Humantech Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 4, 2017

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Honest & progressive company, tough work-life balance and advancement opportunities"

I worked at Humantech full-time

Pros

Travel. You'll spend the first 4-6 years on the road roughly 6 out of 8 weeks. However,Fantastic company to start your career as there is tons of experience across a wide variety of industries to learn from. You'll learn more at Humantech as a consultant in 1 year than you will as an ergonomist in a factory in 5 years. You get exposed to every bit of industry and manufacturing all across the world. Management is very fair and supportive. My manager, Greg, was/is very supporting and encouraging in my current projects and future plans.

Cons

Travel. As great of an experience it is to see and explore new places (new locale every week) it is a tough work/life balance. The Monday-Friday trips are the worst as you have to leave on a Sunday and don't get home until late Friday night. More importantly, Humantech's staff is mostly senior (7-9+) years experience thus it is difficult to advance in. There are more chiefs than indians.

Advice to Management

I have nothing but respect and the best regards for my former Humantech family. They paid for 2 different career advancement certifications and were always encouraging.

2. "Ergonomics Engineer"

Former Employee - Ergonomics Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Ergonomics Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Humantech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We were able to work with many noteworthy companies all around the world, which gave me great exposure as a female in this competitive industry.

Cons

Management talked about treating everyone fairly and tried to promote a great place to work. For the most part it was but there is a lot of micromanaging that goes on, especially if you are in the office.

Advice to Management

Trust your consulting staff more and try to innovate, our tools are quite dated.

3. "Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Consultant in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Humantech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, young company. They will challenge you to step outside your comfort zone

Cons

Work-life balance is a bit out of whack. Lots of travel involved, but you don't get to go to nice places until you hold the power to sell and schedule your own work

Advice to Management

None

4. "Good Firm to learn, good team work"

Current Employee - Area Coordinator Field MArketing
    Current Employee - Area Coordinator Field MArketing

Pros

Excellent team work & a lot of dedicated persons

Cons

need more support from management

Advice to Management

Have to listen feedback from staff & full support to back up