KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GoCo Group Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2021

Found 61 of over 65 reviews

4.3
GoCo Group CEO Matthew Crummack  (no image)
Matthew Crummack
Pros
  • "The flexibility has been amazing during these times of Covid-19 with support offered to make working from home easier(in 4 reviews)

• "People say the best thing about GoCo is the people and they’re not wrong(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be difficult to get face time with senior management because of busy schedules(in 4 reviews)

• "Not really any major concerns that effect my life at Gocompare, everything is thought of from fruit Monday's to coffee and squash(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee

Go place, but with comparing with the others before deciding

Apr 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

location, feel, people and ethos

Cons

politics, old school thinking, limited staff pool due to location

HR Director

Bonjour GoCo Alumni... like the pun! Firstly, thank you for your feedback. It is super important and we will take that on board. Being a Group now based in Newport (Wales), Soho (London) and Aloa (Edinburgh) we now have more opportunities to attract the best the market has to offer. #BigGoCoLove #LifeAtGoCompare

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good company to work with

Aug 20, 2021 - Test Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits. Nice company. Good and friendly atmosphere. Encourages Continuous professional development

Cons

Looks like always merging and demerging

3. The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company - poorly managed

Aug 13, 2021 - Manager in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and good people

Cons

CEO - does a good job of appearing like a "people" person. However very high turnover of senior executives reporting into him who have all since left and really did not have a clear handle on the technology transformation required. Also lacked a coherent strategy.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Lost it's heart

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced business always pushing for the best performance. Some real star employees in the business who drive a positive atmosphere.

Cons

so many layers of cliquey hierarchy mean little progression internally. Most of the key people who made gocompare great to work in have now been made redundant in the acquisition. Future group doesn't show signs of any value on work-life balance with most teams urgently understaffed and overworked. Lots of empty promises are made and rarely delivered on.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great benefits and people

May 10, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

People were lovely A lot of effort was put into making it a good place to work Lots of benefits Nice working environment

Cons

When the company sold it became cutthroat

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

An amazing place to work

Apr 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits Culture Ability to add value and think outside the box Great salary Bonus scheme Share scheme

Cons

Recently been acquired - hopefully this incredible company keeps the culture going forward.

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One year at GoCo so far

Nov 24, 2020 - Trainee Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere is relaxed and people are given the chance to learn at their own pace when possible. Seniors are generally available to help and give advice. There is attention to people's physical health and mental health and there's a few initiatives such as charity events and meditation apps which are given to employees for free. Private health insurance is provided at a very low cost. Upgrades to tools such as standing desks and orthopedic chairs are provided if requested to HR. The chance to work remotely is currently provided at the moment because of covid-19, but the office is also open for people who are having difficulties dealing with working from home by booking the desk in advance.

Cons

No dental insurance deal at the moment is provided. Commuting to Newport can be hard at times, but the company seems to be open to giving the chance to working remotely more often also after covid-19.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work, great people, exciting innovation

Nov 24, 2020 - Junior Data Scientist in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are everything and the business puts in a lot of effort to help people connect with team nights, away days, summer BBQ etc. I have always found management to be open and compassionate, whilst still expecting and pushing for results. Access to training and conferences is usually granted given a sufficient business case, and there is no discrimination against junior's vs. senior's when booking onto these things. Flexible working was accepted before covid but is now actively encouraged and the people team have done a great job supporting people through the crisis. There are some pockets of innovation around the business that will be launching some exciting ideas, proving that GoCo will be around for a while still to come!

Cons

Politics can often get in the way of progression. The business seems to contract out projects before properly assessing what is required from it, which often leads to wasted time and money. Career pathways and job roles aren't accessible, so it is difficult to know what areas to develop in order to achieve career progression.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Relly look after their staff

Mar 25, 2021 - Software Engineer in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Good benefits, Great flexibility and they seem to actually care about their employees.

Cons

Recently taken over by Future and the new work contract is not looking as good as the current one. Early days so hoping they will continue to look after the staf as well as they did before the new management.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks so much for your review and I appreciate your openness about the recent developments. We appreciate that an acquisition can provide some elements of uncertainty for our staff and we assure you that the values we live and breathe by at GoCo are fundamental to our success now and in the future. Some change is natural during these times so do bear with us and overall there is a positive and exciting future ahead as we are able to scale the comparison brands and expand our service offering to our customers. Our staff are and will always be at the heart of making this possible.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Mar 27, 2021 - Head of IT
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, culture, salary, opportunities, flexibility

Cons

None that I can think of

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you so much for your review and taking the time to express how much you love working at GoCo! I am pleased to hear that we all take great pride in our culture and are a business that encourages development/growth of our people and that this permeates through to all levels and areas within the business.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 61 Reviews