Gattaca Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Gattaca Chief Executive Officer Brian Wilkinson
Brian Wilkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The commission structure is both class leading and uncapped and the benefits offered are very competitive (in 7 reviews)

• Senior Management really listen to input (perhaps too much (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours expected with little reward (in 5 reviews)

• Not a negative of Gattaca, but Recruitment generally (in 10 reviews)

1. "Fantastic Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great growth opportunities. Amazing benefits, including 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision along with 20 days of PTO + all the major holidays. Great people with a great attitude. Clear career pathing. Truly a career, not a job. We keep to our motto of "work hard, play hard"

Cons

None so far, as cliche as that may be.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on growing the business and people.

May 21, 2017 – CEO

Many thanks for your positive comments - 'Love your Job'!

2. "Beware"

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and pay is in line with or above market. Some great people work there!

Cons

Beware Americans, If you are not an Ex Pat you will be treated second class. Comp plan changes often. Management team seems to be inexperienced. Corporate grind and fire culture.

Advice to Management

Creating the right culture at this crucial point in the Americas office will make or break you.

Jun 12, 2017 – CEO

Strong sense of deja cu here. I seem to have responded to this poster more than once! Having visited our Dallas office only last month I don't understand where this sentiment is coming from. I... More

"Great so far!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Plano, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Established career pathing, 20 days of PTO PLUS a week off a Christmas and holidays, 100% benefits coverage for employee, 401k coming. Have been here for about a month now and truly enjoy coming to work every day. With big ambitions and high growth, there will be growing pains, but management has been great about listening to employee suggestions and incorporating them into business and plans.

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons that I've come across. Most complaints had been about career pathing, which is now well established and transparent. With tangible targets to hit, the sky is the limit based on your efforts and production.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees. Rewards, recognition, and monthly targets keep us engaged and appreciated. Continue moving forward, and let's see what we can do as a whole moving forward!

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast Paced
    Lot's of growth opportunity
    Competitive salaries
    Great commission plan
    North American expansion plans
    Positive environment
    Attainable incentive plans
    Prepared to provide external development resources if not readily available internally
    Pride in what we do

Cons

Went through an acquisition around two years ago and like anywhere else going through similar changes there were some teething issues. However we have come out the other side and are all the better for it. Senior management has a clear vision of growth through the forthcoming years and I am exited to be a part of it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The changes that have been made are very positive and have made us stronger and our customer's happier. Unfortunately when going through expansion mode there are always going to be people that aren't willing to step up.

5. "It's all about you.."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined this company in late '15 and was given a lot of autonomy from the start. Management recognized the potential I had and immediately let me go out there and work a new market, giving me the freedom to build up my own business, supporting me along the way but ultimately trusting me to choose my target clients and break new accounts in the way that suited my personality and skillset which was very empowering.

I joined as Networkers was acquired by Matchtech ultimately creating the Gattaca group which has led to a number of positive changes;
    - We now have a spacious and slick new office which is branded throughout and makes for an inspiring work environment.
    - We now have a very strong international presence with the reputations of two well established companies to now leverage when developing new accounts.

Commission here is a real pro, you are well compensated for the placements you make.

Incentive - hit your number and you will also enjoy a an all-expenses paid long weekend abroad.

Money Putt Friday - make a placement and get a chance to make a putt for a bonus $50!

Attitude - the company is all about Attitude. I think a lot of recruitment agencies have people living in fear that unless they hit their number their head's on the chopping board. I've seen recruiters here get let go who exceeded their number but had a bad attitude and others kept on who had not necessarily brought in the revenue but who were working hard and wanting to better themselves.

Cons

All of the above rests on putting in the work. It's a work hard / play hard environment: you have to be prepared to put in the former to enjoy the latter.

I guess for most people this is a given but reading a couple of reviews of employees who clearly wanted all the benefits without the graft I guess I should mark this down as a con for those who are that way inclined.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the delivery function. A lot of the BD guys have brought on some big new accounts and are anxious to maximize on these.

6. "Fun place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good culture, weekly incentives, good recognition, great commission plans, minimum 20 days PTO, expanding rapidly, opportunities for growth.

Cons

Only one US office right now, hard to compete with nationwide agencies. Back office overhaul has caused some disruption.

Advice to Management

-Rollout career development plans, general consensus is more career progression communication is needed.

7. "I would not recommend"

I worked at Gattaca full-time

Pros

A lot of other people mentioned the insurance and vacation. These are pretty unbeatable and comes in handy.

Cons

Even with the 4 weeks of vacation, any days off/sick days are spent working from home anyway. You're expected to arrive early, work late, etc. In my time there expats definitely did rule the office. There was a lot of micromanaging and petty meetings/conversations that wasted so much time. Hopefully things have changed now, but in my opinion, management should have been more active team players. It felt a bit like every man for himself.

Advice to Management

Establish clear plans for promotion/growth.

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

I'm surprised that you have holiday as both a pro and a con - if you're being made to work it's not holiday! I'm sorry that your experience was bad but I believe that things in Plano are positive now... More

"my experience and what I'm seeing"

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vacation is 4 weeks, 20 days.
    Good people, and usually people go out for drink in the evening.
    Tends to be a little HR relaxed sometimes.
    Good Business potential in some areas. Some industries are dying out.
    No cap on Commissions
    new offices are Nice and good location.
    good place to break into Agency recruiting,

Cons

Some sides of the business are struggling and dying out.
    There is favoritism to the Expats.
    base pay was a lot lower than industry standard.
    Minimal growth opportunity.
    too much talk from some Delivery leads and really emotional meetings. Delivery leads can't lead by example, so will try to bully you around.
    New North America manager is implementing new HEAVY metrics guidelines.
    Hiring more and more Expats, even for recruiter roles, to replace locals seems like, and also gives them control over them,

Advice to Management

Ehh, tough to say, since the New Office / North America Manager is American, but most all employees are Brits in the Office, so will be tough to see what kind impact he could have. They even have a "minority room" as the Expats labeled it, where there are people that are not British sit, shows a little about the culture.

Feb 28, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback - it's good to read your positives. Your criticisms are also appreciated and these raise issues I have recently been made aware of and which we are working to address. I must... More

"Worst decision, Americans beware!"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX

I have been working at Gattaca full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vacation time is 4 weeks

Cons

I really regret accepting the position at this company. I had better offers salary wise, but I bought in to their commission structure and their benefits package. This has been the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. Don't even think about disagreeing with the team manager. She will retaliate and make your life hell. Brits are held to a different standard than Americans. There is so much discrimination against the Americans. They let them go so quickly, but seems like anyone they've relocated from the UK is at such an advantage because of what they've invested in them. They will even help them make placements over US employees to justify their being here. I've watched them let so many good employees go (all American) that have completely outperformed those on visas.

Advice to Management

Pay attention. Even though you have an American director, you're not involved in the day to day on the sales floor. The discrimination here is so bad. Also, the way your managers talk to employees behind closed doors is awful. Like most of us Americans, I'm looking for a new job and cannot get out of here fast enough.

Jan 25, 2017

Thank you for your feedback which is disturbing to say the least. Gattaca has a formal grievance procedure which is available to you and I would urge you to avail yourself of it. I can assure you... More

"Waste of time"

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Consultant in Plano, TX

I worked at Gattaca full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The vacation time is 20 days. 4 weeks, that's all I can say as I have to write twenty words

Cons

If you're into high school drama- this place is for you! The staff are the most childish bunch of people I have ever met. People gossip about each other and make up lies about others, if that's not bad enough- the managers jump in on the gossip train as well! Ex pats rule, so don't even think you'll get far. They have NO clients so please don't let them fool you into thinking you'll make money. If you're in a business development role- don't expect to get business as they only want the ex pats to do so, not the locals (because that's makes sense).

Advice to Management

Favoritism is really bad and I suggest you grow a backbone and not let others control you... Even those of a lesser title...

Mar 30, 2017 – CEO

I've only just seen this review but I believe the current environment in our US office is not represented here - see more recent reviews