Hotelplanner.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Tim Hentschel

1. "Good Job!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time

Pros

I enjoy working for this company. The supervisors and co-workers treat each other with respect. Very friendly and lovely environment. I love that we have lunch come to the office and paid for.

Cons

There is nothing i will change from this company.

Advice to Management

Keep the AMAZING job!

2. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - In-House Legal Counsel in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - In-House Legal Counsel in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com (Less than a year)

Pros

Global, progressive, forward-thinking technology company, with a diverse group of employees, competitive pay, great benefits and incentives; garage parking is provided; flexible work schedule; amazing and down to earth staff and executive team; and, as an additional perk, a Starbuck's coffee machine in the lunch room, along with paid lunches for the entire staff every day.

Cons

None that I have experienced so far.

Advice to Management

None so far.

3. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm not a diva, but I am a software developer and we have certain needs to be able to do our job effectively. Hotelplanner does what it can to make sure those needs are met. I have a comfortable chair and desk with plenty of space. I have NATURAL light with a great view; not stuffed in a windowless box with the low hum of florescent lights above me. On day one I had a top-of-the-line laptop ready for me along with external keyboard and mouse. On day two my 2nd and 3rd(!) monitors arrived. As a developer, I'm allowed to do my job. I solve problems and write code. I am not expected to baby-sit other developers or hold the hand of a business owner who doesn't understand why their idea of a technical "solution" is bad. If I have questions, I can ask. If I have suggestions, I can speak up. Also, it's quiet! Not just within the tech area where the developers sit. Throughout the entire office, people are respectful of those around them and contribute to a calm, low-key working environment.

My tech colleagues are knowledgeable and easy to get along with. In fact, every employee I've met has been nice and super friendly.

An amazing perk is the free lunch. No, really. Every day the company pays for lunch from your choice of several local restaurants, delivered to the office. No fighting traffic both ways and only having 10-15 minutes to eat! Also, we have good coffee. As an engineer, this is important!

Cons

Having only been here a month the "cons" I have stem more from adapting to a different development life-cycle and coding standard than from anything inherently "bad". I can't help but compare back to the environment in which I spent the last 5 years. I know that if I felt that there was a "better" way, the people here (all the way to C-level management) would be willing to have the conversation and fairly evaluate the suggestion.

Advice to Management

I like your passion and commitment to your employees. You seem to want to do what is best for the company, the employees and your customers. I immediately felt that the employees are not just a group of people but are more of a "family". That's a great attitude, keep it up!

I rated the company a 4 out of 5 only because there are things I have not yet experienced (such as benefits). My experience thus far has been good and I'm happy to be a part of Hotelplanner.com.

4. "GREATEST COMPANY EVER"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Director in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Director in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Proud and Honored to be a part of this organization, Best Leadership I have ever been fortunate enough to be associated with. Best opportunity I have ever had. Lots of work but rewarding.

Cons

Have not encountered any negative issues

Advice to Management

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

5. "Who would not want to work at HotelPlanner!?"

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To this day, Hoteplanner has been one of the best things that has come my way. It is a new everyday learning experience at the office. The environment is incredible, from our office itself to the wonderful crew. We receive payed lunch 5 days a week from high rating restaurants. Our pay is great for the job we accomplish and commission only makes it better. It is nice to get payed for how hard you work, the more effort put in, the better commission earned. I have to say working for this company is an honor, HotelPlanner makes their clients and employees feel significantly important. What not to love right?

Cons

I cannot think of anything negative about this company. I guess I can say that I could put in more potential to my department, and would love to see my team do the same. This would allow our numbers to grow and for our company to keep succeeding!

Advice to Management

I advice the management to continue to encourage us, the employees to become better each and everyday and to provide feedback on how to succeed in each department.

6. "The Place To Be"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

HotelPlanner.com is the place to be! I fell in love with the company from the beginning. Their innovative ideas are taking over the travel agency industry. They are rapidly growing and will gladly take those who work hard along for the ride. Whether you work as an intern or full-time it's a great experience in the hospitality field.

I can't forget to mention the call center manager, who works harder than anyone to make sure we are satisfied on a daily basis. Plus, she knows how to bring a little bit of fun at the office once in a while!

Cons

School-life/Work balance. If you are a full-time student, working full time at Hotel Planner may be a bit much to handle. Although in the slow season it is possible to work on school assignments, it is still not encouraged to do so in the office, which is understandable but inconvenient.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always keeping us in the loop when the company undergoes changes. It's greatly appreciated.

7. "Hotelplanner.com is great!"

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working at HotelPlanner, everyone is very nice and there is room to grow in the company. It has truly been a great learning experience for me.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about HotelPlanner.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

8. "AWESOME PLACE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vacation time, Dental, Vision & Health benefits. 401k, commission, paid holidays, lunch on the daily. This is honestly a great place with many opportunities to grow.

Cons

The parking garage is a hassle to get up to.

Advice to Management

Bonus should't have taxes deducted.

9. "Awesome Job! Awesome Benefits!"

Current Employee - Inbound Call Center in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Call Center in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy the atmosphere, team work and enjoy providing innovative ideas for future projects! Management is always respectful of my life/work balance. The company provides opportunities to support our charties of choice. The benefits are wonderful! They provided Medical, Dental, 401K, paid Holidays and Vacation...Hello that rivals any Fortune 500 company!

Cons

It is hard to think of a con when you are working for such a great company! I think my only con would be towards me. My personal goal is to become a stronger and more cohesive team player!

Advice to Management

Not really advice but a "big thank you" for the opportunity to support many great causes such as JDRF, Turkey Trot United Way Feed Families, Bamboozle Little Smiles and Palm Beach FL Strides! As a whole I feel like our company will make a difference to the world as a whole!!

10. "The best company I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hotelplanner.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the most organized and progressive companies I have ever worked for. I love how planners ideas and opinions are integrated into change on a regular basis. I also love how up to date on technology the company is. Also, even though I work remotely I feel very included in the day to day life at the main offices.

Cons

Sometimes the emails are repetitive but I understand they are there for a reason!