FullBloom Baking Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
KAREN TRILEVSKY
1 Rating

1. "It was fun until company was bought"

Current Employee - Strategic Buyer in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Buyer in Newark, CA

I have been working at FullBloom Baking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere as far as the building design, bamboo floors, daily smell of cinnamon lurking the facilities.

Cons

Management makes you feel like your back in elementary school, very hush hush on company info.

Advice to Management

Good luck to Management as the company as been bought and sold to a Global Giant

2. "Small company with big ideas and old technology."

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Newark, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Newark, CA

I have been working at FullBloom Baking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company, friendly employees.
    Free food available most of the time.

Cons

Language barrier results in poor communication between maintenance and production.
    Pay scale for skilled trades very low.
    Safety / sanitation issues overlooked in favor of production.
    Inconsistent work schedules.
    Outdated machinery and facilities are hard to maintain due to lack of resources and parts.
    Skilled trades training non-existant
    You are on your own when it comes to training and safety.
    Lock out tag out is a joke!

Advice to Management

Invest in proper training and pay your maintenance crew adequately and you will see a payoff in the form of reduced down time and better facility upkeep and maintenance..

3. "Fullbloom has wonderful ideas but employee turnover is frequent so everything is unpredictable."

Former Employee - Research and Development in Newark, CA
    Former Employee - Research and Development in Newark, CA

I worked at FullBloom Baking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lab is quiet, large, nice equipment. Plant is nice equipment with nice employees.

Cons

Employee Turn ever and continual change in direction.

Advice to Management

Hire personnel and let them do their job

5. "Great PLace to Work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

* Leed Certified - We have a platinum rating & follow Sustainability practice and green. Being a nature person, I really like this.

* Manage - The best thing is that we have authority to manage our department without being micro managed. I really like my job as I work in the same field as my degree.

* Learnings / Trainings - Ability to learn different things in other departments makes the job very interesting & challenging. We have good Training & Individual Development plan that will help to grow our careers.

* Values - Treating everyone with Respect is one of the many values we have here. It's really fun to work here. Most of us have a great pride & passion for the work we do here.

* Benefits - Onsite Gym, Cafe that serves ORGANIC fruits & vegetables round the clock along with Freshly brewed coffee. We also have Boot Camp, Pilates, Yoga, Zumba on a regular basis.

Cons

I wish that we had multiple plants through out the country. This would have made us to go to different places and spend some time there.

Advice to Management

I would say "Sky is the Limit to Grow". Lets keep growing and open few other plants nationally & Internationally.

6. "Great Place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Pros

I have been here in this company for more than few years now and I feel great to be as part of the team here in Fullbloom Baking. I feel proud to be a part of the company, who is LEED certified with Platinum rating, which supports sustainability and Green. As a nature person, I just love this part.

I also love the part that here we can run the department without being micro managed. The team that we currently have has a great experience and feels great to work with all people who are intellectuals.

I have gained the knowledge of different departments by working closely with them , we are always learning good things through trainings, coaching, individual development plan process and Cross Training.

We also have Cafe that serves ORGANIC fruits and vegetables, Fresh Brewed Coffee round the clock with no cost. We also have the in house GYM facilities, do Boot camp, Yoga , Pilates & Zumba on a weekly basis with trained instructor.

Overall - My journey in Career has been great, with 70 % of my career being here in FullBloom Baking.

Cons

I wish we had multiple Plants like this in the entire country which gives flexibility to go and work if we have to relocate. But California (Especially Bay Area) is Great and no complain there.

Advice to Management

I would say "Sky is the limit to grow", so lets keep growing and expand the Business in different segments.

7. "Great Place/Poor De"

I worked at FullBloom Baking full-time

Pros

Small Company, most of the people are great people, great benefits, flexible hours. CEO cares for her employees. Values family and future.

Cons

Favoritism. You cannot get to a higher position if top management don't like you. Pay is low in my opinion.

Advice to Management

They need to let go those who doesn't provide nothing to the company even if they have been there for a long time.

8. "R&D"

I worked at FullBloom Baking full-time

Pros

worked on multiple projects, fast paced, high energy atmosphere.

Cons

Projects weren't well organized and we didn't get a sense of how they were moving along.

"Horrible, worst place I've ever worked"

Pros

The free daily grub doesn't suck

Cons

Everything else! There is a mass exodus of staff going on here and I can see why. They're struggling with processes, training and growth procedures. You can not continue to "do it like we always have" and grow. A lot of changes need to happen. Moral is beyond low. No one laughs or enjoys themselves here. It's really pathetic. I work here because I need a job, but trust me, I'm looking to get out!!! Worst place I have ever worked and it's really sad because I wanted in so badly. Now, I can't wait to get out!!

Advice to Management

Establish some quality procedures and implement them across the board. Process; Process; Process! You're not curing cancer, you're simply delivering delicious baked goods to the people; don't make it more difficult than it is.