Gattaca Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Gattaca Chief Executive Officer Brian Wilkinson
Brian Wilkinson

Pros
  • The commission structure is both class leading and uncapped and the benefits offered are very competitive (in 5 reviews)

• Senior Management really listen to input (perhaps too much (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • This has been the most unprofessional place I have ever worked (in 2 reviews)

• unfortunately the career progression slows down the higher you get, so that's why it's a good place to learn for 3-6 years (in 2 reviews)

1. "Delivery Consultant"

Pros

Everyone in the office is friendly and welcoming. Management is approachable and make it so you are comfortable in your position. Company is currently going through a merger which is creating a positive impact on the Dallas office in particular as business is looking to ramp up in the U.S. They have offices around the globe and there is opportunity to transfer. 20 days of PTO and incentive trips!

Cons

They are pretty strict about punctuality and you have to dress business casual every day. Not enough training in place at the moment but it is something they are working on. Coffee in the break room is not the best.

Advice to Management

Invest more time in the employees you value and give them some sort of recognition when they succeed in their jobs.

"my experience and what I'm seeing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation is 4 weeks, 20 days.
    Good people, and usually people go out for drink in the evening.
    Tends to be a little HR relaxed sometimes.
    Good Business potential in some areas. Some industries are dying out.
    No cap on Commissions
    new offices are Nice and good location.
    good place to break into Agency recruiting,

Cons

Some sides of the business are struggling and dying out.
    There is favoritism to the Expats.
    base pay was a lot lower than industry standard.
    Minimal growth opportunity.
    too much talk from some Delivery leads and really emotional meetings. Delivery leads can't lead by example, so will try to bully you around.
    New North America manager is implementing new HEAVY metrics guidelines.
    Hiring more and more Expats, even for recruiter roles, to replace locals seems like, and also gives them control over them,

Advice to Management

Ehh, tough to say, since the New Office / North America Manager is American, but most all employees are Brits in the Office, so will be tough to see what kind impact he could have. They even have a "minority room" as the Expats labeled it, where there are people that are not British sit, shows a little about the culture.

"Worst decision, Americans beware!"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vacation time is 4 weeks

Cons

I really regret accepting the position at this company. I had better offers salary wise, but I bought in to their commission structure and their benefits package. This has been the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Don't even think about disagreeing with the team manager. She will retaliate and make your life hell. Brits are held to a different standard than Americans. There is so much discrimination against the Americans. They let them go so quickly, but seems like anyone they've relocated from the UK is at such an advantage because of what they've invested in them. They will even help them make placements over US employees to justify their being here. I've watched them let so many good employees go (all American) that have completely outperformed those on visas.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. Even though you have an American director, you're not involved in the day to day on the sales floor. The discrimination here is so bad. Also, the way your managers talk to employees behind closed doors is awful. Like most of us Americans, I'm looking for a new job and cannot get out of here fast enough.

Jan 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback which is disturbing to say the least. Gattaca has a formal grievance procedure which is available to you and I would urge you to avail yourself of it. I can assure you ... More

"Waste of time"

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The vacation time is 20 days. 4 weeks, that's all I can say as I have to write twenty words

Cons

If you're into high school drama- this place is for you! The staff are the most childish bunch of people I have ever met. People gossip about each other and make up lies about others, if that's not bad enough- the managers jump in on the gossip train as well! Ex pats rule, so don't even think you'll get far. They have NO clients so please don't let them fool you into thinking you'll make money. If you're in a business development role- don't expect to get business as they only want the ex pats to do so, not the locals (because that's makes sense).

Advice to Management

Favoritism is really bad and I suggest you grow a backbone and not let others control you... Even those of a lesser title...

"great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Pros

Everyone is friendly and polite - good opportunities in sales to make MO eyes and travel

Cons

I have not come across any problems s working for this company

"Delivery Consultant"

Pros

Great Benefits & Diverse Atmosphere

Cons

Low Pay & poor Work-Life Balance

Advice to Management

Pay More

Mar 9, 2016

We're glad you got to see some of the employee benefits that we've been able to introduce after the acquisition - there are even more available now. We hope your departure from the company wasn't ... More

"Irresponsibly Unreliable"

Former Employee - IT Management in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IT Management in Austin, TX

Pros

I wish I could find one! OK, their weekly reporting system is user-friendly, and if a contractor still has questions, there are always people available to assist quickly.

Cons

I had a full-time well-paid position when I got a call from Networkers recruiter offering me a contract-to-hire opportunity for prestige large company, projected better pay and more interesting responsibilities. This guy told me that he knows his client inside out, it is risk free to join its team at the end of Q3 and, if anything goes wrong, he will place me to other of their numerous clients. After three weeks of working on this contract, it appeared that my client started experiencing major budgeting shortage, which Networkers (including my recruiter) had no idea about. As a contractor, I was let go with sincere regrets of my hiring manager, who assured me that as soon as they become stable he will take me back (which eliminates my performance issue). Moreover, Networkers did not have any clients in my area or near it to place me in. As result, I missed four months of productive work out of my career history – “thanks” to Networkers.

Advice to Management

Management, you are playing with alive people careers - highly unethical thing to do! Think about it.

9. "We are only as good as the people we have"

Current Employee - Divisonal Manager in Whiteley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Divisonal Manager in Whiteley, England (UK)

Pros

Culture
    Our people
    Management
    Extremely structured career progression for sales and group services staff.
    Reputation
    Strength of our client and candidate relationships
    Second to none for trainee consultants looking to be trained the right way

Cons

Because of our quality and reputation we are sometimes an easy target for disgruntled or unprofessional leavers and competitors who may have a chip on their shoulder.
    Because of new start ups offering larger basic salaries it is becoming more and more difficult to attract trainees.
    We don't always have the answers (this could also be a positive as it encourages people development)

Advice to Management

Need to be more vocal about the fact we are a professional sales business
    Should be stronger with underperformance

Feb 26, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback - it's always interesting to read the thoughts of an established staff member in a senior role. I note your positive criticisms and on the subject of trainee recruitment I ... More

10. "Rewards people who put in the work"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Whiteley, England (UK)

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities to earn a fair amount of money if you work in the right market and have the right attitude
    The management do go out of their way to listen to any problems you have or worries
    There is a good family culture and a relaxed environment
    Company Car and Good Incentive Schemes

Cons

Earning potential very much depends on market conditions and your effort that you are willing to put in.
    Basic is low compared to other industries/sales roles

Advice to Management

Pay higher basics to those who are valued and have given their time and effort to Gattaca - Good Recruiters are surprisingly difficult to find.

Feb 26, 2017 – CEO

Good to read your feedback and thanks for your comments on our family culture. You're right about the fact that I. Recruitment you get out what you put in and can effectively control your own ... More

11. "Good culture, lacking in support"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Gattaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable culture
    Plenty of events
    Basic training is provided
    Great people in my direct team
    The company isn't guilty of a revolving door culture like many recruitment firms

Cons

Lack of ongoing support or direction from my line manager
    My department (permanent) seemed to have to work against the contract team that covered our sector, rather than with them as one business.
    High threshold for new starters, six months threshold free is not enough time to make decent money in a permanent market.
    Some middle managers did little to warrant any respect from consultants. Billing money doesn't make you worthy of respect if you're a bad leader.

Advice to Management

Seriously look to address the issues the business has between permanent and contract recruitment, these teams should be working together to advance the business offering, not constantly creating grief for one another.