Services members did not have your best interest at heart. As we scale and support more individuals in launching their careers in tech sales, we aim to ensure a great student experience. We’re sorry that your experience did not match that goal. It is difficult for us to take action on your feedback without more specifics. If you’re open to it, we’d be grateful if you connected with our Head of Career Services (careers@flockjay.com) or someone on the executive team at Flockjay so we can learn more about your experience. This would help us make improvements and ensure a positive experience for everyone who goes through the program. Thank you again for your time, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews
</>Embed

Flockjay Reviews FAQs

Flockjay has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 106 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Flockjay to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Flockjay employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Flockjay. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

75% of Flockjay employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Flockjay 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Flockjay to be benefits, diversity and inclusion, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Flockjay Job Seekers