GlobalSign Reviews | Glassdoor

GlobalSign Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2019

Found 42 reviews

3.6
GlobalSign CEO Ichiro Chujo (no image)
Ichiro Chujo

"One of the best places to work in New England"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people make GlobalSign a great place to work at, I’ve learned so much and had great support and kindness from people all around the world working here in a truly global company. PM leadership team Rocks! Further, and perhaps most importantly, the vision of the company working on innovative cloud PKI products is very exciting.

Cons

Hardly anything objectionable, normal growing and shifting minor pains.

Advice to Management

Keep on focusing on the vision and mission of the company, and keep up the investment in your strategic initiatives which I believe will continue to give GlobalSign a competitive edge in the trusted ID / PKI market for the next 5 years.

GlobalSign2018-05-16

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! We always strive to have a positive and encouraging environment for our employees!

"Great Place to work! Wonderful people."

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

The product line is very nice the technology behind it well thought out. Plenty of growth potential in a great market. The focus of the office is to make the employees healthy and happy. It’s a very relaxed place to work. Everyone is so friendly.

Cons

Salary is on the low side of industry standard.

Advice to Management

With the evolving product suite and the move to less retail and more enterprise solutions, GlobalSign should be more competitive with pay to attract and retain experienced employees.

GlobalSign2019-08-15

August 16, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalSign! We value the honest feedback and want to assure the company does make every effort to maintain our benefits and compensation programs to attract the best talent possible.

3. "Positive and Collaborative Workplace"

I worked at GlobalSign part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work-life balance Coworkers Work environment Employee recognition Bonus plan

Cons

Low salary Cliquey Route four traffic Parking You will always be busy

Advice to Management

Pay workers fairly - accounting for local pay rates.

GlobalSign2019-03-18

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We do strive to promote a true work/life balance and are always taking feedback on what employees and workers are looking for. I hope you have noticed some of these changes recently within the office.

"Hope they make it"

I worked at GlobalSign full-time

Pros

work and life balance is great

Cons

favorites get treated well, no one gets bonus unless your a favorite of upper managment

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites and treat everyone equal

GlobalSign2018-06-19

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

I'm sorry to hear you felt this way during your employment with GlobalSign. We appreciate the honest feedback.

5. "Strong team and interesting technology market space"

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible work and team environments - Expanding company strategy into new markets like IoT - International business environment - Opportunity available for those with drive - Great work - life balance supported by leadership

Cons

- Operates in a low overhead mindset, employees need to be self starters to thrive - International environment does add overhead to communication and coordination over time zones

Advice to Management

Need to continue to increase investment to grow Engineering and technical skills in the company

GlobalSign2018-01-19

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We do appreciate your review and take comments like these into consideration when we evaluate changes within the office.

"Great Place to Work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

I worked at GlobalSign full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Offers work from home when needed, management trusts employees to get the job done, no micro-managing. They offer a relaxed dress code and great benefits/time-off package, ample sick time if you have kids. Good people to work with.

Cons

Management can become disengaged from the staff when they are under a lot of pressure. The Japan headquarters personnel that interact with the U.S. office staff have much to learn about U.S. workplace culture and reasonable expectations of staff.

Advice to Management

Check in with your direct reports. Don't assume everything is okay. Be proactive in asking them questions. Especially if they've undergone a recent change with their role responsibilities, have been assigned to a new manager or have had recent life events outside of the workplace.

GlobalSign2017-10-02

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. There are always challenges when working with different cultures and across a Global environment. Responses like this help us collaborate and work together to improve these types of situations.

7. "Decent company to work at."

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time

Pros

They try to help out whenever possible, lots of potential growth in this sector.

Cons

Getting things done can take some time.

Advice to Management

Less divesting would help make things run much smoother.

GlobalSign2017-09-18
  8. "Globalsign"

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice work environment nice people and exciting projects Heavily investing in cool new Iot identity solutions

Cons

If your not from Seacoast area commute can be long But flexible schedules are tolerated

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the ideas and work culture needs of the new millennium

GlobalSign2016-08-31

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate the dedication from all of our employees and they are what will drive us further!

"Watch your back"

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Come in, be quiet, stay pleasant and do your work and you get paid if you cooperate.

Cons

Sales quotas increase but not your salary. Forced to manage chat lines instead of assigned territory

Advice to Management

GlobalSign needs more robust and experienced leadership. Too many officers and managers learning as they go.

GlobalSign2016-08-31

"Save yourself a headache"

I have been working at GlobalSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good life work balance, good product, nice co-workers, very relax dress code, so you will comfortable, bring your on device option

Cons

Terrible management, very stressful to work no vision of where things need to go or what to do. Things get escalated daily and senior management just focusing on the fire of the day instead of focusing on issues that will help in the long term. No vision as to what the future of the company is, therefore no future. It feels worse everyday. Little to no training, employees are expected to learn on the fly, managers... lack coaching and mentoring skills. Given the case of a controversy HR will take sides, and it's usually on the managers. The decisions are taken based on influence or gossip.

Advice to Management

Create established procedures, inform and guide the employees rather than blaming them for management's indecision and lack of communication. Set realistic goals and try not to depend on Japan for everything.

GlobalSign2016-08-10

July 19, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm sorry you had a negative experience and I hope over the past couple of years you have experienced a positive change in the environment.

Found 42 reviews