Ford Models Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Guerman Aliev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Once a great place to work"

Former Employee - Credit Collections Specialist in West Babylon, NY
    Former Employee - Credit Collections Specialist in West Babylon, NY

I worked at Ford Models (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment to be creative in job application
    Family like (in beginning)

Cons

New Finance management had no concept of loyalty to the staff and eventually either forced them to leave or replaced them with her own people

Advice to Management

Be careful of new Senior management looking to recreate the wheel especially when they only want their own people

2. "A decent experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Ford Models full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ford is a very relaxed environment. Everyone is very nice. Schedules can be flexible.

Cons

Wages are on the bottom low-end of industry standards. Lower employees are definitely under paid. There are no perks or discounts which is what you'd expect to be working at a "top" leading agency in the industry. They do not offer annual reviews or raises.

Advice to Management

Raises would be appreciated to encourage morale, devotion, and long term dedication among employees, as well as perks. Employees would appreciate incentive.

3. "Ford needs a leader!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Ford Models full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very fun atmosphere with a lot of flexibility and perks. No cubicles or stuffiness. Every day is different and can be exciting.

Cons

No leadership or direction. Management doesnt return phone calls or emails. Unrealistic expectations sometimes. No value put on loyalty or experience.

Advice to Management

Listen and talk to your employees! Understand the modeling business, while still a business, has to be run differently than typical, black and white businesses.

"They are ok"

I worked at Ford Models (More than a year)

Pros

People recognize the name of it. Its know. That can help in modelling career. It doesnt make you will work or make money though if you are in their board.

Cons

Delayed payments and modelling is a hard career because Its very challenging to get respect from people realistically. Be prepared.

Advice to Management

Models are not very treated like human beings many times. Be the company that will make a move on that. Show them some actual respect, fair compesantions and please remember that agencies are supposed to work FOR the model and not the other way around. So pretty much, respect. And I mean, not only in words, but In actions. Financial respect: pay in time, be fair. Professional respect: let us know with advance of schedules, dont waste time of models just because you "can". Make ir necessary then request their time. Thank you.

5. "best people"

Current Employee - Anyonymous in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anyonymous in New York, NY

I have been working at Ford Models full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people who work there are amazing. They really care and aren't what you would expect in the modeling industry. Work life balance is great - the people really are the best!

Cons

Pay is low. Not standard in the industry for some of the staff.

Advice to Management

Management does the best they can with what they have and do take care of their employees.

"Disrespectful environment"

Former Employee - Undisclosed in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Undisclosed in New York, NY

I worked at Ford Models full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Respected name in the fashion industry, so the experience looks great on your resume. Small team, so work is very hands-on. I was in charge of very large projects, which was great for my portfolio.

Cons

Staff is disrespectful and unprofessional. Managers and directors of certain divisions feel their work is more important than other divisions within the company, so they expect you to prioritize them over everyone else. Performance feedback is petty and completely nonconstructive; do not expect to be reviewed on your abilities or competencies, but rather on whether or not you 'measure up' to the predecessor of your position. Expect to be underpaid and taken advantage of, especially if you are young. If you try to stand up for yourself when you're feeling disrespected in the workplace, expect to be chastised. All of this could be prevented if upper management would enforce a more respectful, professional attitude from all employees. Rather than discipline employees who exhibit unacceptable or abusive behavior, many managers make the excuse that "this is the fashion industry, that's the way it is." Overall, I was enjoying the work I was doing and the relative creative freedom I had, but I was ultimately unable to stay because of the disrespectful behavior directed at me despite my hard work. Additionally, my department was severely lacking in structure or hierarchy, which meant that my work was being reviewed/approved by persons who were not qualified to give feedback on the work I was doing. This leads to confusion, ill communication, many rounds of revisions, and projects needlessly dragging on for too long before finally getting axed. Many divisions are extremely inefficient, which always trickles down.

Advice to Management

Discipline your employees if you want to make this a more pleasant place to work and prevent such high turnover. Just because the fashion industry has a notorious reputation doesn't excuse the immature and disrespectful behavior of your staff.

"Intern / Assistant"

Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ford Models (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked directly for Agents in a International modeling agency.
    Interacted with models / clients on daily basis.

Cons

No pay.
    No opportunity for full time employment.

8. "Good company, but large model board"

I worked at Ford Models part-time

Pros

High pay, compensates for travel

Cons

Too many models on their board, you have to keep the agent model relationship very strong, or you don't get work.

"Ford Artist "Management" / Ford Models is A SCAM. You will meet the biggest SNAKES for 'Human-beings' who work here."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Pros

You will get lots of work if you are good at what you do.

Cons

You won't get a PENNY for all of your hard work. FORD DOES NOT PAY ITS PEOPLE.

Advice to Management

Please, if you are booking a model, photographer, hair and makeup artist, wardrobe stylist etc... PLEASE KNOW that these people who work so hard for you are getting their money STOLEN from these DIRTBAG LOSERS at Ford Model agency. They are despicable SCUM and play games with the people they 'represent'. The MIAMI location is absolutely the lowest of the low.

10. "Model"

Current Employee - Model
    Current Employee - Model

I have been working at Ford Models part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of free time, great pay for the time put in

Cons

last minute scheduling, always on call, lots of traveling