HireLevel. Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Teresa Katubig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "High Expectations - Great Reward"

Current Employee - Business Development in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at HireLevel. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement. Managers challenge you daily. Held to high expectations. Hard work is rewarded. Non traditional but amazing benefits. Try finding another owner who gives direct contributions to personal savings and IRA's without requiring an employee match.

Cons

You will have to look elsewhere because I have not found one yet. If you have a hard time with accountability, setting and meeting goals, or have a "that is not my job" attitude this is not the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! My direct manager makes it a point to meet with me once a week to check in on my progress and how she can help. This one-on-one time is truly invaluable.

I have rated most of the categories below a 4/5. Not because HireLevel isn't great but, because we are forever challenging ourselves to do better! A 5 would mean we were perfect and our team knows we can always be better.

"General Labor/Forklift Operator"

Current Employee - Warehouse Laborer & Lead in Granite City, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Laborer & Lead in Granite City, IL

I have been working at HireLevel. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warehouse sent to were mostly far when it came to the "Temps" and the hire ons.

Cons

To much highschool drama and the fact the floor supervisors were stirring the pot, or lied to get the personally move due to race,not being pretty enough,but the fact that they get rid of all the harder workers due to being unsure of there position.

Advice to Management

Try to get the information of the true reason before accusing anyone of any kind of hear say,please.

"This is a career, not a job"

Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - Payroll Specialist in Marion, IL

I have been working at HireLevel. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for this company less than two years and will tell you it isn't easy, BUT it's worth it. I may not agree with that statement every day but EVERY job is like that. The company continues to grow and we get to grow with it if we so choose. The opportunity is there! The company is more known for its staffing but the payroll department is growing just as large with a much smaller staff. It is a demanding job and they want the best out of you but also the best FOR you because that is what is best for the company as a whole. I have learned more, grown more and EARNED more with this company in my two short years here than any of my previous employment that was for 6 and 5 year terms. Your co workers are your TEAM and want to see you grow professionally and personally. You will receive training (they are getting better at it since when I first started) and will PAY you to learn to become certified in the fundamentals of payroll, pay for the material and testing as well. They will PAY for you to grow from that and become a Certified Payroll Professional. They want the best from you and they will EXPECT the best from you. They are not there to pat you on the head, tell you good job and hold your hand. This is a career and we are adults. We work hard and we play hard as well. There is room to grow in the company if you take the advantages offered. If you give 100% you will receive 100% in return. It is not a typical 8am - 5pm job especially during tax season and the stress can overwhelm sometimes. When your job is to make sure a person gets their paycheck timely and correctly, yeah, there is going to be stress and yes there will be accountability. You will be pushed to grow from it and you learn every day. It take some tough skin, a willing mind and a steadfast work ethic to make it with this company and honestly that's the type of team members we need and WANT to work with due to such a growing company and work load.

Cons

You work with mostly women who, on occasion, are known to be "catty" by nature when grouped together and working together day in and day out.

Advice to Management

Open Door Policy needs improvement

"Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - IT Director in Marion, IL
    Current Employee - IT Director in Marion, IL

I have been working at HireLevel. full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with the Extra Help team since 2003. I was with Teresa and the team when it was a single cramped office in Marion, Illinois. I have been along to see the company grow to become one of the fastest growing companies in the state and have helped open every branch office. Extra Help is far more than a job; it's a family. It's an adventure! We go to Cardinals games together, have wonderful nights out with dinner and dancing, spend time on the beach in Florida. All of this paid for by the company as a thank you to the employees.

I've witnessed the greatest acts of kindness and charity exhibited by the company and owner. Generosity towards employees and communities alike. This is a wonderful place. My home. And, I'm a man. I can tell you all, without any doubt, the slander plastered here is nothing more than trollish behavior by a disgruntled person.

Cons

Don't come to work here if you're not willing to give 100%. The rest of us don't want to take up your slack.

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking. And cookies. I'd like to see more cookies.

"Great"

Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Payroll Administrator in Columbia, MO

I worked at HireLevel. part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, learned a lot, flexible managers.

Cons

No cons, Nothing bad to say

"Something different and hard to deal with."

Current Employee - Assembler in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Assembler in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at HireLevel. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you have somewhere to go.

Cons

Not going to the job and knowing what you will do.

Advice to Management

Make the job interesting and fun so that employees will want to work.

7. "It has been fast paced, exciting, and time well spent."

Current Employee - Business Development (Payroll Sales) in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Development (Payroll Sales) in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

We're the perfect size company. We have the capabilities to do everything that our national competitors do (Processing, State/Fed Tax Filing, Timekeeping, Job Costing, etc. etc.) only BETTER. Reason being... we're not so large that we require a 1-800 # with an automated system. Each of our clients have a dedicated processor who they can contact directly with any questions or needs. The PERSONAL touch and customer service that we're able to provide our clients make selling our services easy. There's a great company culture, an awesome group of hard working people who work hard. The owner/management are great leaders who have expectations of their team, lead by example, and both recognize and reward hard work and dedication.

Cons

I wouldn't consider it a con, however, it is something that some ma see as a draw back. The company is growing at a fast rate and there are things changing all the time. While the changes are all for the better, I know a lot of people can't deal with change very well.

Advice to Management

Excited for everything ahead of the EH team!

8. "As the company continues to grow, we continue to add staff and opportunities"

Current Employee - Placement Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Ability to please potential clients by flexible pricing and decision making

Cons

Growth has been challenging for all but we have worked hard at training and consistency within the offices.

Advice to Management

Keep working on training for all staff and hiring more people to help us grow that can bring our team to a higher level.

9. "Up and Coming company"

Current Employee - Placement Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at Extra Help is the ability to define your future. Extra Help has expanded in the last 3 years to the Edwardsville area and just recently opened an office in downtown St. Louis. We have the ability to provide not only employment services to our clients but also payroll services and HR services. This is a company that cares about its clients and looks for ways to help them grow their businesses.

Cons

If there is a con for Extra Help it is the fact that this is a smaller company and the training program is one that you have to do a lot of self directed training.

Advice to Management

Work on formalizing procedures as the business continues to expand in the St. Louis and Metro East market. Continue to hire great people!

10. "Payroll Support"

I worked at HireLevel. full-time

Pros

Supportive management and peers; fast-paced job; fun workplace

Cons

the region in which the office the located