Government Service Insurance System Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "great company"

Former Employee - Retail Management Intern in Maineville, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Management Intern in Maineville, OH

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay, coworkers are very friendly, have opportunities to grow within the company, positive work enviroment that conduces learning and growth

Cons

there are no cons of this company. everything i experienced here was happy and positive. never had any issues and would reccomend to many

Advice to Management

maybe get on your employees levels more often. sometimes they think they dont need to help as much as others which can become incredibly frustrating

2. "glass ceiling"

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time

Pros

security of tenure, plenty of lateral movement

Cons

periodic change in management, no vacancy for higher technical positions

3. "Officer I/Division Chief (Assistant Manager)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tenure and the very best benefits.

Cons

Government owned and run is a downside. Politics overpowers the logical business direction of the Corporation. Work/Life Balance does not exist. Career opportunities is very low due to political recommendations.

4. "Senior General Insurance Specialist"

Pros

Being part of the Government Service Insurance System is an honor. The Best Insurance Institution in the Philippines and world class quality service and employees. We will relentlessly strive for continual improvement in our services driven by integrity, professionalism and a culture of public service.

Cons

There is no downside working at Government Service Insurance System. It is my honor to become part of this institution to serve with honor and dignity to its members.

5. "Staff Officer I"

Former Employee - Staff Officer I in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Staff Officer I in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is good to work at the Government Service Insurance System because it is one of the most stable government agencies in the country.

Cons

The downside in working in the Government Service Insurance System is the management that basically made a very drastic turn-around in the release of benefits that the employees religiously receive.

Advice to Management

Government Service Insurance System is an agency that gives assistance to all government employees, and they are called members. The members were given an all out financial assistance every now and then. But just a reminder the employees of this agency are also members of the GSIS. Benefits that are regularly given should not be removed from the employees. These benefits are the reinforcements of the employees to serve more effectively.

6. "Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Intern - Intern in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was assigned at the Bulacan branch of GSIS. The office place is nice and the employees are friendly. They will really make you feel appreciated after you've helped them with some tasks.

Cons

There is no Cons in this organization. But the only problem is with the parking area, because the parking area is not under the management of GSIS, so, there is a parking fee.

Advice to Management

Maybe they should go back to their old location which is at the Cabanas Malolos, because the parking there is for free.

"Officer I"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of benefits, bonuses.

Cons

minimal career growth, typical to any government institutions/companies.

"Great benefits but very low pay for a very sophisticated job assignment"

Former Employee - Investment Research Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Investment Research Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent retirement plan and insurance coverage

Cons

Very low pay and politics is everywhere

9. "My experience is that I have learned to live with pressure and declining finances."

Current Employee - Staff Officer I in Cebu City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Staff Officer I in Cebu City (Philippines)

I have been working at Government Service Insurance System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable and secure, stable and secure, stable and secure, stable and secure, stable and secure.

Cons

benefits and allowances are being slashed and is giving us rank and file a hard time in dealing with our finances as an employee

Advice to Management

must make moves to enhance benefits, allowances, salary increases to cope with every employees declining finances.

"I worked for more than 25 years in this office and if I will go back in time, I will still choose GSIS as employer."

Former Employee - Senior Management
    Former Employee - Senior Management

I worked at Government Service Insurance System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1. Stability of the Company;
    2. Promotes career advancement;
    3. Provides adequate training for employees;
    4. Employees welfare are well taken care of, both compensation and benefits;
    5. Competitive salary with the private sector; and
    6. Good working condition with state of the art facilities

Cons

1. Change in leadership normally brings uncertainty and affects negatively the morale of the employees.
    2. Heavy workload per employee