Fox Rothschild Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Straub

1. "great firm"

I worked at Fox Rothschild full-time

Pros

a big firm with small firm feel. great benefits

Cons

typical law firm with long hours at time

"Worst place I ever worked."

Former Employee - Paralegal
    Former Employee - Paralegal

I worked at Fox Rothschild full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had some nice co-workers and a nice Office Administrator too. Office Administrator was not allowed to evaluate my work even though she knew much more than a person in the main office who acted like she knew me.

Cons

Where do I begin. Paralegals are ignored. You are just supposed to bill a lot and shut up. No one to go to if you have issues who will return your calls or e-mails.

Advice to Management

You are too big a firm to not have a dedicated manager for Paralegals. This should be someone who has done the job and can get you help when needed.

3. "Associate"

I worked at Fox Rothschild full-time

Pros

Fox Rothschild partners are truly interested in developing the associates working for them -- developing their legal skills and the marketing skills necessary to develop business to support your bid to become a partner.

Cons

Politics is always an issue in a big firm. In my experience, if you aren't in with the in crowd -- i.e., working for a well-connected partner -- you may be overlooked for partnership.

"Great Firm"

I worked at Fox Rothschild full-time

Pros

The training is great. Very nice co-workers very fair office manager

Cons

Some LAAs support up to 5 attorneys others only 1. Some attorneys treat LAAs like their personal slave and disrespect them and nothing is done other than allowing LAA to report bad behavior. It will improve then go back to being the same stuff different day.

Advice to Management

Ask L AAs about training. They do the work. Make work load for LAAs more even and fair

6. "Good environment, smart people all around and always available to help, flexible workplace"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney

I have been working at Fox Rothschild full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I left another major AMLAW 100 firm for a better lifestyle and more substantive experience at a faster pace. I have definitely received that here. The office has been incredibly rewarding, mentoring and energetic. Everyone is willing to help with advice. Definitely gives growth opportunities. Pretty open in its process for partnership and evaluations - and that transparency speaks volumes. What you put in matters and they respect camaraderie, have many women meetings (might differ office to office but so far it is a great support network that they build), willing to listen to issues that you bring up. I've noticed if you have something to say or suggest, there is someone to listen. They have a great summer associate program that is taken very seriously. From what I've heard, those experiences can be very rewarding and actually substantive.

Cons

The only con I had has already been solved with laptops to all associates to allow for more work-from-home options, if/when needed, and for broadband technology everywhere you go with a tablet so that you are always connected without being stressed for not being physically in the office.

"There's a reason why the ABA Journal Says Lawyers are most likely to be Psychopaths"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Fox Rothschild full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay is decent if you are okay with not making a lot of money.

Cons

Partners are horrible for the most part; some a re down right crazy. This excerpt from Psychology Today explains:
    Individuals with psychopathic personality disorder are arrogant and self-centered, and feel privileged and entitled. They have a grandiose, exaggerated sense of self-importance and they are primarily motivated by self-serving goals. They seek power over others and will manipulate, exploit, deceive, con, or otherwise take advantage of others, in order to inflict harm or to achieve their goals. They are callous and have little empathy for others’ needs or feelings unless they coincide with their own. They show disregard for the rights, property, or safety of others and experience little or no remorse or guilt if they cause any harm or injury to others. They may act aggressively or sadistically toward others in pursuit of their personal agendas and appear to derive pleasure or satisfaction from humiliating, demeaning dominating, or hurting others. They also have the capacity for superficial charm and ingratiation when it suits their purposes. They profess and demonstrate minimal investment in conventional moral principles and they tend to disavow responsibility for their actions and to blame others for their own failures and shortcomings.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. What you do isn't brain surgery. Get rid of the dead weight and give your staff bonuses. Morale is very low where I work because of how poorly staff is treated and how their complaints are ignored.

"Blindsided!"

Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Fox Rothschild full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some very talented people there from whom you can learn a lot. Quiet workplace.

Cons

Long hours, poor communication from partners/management to staff.

I was recruited and hand-picked by a very powerful and personable partner to be his legal assistant and to support some associates in his department. I was replacing a long-time, beloved assistant who had decided to work in a different department. Things were left in disarray and I had to pick up all the pieces and clean up years and years of messes.
    Seemed worth it, as the partner was so enthusiastic about having me on board and the work was exciting.
    I learned quickly that the support staff within the department hardly ever worked as a team. Filing piled up everywhere on everyone's desks and it was nearly impossible to ever track down anything filed by anyone else (even though the opposite pertained to me; I was expected to scan every single piece of mail that ever came in to my partner.)
    I asked the other department assistants why they never seemed to have a chance to file, and I found out that certain people felt it was only their responsibility to file items for their assignors; meaning that they would file for their partners but rarely their associates. I took it upon myself to change that system as much as I could and I did all my filing every single day, and took others' as well to get people up to date. Seemed trite, but a little bit went a long way.
    Things were going well and I felt I had the respect of many fellow staff members as well as the attorneys I supported and others in the department. I supported one associate in particular who was an absolute gem of a person and a brilliant lawyer. (She no longer practices.) Then one day, another partner walked past my desk and innocently asked me if I was planning on going to the Blue Bell office with my partner. Apparently, my partner had decided to move to another office permanently, but didn't think it was important to let me know.
    When the friendly partner realized he told me something I didn't know, he quickly backtracked and apologized. Wasn't his fault.
    The next time I saw my partner, I went into his office and asked him about what I heard. He told me, verbatim: "I didn't have any obligation to tell you anything."
    From that point forward, he and I had a very limited relationship. He didn't give me any more work, he barked orders at me, and he didn't greet me in the mornings not ever say goodbye anytime he left for the day.
    My other assignments/attorneys were still giving me plenty of work and I was doing the department's filing and organizing, so I was busy. About a week later, I got a call from HR. This was a Monday afternoon.
    I figured she was going to tell me officially about the partner leaving and re-assign me. Instead, she laid me off and said there was no room for me.
    The weirdest thing was that HR told me I could stay the whole week if I wanted. Come and go as I pleased. I used the next four days to transition assignments for my other attorneys and to file.
    The partner obviously knew I got laid off and never said a word to me after. When he saw me back at work, he asked another assistant if she thought that I was there to help him pack his things.

No room for me sounded legitimate but I saw SO MANY assistant jobs posted for many, many months after for the Philadelphia office. I felt very betrayed and blindsided. Who recruits someone - from another state, mind you - only to leave a few months later and do so in such a nasty way? How was this ok with management? Other people sat by and shook their heads and felt bad but did NOTHING. Their loss. I was an asset to the department and the firm and they can continue to be mediocre and passive.

Advice to Management

Communicate!

"I lived to tell the tale!"

Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Fox Rothschild (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice co-workers; good time off.

Cons

HR has no expertise at the senior management level. It's all about politics not about how well you do your job. Associates are treated "like children" and it's even worse for the Paralegals and Legal support employees. Low performance is acceptable as long as you cater to the top tier. Low moral values are the norm.

Advice to Management

Get some experienced people to run the Firm; not just Valley Girls! Fox Rothschild has grown and now your impacting people's lives! Wake up please!

"administrative Legal Assistant"

Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Fox Rothschild (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are nice to work with.

Cons

HR is terrible. The HR person has no training and is a lawsuit waiting to happen.

"Legal Assistant"

I have been working at Fox Rothschild full-time

Pros

Stable job, no long hours, great vacation and benefits package.

Cons

Horrible bonuses, low pay compared to the average, boring.

Advice to Management

Give better bonuses