Fora Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Fora Financial CEO/ President - Co Founders Jared Feldman and Dan B Smith
Jared Feldman and Dan B Smith

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The management staff at Fora Financial treats the employees like family (in 7 reviews)

• You can expect a 40k base salary plus commission as a Senior Sales Rep (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The sales floor could use renovation (in 5 reviews)

• Not really much of a career path (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great all around"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at Fora Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

What I appreciate the most about the company is they truly value their employees and treat them as assets. They hold their annual review meeting/gathering and include the entire company in evaluating what the company achieved and what their goals are going forward; creating an inclusive culture where everyone's opinion is encouraged and valued. They also gather feedback from the employees anonymously over time and present changes/improvements in the annual meeting. A few examples of recent improvements include a much better health care package and 401k matching. All this was made possible because they took the feedback of their employees seriously. Other pros include good work-life balance, generous bonus structure, open door policy and two ping pong tables, not one, but two!

Best of all, the people who work here are amazing. Everyone's serious about their work and seem committed to the company's goals and mission, but they're not uptight at all, and that includes the leadership team. Great company all around.

Cons

Ping pongs only after 6 pm ;)

Advice to Management

You're doing the right things, keep it up.

2. "Could rennovate the 36th Street office ..."

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Fora Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Appears to have all the tenets of an excellent start-up: good base salary, generous commissions and a lively workforce ...

Cons

Was not impress by the looks of the office upon entering: the sales floor reminded me of a "boiler room" or "bullpen" - sales persons crunched next to each other, small bathroom and break area and unkept interiors ...

Advice to Management

Fix up the 36th Street office to the level and brilliance of the HQ's ...

"Good entry level sales work if you can get it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Fora Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good entry level sales work, their sales reps are typically RIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE with only 2 to 3 years experience in various sales related industries. The turnover ratio is about average for a sales related job if you are "decent" at what you do... you will service. You can expect a 40k base salary plus commission as a Senior Sales Rep. a Junior Sales Rep can expect significantly less in base salary. The company will hire person directly out of college as Senior Reps. (but not for the level above that). I am not quite sure what they use to determine Senior Reps vs Juniors when hiring.

Ps
    The title Senior Sales Rep and Junior Rep is not used on the companies career page.

Cons

Based on my observations, this company does not reflect the diversity and melting pot which is New York City. While they do have minority employees (based on my observations and not my experiences) minority employees have to work twice as hard as their counterparts to get just as far. While they do have minorities in ONE or TWO senior positions, their time at the company is longer than that of their peers... hence "twice as hard to get just as far"

May 17, 2017 – Fora Financial

Fora Financial promotes an inclusive culture, and underrepresented groups make up about half of our workforce. They can be found at all levels and different tenures within the company. Any lateral or... More

4. "Team Lead/ Sr Capital Specialist"

I worked at Fora Financial full-time

Pros

Awesome staff on the sales floor, created some fantastic friendships and great networking exposure. The opportunity for a rep to make money is there but is decreasing quickly.

Cons

Upper management has no vision and does not invest in their people. The company sold a large portion of the equity to Palladium Equity Partners and the culture has declined since. Minimal opportunity for advancement/ very minimal salary increases even with promotions

Advice to Management

Invest in your People! Upper management should start valuing their employees in order to reduce such hire turnover.

May 17, 2017 – Fora Financial

With a recent change in senior management in our Sales department, many of your concerns are now being addressed. In addition to the company wide town hall meetings we host quarterly, we are also now... More

5. "Great all round working environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Fora Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a very rewarding experience at Fora. I think the leadership team deserves a lot of credit for establishing a culture that goes against the toxic micromanaged label attached to start-ups. This place is a breath of fresh air. They actually listen to employee's suggestions and act on them. The company recently added 401k and better health insurance options. They understand the fact that employees are the company's biggest assets. It's all headed in the right direction.

Cons

Not much really. Vacation time off policy could be improved, but I've heard you can discuss it with your managers and they're quite flexible.

Advice to Management

Nothing to say really. Keep up the good work.

6. "Capital specialist"

Current Employee - Capital Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Capital Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Fora Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You want to know how finances work in relation to business? This is the place to be. Absolutely amazing environment on the sales floor. People are extremely helpful. Management pushes you to be truly a best version of yourself in sales. Outstanding training when you are a new hire. Here you learn everything about financial sales. If you can't deal with what fora has to offer, don't waste your time dreaming to become a salesman.

Cons

Probably nothing so far. Wish on the house pizzas were more often. Can't really think of anything so far. Everything is truly amazing

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep growing leaders in your organization. Would be amazing if reps could get opportunities to attend international and domestic business conferences.

7. "Great place to Start"

Former Employee - Capital Specialist in New York, NY

Pros

Great spot for new hires/sales people

Competitive base salary, vacation days, 401k, benefits & uncapped commission earnings

Fairly easy job function where you get to talk to a lot of different people

Great environment of people to work with and befriend outside the office

Monthly luncheons with the entire company, occasional happy hours and holiday parties which are always a great time

Cons

Job gets monotonous at times

Other people can affect results of your work at times

Advice to Management

Upper management (C-level) need to focus more on the retention of the sales department and try to find ways to keep the tenured reps by giving them a reason to want to stay longer.

May 17, 2017 – Fora Financial

We understand inter-department communication is important for driving results, and we have invested in the resources to support individual departments and the company as a whole. We have also... More

8. "Wonderful Improvement!"

I have been working at Fora Financial full-time

Pros

I truly enjoy working at Fora Financial, it's easy going, there is no micro managing and they are loyal. I don't normally feel stressed or pressured here because there is enough trust to allow you to do your job and meet your deadlines.
    I have worked here for several years now and each day feels different than the last. There is never a dull moment and the Company has really grown in size. I must say they have also improved tremendously when it comes to employee appreciation. They have frequent lunches and activities that puts a smile on our faces.
    It's an open door policy so I always feel comfortable going to speak to a Manager to express any concerns I may have. They have always been there to make me feel comfortable and appreciated. This Company as evolved into a real GEM!

Cons

Cons- Not of the company.

9. "Awful management, zero transparency."

Former Employee - Capital Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Fora Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work out of college to get experience and begin career in sales/finance. You can make a lot of money here.

Cons

Management is clueless and could not be more out of touch with employees. I would always wonder if management even communicates to one another. Had terrible management in place and then laid off many employees based on the results tied to the poor management. While you can make a lot of money here, if you don't they will chew you up and spit you out with no professional courtesy.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Meet your employees and actually put in some effort to get to know who you have working for you.

"Incredible Sales Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Fora Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is my first job out of college so it wouldn't fit for me to say this is my favorite job ever, although I'm pretty positive it will be. Actually many friends and co-workers who have left hoping for a better opportunity have actually said the grass was greener over here.
    I have learned a tremendous amount from this company and will continue too, not only in direct sales but in other areas that pertain to life in general. The company offers great room to grow, not strictly based off tenure, but on consistent exceeded goals.
    I have also made some awesome friendships here that I believe will last a lifetime.

Cons

Not allowing reps to stay late at work with a 40 hour work week. If an under-performing rep wants to prove himself, he should be able to work longer hours to obtain goals.

Advice to Management

Non-prospecting managers so we can spend more time assisting on our team's deals. This will allow us more time for teaching, coaching, and strategizing on current deals.