Hodes Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hodes President and CEO Roopesh Nair
Roopesh Nair

Pros
  • Work life balance is perfect, 9 am to 5 pm or 10 am to 6 pm (in 16 reviews)

• work from home option is available which means a lot of time to spend with family (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are still a few growing pains that I hope are smoothed over soon (in 2 reviews)

• Gap between employees and management team (in 2 reviews)

"Good company with great flexibility"

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Cons

confusion regarding the company as a whole

"People, culture and product"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Hodes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great momentum which we need to hold on to from a product perspective. I haven't seen the clarity and completeness with which the company is focusing on the experience of the candidate and the employer before in any of my previous experience working in talent acquisition for over 10 years.
    The company lives and breathes the culture it has on the walls and this helps sets clear expectations around behavior in the company
    I love the people I work with and enjoy the support I get from my leadership

Cons

Since we integrated few companies together and not every person was a good fit to the direction and the culture, there was some negativity in the last one year. I believe we have cleaned up the boat now and moving towards a unmatchable culture and product now:

Advice to Management

I know you need to get every person along the journey, but sometimes after you have tried doing that, you should just move on and push your thoughts.

Dec 12, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for the feedback and for your support!

""New Hodes" is so much better than old Hodes"

I have been working at Hodes full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hodes has the resources we need to be a technology enabled company. Its a key differentiator for us. The new People Success team is also taking good care of us. We are totally headed in the right director forward. With modern leadership who gets it. There are a lot of smart people at Hodes these days!

Cons

Change is a constant here. If you cannot thrive in an agile environment, do not work here.

Advice to Management

Sometimes we go so fast we get in our own way. But there are far worse things.

Dec 18, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback (especially the shout-out to People Success :-)) and for your support. Sometimes our speed does get in our way -- we welcome your continued feedback as we work to ensure ... More

"Client service and sales ethics"

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President Sales
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President Sales

I worked at Hodes full-time

Pros

Loved all the time I spent at Hodes although I had to leave because of some personal issues I faced
    Leadership was very helpful and very hands on
    Always focused on the clients and ensuring the clients are getting the best value

Cons

Lots of old baggage which needed to be cleaned up
    Significant changes over the year, which needed a lot of changes in people ( not sure if it has yet happened )

Advice to Management

clean up the baggage and focus on great sales talent to help grow the company

Dec 18, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for the feedback! Hodes is off on a new adventure as part of Symphony Talent and, as you suggest, we are leaving the baggage behind. We are rebuilding the sales team with fantastic ... More

"Engineer"

I have been working at Hodes full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-People are very friendly
    -Work life balance is perfect, 9 am to 5 pm or 10 am to 6 pm
    -Work remotely

Cons

-Maybe develop too fast, always cannot hire the right people
    -High turn over rate
    -Structure of the company is changing everyday. The management doesn't know what's next, how to make good use of resources
    -Gap between employees and management team

Dec 18, 2016 – Chief People Officer

We appreciate your feedback. As we enter 2017, you will see a clear strategy for Hodes as part of Symphony Talent and you will have the chance to engage with the leadership team on the strategy and ... More

7. "Zombie Death March"

Pros

Early on, the teams, product and culture were all rising stars.

Cons

5 CEOs in less than 5 years, none of whom could scale up or manage around Symphony, the notoriously toxic Private Equity firm that owns this hodge-podge collection of companies. It's changed names from Findly to Findly + Hodes + Skillcheck, back to just Findly, then back to just Hodes, now Symphony Talent. At one point it was an awesome team and product with a ton of potential, rising revenue, and marquee customers. Symphony managed to ruin what momentum we had. Now the offices are all being closed and shipped off-shore to India (which has been tried and failed 3 times before). This collection of companies will continue to be rolled up, restructured, downsized, off-shored and rebranded until it can be written off by Symphony, without regard to employees or customers. This is a zombie death march. Get out now while you can!

Advice to Management

Current CEO and senior management are powerless. Symphony is managing every major decision in this company, and my advice to them is to write off your losses and sell off Findly/Hodes to someone else who can turn the ship around.

Dec 12, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. It is true that Hodes and Findly have experienced a great deal of change over the last several years. The organizations have been together as Symphony Talent since May ... More

"Love working at Hodes"

I have been working at Hodes full-time

Pros

Work from home, great team, flexibility, balanced hours, culture and leadership

Cons

There is no paid maternity leave

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum, very inspiring and glad to be part of a growing team

Oct 10, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback and for your support. In terms of your comment about maternity leave, we do offer two weeks of paid paternal leave. We are evaluating our leave policies and hope to ... More

"Proud to be here"

I have been working at Hodes full-time

Pros

Very rarely in your life do you get the ability to create true impact to a company that is focussing on redefining a space which needs significant change. Although people is the most important part of an organization, not many companies care about the experience of their candidates and their employees. Being at Hodes, I have the ability the directly change this and see the change everyday. In the last 2 years we have really come a long way in being able to help our clients focus on the experience of their candidates and I'm proud to be part of that change.

Cons

There is a lot more work to be done and hence no time rest and take a step back.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all the support and looking forward to many more years of transformation before we achieve our vision

Sep 29, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for the kinds words and for your support. We appreciate all of your great work and commitment. We will work on creating space to take a breather and celebrate our successes.

"Running in circles isn't having a direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

I worked at Hodes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

.Hodes (or whatever name they do business under at the moment), pays above average salaries. The benefits are also comprehensive and affordable. Remote employment is available for some employees as they have closed most of their brick & mortar offices.

Cons

Exhausting all attempts at objectivity, there are just so many problems with this company. Imagine working for an organization that has completely restructure, re-incorporated 4 times in 4 years? This is a company that truly lacks direction. Even what they sell and how they sell those products change like the weather. This has created extreme turmoil among the employees throughout the company. Hodes, Findly, Symphony. This company just can't figure itself out. As a result, this company has lost a great deal of credibility within its industry. Add to this continuous circle, products that are heavily overpriced and not ready for market. Their competitors appear much more stable and offer the same products at a lower price point. As a result, their revenue is shrinking.

Advice to Management

It might very well be too late to find a direction and stick to it. Stop trying to sell soup to nuts and figure out who you are and what you sell. I don't believe this company(s) will be around much longer.

Nov 10, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback. You are correct that Hodes has been through a lot of change over the last four years. Through all the change, though, there have been several constants. One is the ... More

"It's a great time to be at Hodes"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

Pros

I've worked at Hodes for 10+ years, have been through the changes from large public company, to Silicon Valley SaaS startup in Findly, and back to Hodes. Now, because of the success of Hodes as a standalone company once again focusing on omnichannel employer brand over the last 1.5 years, our Parent company has decided to invest more in our space with the creation of Symphony Talent, yet Hodes will remain at its core, something that is critical to the legacy Hodes clients and staff. We finally have a visionary in Roopesh Nair, our CEO. He gets our space being a marketing technologist himself. He's personally met with probably 90% of our clients face to face, and can tell you what virtually every employee's role in the company is. He has created a management structure from the top down that actually holds managers accountable for their staff yet fosters a constant, open and collaborative culture. There are documented employee training and growth programs, there are bonus incentives, monthly all hands calls - things that never existed in the past. And leaders in the organization are a combination of legacy Hodes employees that Roopesh identified / uncovered from anonymity and fresh thinking from the outside. Hodes also remains an incredibly close knit employee base, which is evidenced by the friendships we have with our coworkers outside of work - Two of my best friends in life are former Hodes employees. When you're largely a virtual organization, that says a lot.

Cons

As with any company that has been through so much change, cultural shift is hard. If you're content and want to approach your work like you always have, if you're not on board with the vision of the company, you're going to struggle, it's that simple. You're going to be given more support than you've ever received, though. But there are some that feel they have been passed over and those employees tend to express negative sentiment internally/externally. But if you're good, and you work hard, you will be recognized - something that rarely happened in the past. But change is not easy, and sometimes the pace of our vision struggles to be met with the pace of our execution. And we will get there eventually, but there will be growing pains.

Advice to Management

Continue to be patient. At the center of this transformation are people. It's not about the technology. We need great people to drive our solutions and that takes time to shift culture and inject new blood. And continue to be close to your employees when you grow. It's not easy but that's one of the greatest aspects of Hodes.

Sep 1, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for the eloquent, well-balanced summary of Hodes' journey over the last several years. We are glad that you perceive the organization to be on the right track and we appreciate the advice ... More