HATCHBEAUTY Reviews

HATCHBEAUTY President Preston Bottomy
Preston Bottomy
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

This help launch my beauty career and it has paid dividends since!

Oct 4, 2020 - Associate Brand Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely high growth, fast paced and appreciated being immersed in high growth startup. If you come ready to work, this place is a dream. It is a bit sink or swim so if you expect to just be handed assignments, punch in and punch out, you should look elsewhere. I have since moved on to other beauty companies but am so grateful to have gotten my sea legs here. I was pleased that my brand manager took me under her wing. She allowed me to provide creative input while also simultaneously delivering constructive feedback while I still utilize today. If you are an A or B+player, you will thrive here.

Cons

If you are a C/D player, you will resent the pace. Not much hand holding.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Was great once... but would be nervous to join now.

May 27, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Products are high quality. People are nice.

Cons

While I was at HatchBeauty the leadership was lacking and constantly changing. The intent is genuine to grow and build, but the talent and resources are not available. Lots of last minute changes and quick needs, so no one ever feels they are doing their job well.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Beauty Bootcamp

Nov 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You will learn a lot and get to touch more than you would at bigger, more established companies. If you are looking for more than a start-up but aren't ready to drown in layers and hierarchy, this is a great place to leave your mark. Lots of exciting projects are underway and the approach to work during the pandemic has been one that has encouraged/empowered everyone.

Cons

To be successful here, you have to be an owner and a problem solver. If you need lots of hand holding or want to sit/dwell in the drama of what isn't working, you won't like the environment.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Promising Future

Apr 23, 2020 - Department Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started my job at HATCH thinking, "it's going to be rough, but just stick with it for a year and move on". I knew it was going to be stressful but a great learning experience. That being said, my opinion on the company and my time here has changed recently. There have been some leadership changes that I think will positively effect the company. I mean, there have been A LOT of leadership changes over the not too distant past, but this is the first one that I think could really help turn things around. They have been saying since I've been here that they want to focus on Company Culture, which in no way has happened (beyond me having a pretty cool boss that is always showing she cares). I do, however, think that the new president will make this a priority and I've already started seeing him making changes. There is a lot going on at HATCH, but it's one of the most engaging places I've worked at with a lot of really talented people. A few tweaks to company culture could make this place amazing!

Cons

Can be high-stress at times. Reactionary projects that don't make sense. Not a strong company vision in the past.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, positive place to work!!

May 15, 2020 - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked here less than a year but my time at HATCHBEAUTY so far has been great! HR & Management cares so much about their employees and you can feel that. I feel appreciated every day! I've been thoroughly pleased and impressed by how they have handled the COVID-19 situation as well. Constantly checking in to make sure that we have everything we need and that we are doing okay. Twice weekly check-ins with the whole company, including the president and vice president, have been a great way to continue to still see everyone and be updated with what is going on throughout the company! I'm consistently busy and also always working on different types of projects which I love! If you're looking for a fun, always different, fast-paced environment, HATCHBEAUTY is a great place to work :)

Cons

Not a con for me but maybe for some people - projects tend to be due ASAP so you must work fast! I personally enjoy that though!

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Hatchfactory - AWFUL

Nov 5, 2020 - Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is very fast paced and you learn a lot quickly by wearing many hats.

Cons

Where to begin. During my 3 year tenure, I along with my colleagues were abused by this company. The environment is toxic and the management requires employees to perform illegal duties. Typically after a year of working with a CM, they refuse to work with Hatch. That says a lot if their vendors don't enjoy working with them. The hours are dreadful. Compensation is low. Benefits are not ideal. Although you learn a lot, you'll sacrifice more. Highly recommend to think twice before accepting an offer here.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

No Regard for Actual Talents

Jan 27, 2020 - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're into having your bonuses robbed from your hard-earned time, a company that allows its executives steal money, a non-existent company culture or no room for creative solution and personal growth — this place is for you!

Cons

In an digital world where company reviews can be swayed with "false ratings", this is company is no exception. If you see any positive reviews, those are people who were asked to write such things. DO NOT BELIEVE IT! Cons: • Lack of bonuses in the last 3-4 years working there, even though my department meet above its quarterly numbers • No inter-department promotions. As a manager, I have been told by 2 ex-employees that they were denied working on certain projects as well as not being able to move up in a position they were interested in • Management does not provide adequate/additional help when asked especially since each department is short on staff • High turnover rate and poor communication habits • Lack of talented and knowledgeable people. There are employees in high-level executive positions that do not know the business, run a team or bring income to for any of the brands

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

HatchBeauty

Oct 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently started working at HatchBeauty and it has been great! They have an amazing team who are extremely passionate about the space and they bring amazing energy to the others surrounding them each and every day. It's a great work environment and I could not be happier with my move and what my future looks like at Hatch.

Cons

I have nothing to say here.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Unfortunately Headed for a crash

Aug 13, 2019 - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great marketing and creative teams. Caring group of people. Even a sweet HR lead. Office closed at 6PM promptly

Cons

New VP has no clue what she is doing. Does not know a thing about the beauty industry or how to keep good people happy. Her ego will drive the company into the ground.

4 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee

Stay as far away as you can

Sep 27, 2019 - General
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really nice employees, get to work on a lot of different product formats

Cons

Terrible place to work. CEO and other executives have no clue where to take the company forward. Directions change every day and other employees are forced to work like cogs in a machine. No team work whatsoever with new management. Everyone does what everyone thinks works for them. I’d be surprised if you last 6 months without a stress breakdown.

5 people found this review helpful