GlobalSpec Reviews

Updated Oct 29, 2016

3.2
GlobalSpec Chairman and CEO Jeff Killeen (no image)
Jeff Killeen
  1. "It's an amazing company to work for and they treat their employees great."

5.0
    Account Executive in East Greenbush, NY

I have been working at GlobalSpec

Pros

They are a very professional company to work for. When you walk into the company's building it is clean and professional looking. It makes me proud to work there. All departments work great together and the departments support the sales group in every way possible. The company's products work and therefore very easy to stand behind and sell. I would suggest to anyone to work for this company if possible.

Cons

Sitting at a desk all day is different to me and can be uncomfortable at times.

2. "great company to work with"

I worked at GlobalSpec

Pros

great people , best product platform , great management

Cons

nothing to say , no cons

3. "Great leadership and amazing platforms, until........"

Sales in White Plains, NY

I worked at GlobalSpec for more than 5 years

Pros

The early leaders had a true vision for the organization and it was an amazing place to work. You could truly believe in what you were selling. Feedback was constant, and you could truly grow as an individual and as part of a team.

Cons

The acquisition by IHS quickly changed the culture for the worst. They had no idea how to run a B2B media company and brought in, outside senior management that completely crushed the morale of some amazing colleagues. Top performers were laid off on a "whim" times, and the directors and VPs that grew the organization to where it had gotten consistently, had their abilities and strategies undermined by top management in IHS, and the senior leaders they brought in from the outside.

Continue reading
  4. "Sad to see the demise of a company that was great"

2.0
    Sales in Albany, NY

I worked at GlobalSpec for more than 10 years

Pros

Co workers and focus that company had on excellent customer service. Very good marketing products for manufacturers - prior to the company being acquired by IHS

Cons

Being acquired by IHS who had no knowledge of b2b marketing and media. They drove the company down by bringing in outside management with no industry expertise

Continue reading
  5. "Great product-tumultous times"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at GlobalSpec full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

forward thinking company with a great product but part of a larger organization that does not understand how to properly manage. Day to day was typical sales and you are fairly independent to manage your own business. Great people

Cons

Poor management decisions from the corporate level

6. "Pretty good"

I have been working at GlobalSpec full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many good people; part of a huge company (which is good and bad); interesting work.

Cons

Part of a huge company (good and bad); lots and lots of downsizing in the past 12 months or so which is stressful since you don't know when it will be you, and because the work still needs to get done. In some ways, they can't get out of their own way with bureaucracy. Hoping that will improve based on what the new CEO is saying about his goals.

7. "It was fun and idealistic then not so much."

in Troy, NY

I worked at GlobalSpec

Pros

This was a fun place to work when this was a startup. We had grand plans on how we would change the field of internet search.

Cons

Early euphoria dissolved into disappointment as new investor management team made it clear that they would chase the advertisers instead of staying true to the users. The patience was not there for a "build it and they will come".

8. "Pre-Sale Evaluation"

I worked at GlobalSpec

Pros

Loved working for the company before it was bought by IHS. I'm note sure what's happening at the company now. It used to be a very innovative place with lots of smart people.

Cons

Heard there has been lost of turnover since IHS bought the company.

9. "A Company with Vision, Constantly on the Move!"

I worked at GlobalSpec

Pros

Kept growing their product lines and adding value for the user, and the customer. Top of the line compensation, bonuses, benefits.

Cons

Constant growth came with ongoing restructuring and continuing shifts in Management, which made for some confusion. Pretty high pressure sales environment.

10. "Great company great team"

Former Employee - Digital Media Executive in East Greenbush, NY

I worked at GlobalSpec full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people provided great leadership and the ability to learn

Cons

They only look at what you did for me lately

Found 36 reviews